Home Forums WoodMart support forum Shopping cart cache

Shopping cart cache

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

startadesign
    Participant

Hi

I have the same issue and am using wpengine hosting.

They have omitted the cart page from the caching.

After adding something to the basket the item appears on the basket page. If I goto another page say the home page the basket is empty. Works fine in chrome desktop, but edge and mobile chrome the basket items disappear.

Any fix for this yet?

Thanks

R

Hello,

Please check the issue on default theme: Appearance > Themes > choose and test. Then you will switch to your theme and all the settings would remain as before

Best Regards

startadesign
    Participant

what do you mean – the default theme? the demo theme.
    I will need to install the demo and over write my data, etc

I am using a child theme

Please advise

Hello,

I mean fortytwenty theme to check and see if the problem caused by our theme (we have not faced such a problem before) or one of the plugins conflict.

Best Regards

startadesign
    Participant

But there is another thread on here with exactly the same issue with your theme and varnish.
    https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/items-wont-stay-in-shopping-cart/

I have asked wpengine to disable caching on the cart page, but their whole hosting platform works on caching so to remove caching for the whole site would be pointless using their hosting.

How is using the fortytwenty theme a valid test when it is not woocommerce ready?

The issue is to do with cookies and basket – this is an old article.
    more info here https://mikejolley.com/2013/12/20/problems-with-cart-sessions-and-woocommerce/

This maybe a woocommerce issue or theme and javascript basket issue?

If the only solution is to move to a hosting company without caching and varnish, then the theme or woocommerce is not viable

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, but as you can read on that topic, the issue was not connected to our theme but to the varnish cache. The shopping cart is a part of the WooCommerce functionality and our theme doesn’t influence it. You can test it with WooCommrece Storefront theme if you want to see how it works with some theme that is compatible with WooCommerce.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)