Home Forums WoodMart support forum Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue – Woodmart issue or others or more

Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue – Woodmart issue or others or more

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

harshwe
    Participant

Very Urgent:
    Hello Luke,

I just now received an email stating – “Your Site is Experiencing a Technical Issue
    Howdy!
    WordPress has a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.
    Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 227 of the file /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-user-functions.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function init_session_cookie() on null in /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-user-functions.php:227
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woodmart-core/inc/auth.php(228): wc_set_customer_auth_cookie(187)
    #1 /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woodmart-core/inc/auth.php(162): WOODMART_Auth->register_or_login(‘info@vasangini….’, ”)
    #2 /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): WOODMART_Auth->process_auth_callback(”)
    #3 /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
    #4 /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    #5 /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-settings.php(623): do_action(‘init’)
    #6 /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-config.php(120): require_once(‘/home/vasangin/…’)
    #7 /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once(‘/home/vasangin/…’)
    #8 /home/vasangin/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php(34): re

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:

WordPress version 6.2.2
    Active theme: Woodmart Child (version 1.0.0)
    Current plugin: WooCommerce (version 7.1.1)
    PHP version 7.4.33

Please do Not ask to update Woodmart Theme until explicitly required. Because we need to test first on staging site. We cannot update it directly on Live site. As you already know, it broke many a times during update and we had multiple issues everytime with almost every update.
    And if updating just Woocommerce alone can solve the issue, then please suggest. But in this case, please also, suggest shall we update Woocommerce and will it be compatible with existing current version of Woodmart theme, or viceversa.

However, whether updating is required or not, in either case, can you please look into the errors and suggest, as what might be causing the issue and how can we fix it.

You can have the credentials from previous tickets. Still posting here.

Regards

tetro
    Participant

Hi, I got the same message on three websites. Please check what could be the reason for these messages and how to fix it. Thank you.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

We advise updating to the latest version as there is a vulnerability in the Core plugin that has been fixed in the recent theme update 7.1.4 and core update 1.0.39.

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

Please suggest further-
    1. After updating the Theme, shall we have to update the Woocommerce also to the latest version.
    Current version of Woo is 7.1.1
    Or is it that, with Woo 7.1.1 updating of theme is not required.

2. In the meantime, we asked Hosting also, and they revert or downgrade the PHP version from 7.4.33 to 7.3.33, to avoid this error. Not sure whether this will fix the issue or not.

So wanted to know after updating the Theme, shall we keep the PHP version to 7.3.33 or update to 7.4.X or even newer to this one that is 8.x or 8.1x

In either case, can you please look into the errors and suggest, as what might be causing the issue suddenly.

Please suggest

Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

2. a). In addition to my above message-
    Hosting team tried to upgrade to latest version of PHP from 7.4 to 8.x then more errors started showing up, as can be seen from below and as replicated from their end – https://armada.support/u5Ra7LCTbz

So please suggest after updating the Theme shall we need to update the PHP version or keep it with the current one, either 7.3x or 7.4x

Regards

tetro
    Participant

Hello, I managed to clean one of the websites from a malicious malware ( WP Balada Injector).
    It was the same case that is described in this blog:
    Blog

After deleting the files and updating them, I installed a new version of Wordpres. Before the update, I made copies of websites and copies of the database.
    I do hope this helps.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. We recommend that you always install new versions of your theme and plugins.

2. Have you updated the theme to the latest version? If so, create a new test site with PHP 8.x version, which will have errors and please provide FTP.

Kind Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

2. Have you updated the theme to the latest version?

Not so far.
    Would like to update but before that wanted to know just one thing. Once we update and if other issues started appearing (just like with previous updates, and as we mentioned earlier), is there a way to roll back to previous version of the Theme and Core plugin.
    I think that was asked by many users earlier also. I think that was in pipeline also to bring such feature. I am not sure whether that has been brought or not.
    Also, if such feature has not been added so far, what other way we can roll back to previous version of theme (other than backing up All files or whole site).

PS: Until then, we are in touch with the hosting support, we will try to Clone the Live site first on the staging site and then try to update the theme on that staging site first.
    Or else, as per your suggestion we shall update the Theme directly on Live site first, to get rid of that error.

Please suggest

Regards

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Unfortunately, there is no way to do that.

2. Update the theme and plugin to the latest versions on the test site and install PHP 8.x and observe whether errors appear or not, if errors appear then give access to that test site and FTP.

Kind Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

In order to be safer, we did updated the Theme to the latest version on staging2 site as well as Woodmart Core.
    https://staging2.vasangini.com/
    Thereafter we checked few things randomly, and could not find any such issues, till then.
    So we tried to update to PHP version from 7.4.x to 8.1. And then we tried to update the plugin, but the problem started appearing here.
    Whenever we choose or select any plugin to update it, it stucks In-between and kept showing the below message-
    https://i2.paste.pics/a8aca21a3a28d1a10c07d041302cdfe7.png
    PS: Internet and everything else is working fine.
    It then started showing this – https://i2.paste.pics/09952f2e490a908a4d6e34214362bf92.png

Hence, we were unable to proceed further at all. As nothing was working and showing on the staging2 site, as it was set to under Maintenance mode.

In order to replicate we asked the hosting also, and they suggested us to revert to previous PHP version that is 7.4.x and to check whether the issue still persists or not. They did cleared or deleted the temporary maintenance file also, so that we can check things further.
    We did reverted back to 7.4.x and then tried to update another plugin. And update went smoothly for that plugin.
    PS: (Previous plugin got updated at backend when running on 8.1, but screen did not refreshed and kept in maintenance mode)

Then to cross-verify whether the PHP 8.1 is creating the issues or not. We asked hosting to revert back to 8.1 for this staging2 site alone. And thereafter, when we tried to update another plugin, it again stucked and showed the similar screen and the site was put under Maintenance, like earlier.
    https://i2.paste.pics/630584a5577d5a214e24f66a21821387.png

Then we reverted back to 7.4.x again and the update of Plugins started working again.

Question:
    Does that means that the Theme is not compatible with PHP 8.1 or later versions. Or does it require something else or some setting in order to work properly.
    In either case, can you please suggest what is causing the issue and how can it be resolved. So that we can update the PHP version to 8.1 or later and can even update the plugins smoothly and so the the Theme

PS: Please test on staging2 site only. Credentials same as of Live site.
    Currently the site is on PHP 7.4.x Please let me know shall we update it to 8.1 so that you can test further.
    Also, please try to update only these plugins marked in Green. Please do Not update any other plugin.

Kind Attention:
    We did not added such tags, can you please check who might have added. Can you please remove such tags, as these won’t help us to identify, nor it may help others, even while searching.

https://i2.paste.pics/fbee1d51c33b48885f7d5279775e77e0.png
    Currently these are showing under while I am trying to Add my response within the same Ticket. And I think, I am able to edit or remove these. So I am trying to remove these while Submitting my response. Will check whether these will show up after submitting our response or not.
    But please check from your side, as well.

PS: I think another user who added response on this ticket, might have added these Tags.

Please suggest and resolve

Regards

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by harshwe.

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

In addition to our previous response (just above this one)

For plugins to be updated, the ones marked in Green are below. The screenshot was not updated earlier, hence writing again.
    https://i2.paste.pics/9d8119279ad1d36e079fdca0152dfa4a.png

Please try to update only these plugins marked in Green. Please do Not update any other plugin.

Update: Also, hosting support team just got the PHP version for staging2 site updated from 7.4.x to 8.1 so that you can test easily.

https://i2.paste.pics/5809fccb818414dc819026c5ef2ba7a9.png

You can now try to update any ONE of the plugin(from above list marked in Green), as of now. So that, if you further require to update any other plugin while in PHP 7.4.x, we can then have the options from the remaining plugins list, that needs to be updated (from the above ones marked in Green)

Regards

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

All “Green” plugins are updated, I tried from our and default theme and in both cases, the updating works well.

Default theme: https://take.ms/ZE0nX
    WoodMart theme: https://take.ms/LLcCs

So please try to check it on your side from both themes, ours and default.

Kind Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

I think you might not have gone through my message correctly, this time.
    First of all, I was expecting you to Only update just one of the plugin (marked in green), and if successful. I was expecting your response. So that I can then try the same at my end, from remaining of the plugins to be updated (in Green)

2. Secondly, the screenshot that you shared – https://take.ms/LLcCs
    Is the same one, which even I was getting. This screenshot, does not states the Successful update of the plugin.
    This is the screen where the plugin update got stucked earlier also.
    If at any plugin gets successful, then it shows additional lines also on the same page, like with the line – Plugin has been successfully updated
    With 2 links at bottom – Check plugin page and one another (I do not remember the exact names)

But yours screen did not showed that successful update.
    So, can you please clarify, did you get that screen also, which states Plugin is successfully updated. Or does the screen shows the same line which is being showed in your link – https://take.ms/LLcCs
    Because, if this is the only screen, then also there are chances that plugin gets updated at backend, but the page did not gets refreshed or loaded completely, stating that same line – Plugin is successfully updated.

In short, in your last message, it shows that the Update has been started, but Not completed. So it is not clear to me, whether you get the screen or not, which states – Plugin has been successfully updated.
    Can I ask, did you get that screen as well for each of the plugin or not. Because, the update may still happen sometime, even if that screen shows or not. And that is also not a good sign.

Can you please clarify with some details.

Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

In addition to our previous message, just wanted to know, did you updated the same set of plugins on the Live site also alongwith the staging2 site (or just the staging2 site).
    I just saw and find that all those same plugins set are showing updated on Live site also.

Hence, now I could not test that on Live site in order to find whether the same issue will persist on Live site or not, once we have that updated to PHP version 8.1 from 7.4.xx

Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

In addition to our last 2 responses (in a row, just above), we tried to update one of another plugin, and this got stucked in the stage where it says – Updating plugin, as can be seen from below

https://i2.paste.pics/cf4bee0f4eb3641d646b9208a1f92a94.png

It actually did not shows the Plugin updated Successfully or similar screen, which it should suppose to show.
    Although we did have to Refresh the page after waiting for few minutes. And found that plugin got updated in the Backend, but there is NO sign whatsoever, while updating the plugin.

And this happens only with PHP version 8.1 or later, but not happening with 7.4.x

Regards

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have updated the plugins only on the staging site.

The “Update” functionality is related to WordPress, so please check how it works with the default theme to understand if it is our theme issue or not.

In case, if there is the same issue, it means that the issue is related directly to WordPress.

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

You suggested to update the Theme and to update the PHP version to 8.1 and then let you know, if any issue or any error comes up.
    And when we did updated theme and then PHP version to 8.1 we found that Plugin updates stopped or stucks while updating. That is why I have informed you.

May be you have an idea on why the update of the Plugins got stucked in just 8.1 or later versions only and not with 7.4.x versions. You could try to replicate the same with your local or test environment also, whether the plugin update stucks at that screen or not with PHP 8.1 version.
    And you can test the same with Woodmart Core.

Also, have you come across whether any other user face the same error or issue or not, who is running on PHP version 8.1 or later.

Please suggest

Regards

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

This issue is related to WordPress directly because as I mentioned above, the same issue on the default theme: https://monosnap.com/file/8vcpMSl7IFuSHzdqNXpLZleGbgbZRj

Thus, we cannot influent it, unfortunately. You need to contact with WordPress support team for further solutions because on the default theme the same issue.

Kind Regards

harshwe
    Participant

Hello Luke,

OK, thank you for clarifying on the point further, that this is happening with default theme also.
    Actually earlier you wrote that it is working fine with both Woodmart and Default theme, that is why it might have been created confusion.
    https://i2.paste.pics/3c2085ef88113c00b7ddd50e2b69ae8a.png

Anyways, I will to connect with them. If I find any further info, will let you know.

Can you please check this ticket as I am still waiting for a response.
    It’s been almost 6 days and I have yet not received any response from your side.
    https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/strange-issue-while-logged-in-as-admin-site-opens-slowly-but-not-as-a-visitor/

Regards

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

I meant that in the end, the plugin is updated. But you are right, the message about “Successful update” is missing on both themes so would be better to contact with WordPress support team for further solutions.

Kind Regards

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)