Home Forums Basel support forum Show Remainder for Free Shipping in Cart & Checkout Page

Show Remainder for Free Shipping in Cart & Checkout Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ochow7
    Participant

Hello,

If I offer free shipping for orders that are $50+, and someone has $20 in their cart, is there a way to show on the CART PAGE as well as the CHECKOUT PAGE the difference that’s left in order to qualify for free shipping?

Is there a setting that I’m missing?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry, but there is no such option in our theme and WooCommerce by default. It may require additional code customization or extra plugin but we don’t have an instruction for this. It is out of our theme support scope.

Regards

ochow7
    Participant

I understand.

I just found this website that offers two solutions using code:

I just downloaded the plugin, MY CUSTOM FUNCTIONS, because I’m not a coder and don’t understand how to edit PHP files. I inputted the code, and it says it causes an error.

Can you kindly take a quick look at the two codes they offer for:
    #1 – Show Amount Left for Free Shipping on Cart Page
    #2 – Show Amount Left for Free Shipping on Checkout Page

I would like the color of the box the match the themes color.

Genuinely, I would appreciate your help with adding this crucial piece of functionality.

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but we don’t know how this code is supposed to work and we don’t have an instruction to fix it.

Regards

ochow7
    Participant

If anyone is following along, I found a great solution on this website.

Download a plugin that will allow you to add Custom PHP and enter the following code:

/**
     * Show a message at the cart/checkout displaying
     * how much to go for free shipping.
     */
    function my_custom_wc_free_shipping_notice() {
    	if ( ! is_cart() && ! is_checkout() ) { // Remove partial if you don't want to show it on cart/checkout
    		return;
    	}
    	$packages = WC()->cart->get_shipping_packages();
    	$package = reset( $packages );
    	$zone = wc_get_shipping_zone( $package );
    	$cart_total = WC()->cart->get_displayed_subtotal();
    	if ( WC()->cart->display_prices_including_tax() ) {
    		$cart_total = round( $cart_total - ( WC()->cart->get_discount_total() + WC()->cart->get_discount_tax() ), wc_get_price_decimals() );
    	} else {
    		$cart_total = round( $cart_total - WC()->cart->get_discount_total(), wc_get_price_decimals() );
    	}
    	foreach ( $zone->get_shipping_methods( true ) as $k => $method ) {
    		$min_amount = $method->get_option( 'min_amount' );
    		if ( $method->id == 'free_shipping' && ! empty( $min_amount ) && $cart_total < $min_amount ) {
    			$remaining = $min_amount - $cart_total;
    			wc_add_notice( sprintf( 'Add %s more to get free shipping!', wc_price( $remaining ) ) );
    		}
    	}
    }

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Show Remainder for Free Shipping in Cart & Checkout Page’ is closed to new replies.