Home Forums WoodMart support forum Sidebar on sub category pages not parent categories?

Sidebar on sub category pages not parent categories?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

TTM
    Participant

Hello,

I was wondering if its possible to only show the sidebar on certain category pages?

Currently we have redesigned parent category pages with a landing page style home page and the sub category would have the sidebar on them?

As all I can do in the theme settings it set the sidebar to on or off and wasn’t in the category pages either :/

If this is not part of your theme I get it, but can you at least let me know the function i have to override in order to achieve it.

Cheers

Josh

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and contacting us.

Unfortunately, there is no option to set sidebars on certain categories. We regret we cannot advise anything on WooCommerce customization required

Best Regards

TTM
    Participant

Im not planning on editing anything to do with woocommerce all I want to know is where to find the function that adds the classes to the container see screen shot.

As the case has it I do need a sidebar on a blog sub category page also, so thats nothing to do with woocommerce.

Otherwise im just gonna have to achieve it through CSS and that seems messy.

Cheers

Josh

https://www.dropbox.com/s/utxsndiak5i0e9r/Screenshot%202018-06-26%2014.06.40.png?dl=0

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

You can try custom CSS. Have a look at the screen of a category page http://prntscr.com/jzkvnt Each of them has its unique class. So you can try this code replacing the category class

.term-cooking > .shop-content-area{
       width:100%;
       min-width:100%;
       left:0!important;
    }
    .term-cooking.sidebar-container,
    .term-cooking.sidebar-left{
       display:none;
    }

Add the code to Theme Settings > Custom CSS.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)