Home Forums Basel support forum Slider not visible after update

Slider not visible after update

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

nirajnagar
    Participant

DearSupport,

I created a site using the 4.5 version theme files which was purchased earlier. Now today I purchased the theme for this website and upgraded the site to latest wp and theme.

Almost all things are working except the banner. The banner is not visible at all. I created the new banner just to test and the new one is also not visible.

Please help.

Staging URL https://www.gemsndiamond.com/stage2

Thanks,
    Niraj

nirajnagar
    Participant

When updating the existing setup i am getting below attached error.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

Try to do the following to update the theme:

1. Go to Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Theme License and deactivate the theme.

2. Go to Dashboard -> Updates and click on Check Again.

3. Activate the theme with your purchase code again.

4. Try to update the theme via Appearance -> Themes or via Dashboard -> Updates.

If it does not help, make the full backup of your site and update via FTP https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/update-theme-2/

If you need help, provide FTP access to the private area.

Best Regards

nirajnagar
    Participant

HI, I am able to update the theme using provided steps. But home page settings gone. Customize window had lots of options. nothing is there… only few options there…
    Please check the attachment.

Again the banner is not working.

I was using jewelry theme before updating.

Please suggest next step.

Attachments:

nirajnagar
    Participant

All the shop page settings have gone.

nirajnagar
    Participant

Dear Support,

I have restroed the site from an old backup of 16th sep. I activated the test location theme.
    Everything got updated except the theme.

I am not sure but the issue is with redux plugin.

When I am updating the theme, I get below error in WordPress

An error occurred while updating Basel: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Attachments:

nirajnagar
    Participant

[18-Sep-2020 18:21:46 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/gemsndia/public_html/test/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php on line 1519
    [18-Sep-2020 18:21:46 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/gemsndia/public_html/test/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php on line 1525
    [18-Sep-2020 18:21:46 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/gemsndia/public_html/test/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php on line 1591
    [18-Sep-2020 18:21:46 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/gemsndia/public_html/test/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php on line 1596
    [18-Sep-2020 18:22:01 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/gemsndia/public_html/test/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php on line 1519
    [18-Sep-2020 18:22:01 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/gemsndia/public_html/test/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php on line 1525
    [18-Sep-2020 18:22:01 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/gemsndia/public_html/test/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php on line 1591
    [18-Sep-2020 18:22:01 UTC] PHP Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/gemsndia/public_html/test/wp-content/themes/basel/inc/functions.php on line 1596

Hello,

First of all, deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme.

Deactivate and delete Redux and CMB2 plugins they are no more needed.

Then follow the steps again, if you have any problems, restore the site from backup again and provide site admin access and FTP we shall do it for you.

Best Regards

nirajnagar
    Participant

Dear Support,

I tried many things including suggested by you. theme got updated but the customization options were not available under the Appearance > customization. 80% of the options available under 4.5 are not available after theme update.

Now for your try, I have set up a separate URL. Please update it to latest and I will move it to live. I have stopped product entry. All the plugins other then theme are deactivated.

nirajnagar
    Participant

Hello Support,

any update?

Regards, Niraj

Hello,

Please contact your host support and ask them to increase the file size to upload the theme: https://prnt.sc/ukhw8s

I tried ty upload the theme via the admin and via c-pannel I cannot. Meanwhile restore the site from the backup.

Best Regars

nirajnagar
    Participant

Dear Support,

Hosting space incresed to 5gb from 2gb. Hope this much is good to go.

Regards,
    Niraj

Hello,

I cannot upload the theme on server https://prnt.sc/ukxecu I tried both: admin of WordPress and C-panel.

Please contact your host support.

Best Regards

nirajnagar
    Participant

If you are uploading the same zip which you have provided to me, then I can upload it for you. Please confirm.

nirajnagar
    Participant

You are uploading it in the wrong folder. You are uploading the theme in live site. I have provided you a test location.

I have uploaded the theme zip test location. You need to extract it and use it. Please do on test url only.

https://prntscr.com/ukxpya

If you are uploading other then provided zip. Please try to upload at test location. I have already uploaded the zip provided to me. If you wish, you can use it.

Hello,

The theme has been updated on the test site.

Please check. You can now activate the plugins one by one checking the site and then finally activate the child theme.

Best Regards

nirajnagar
    Participant

This is not acceptable at all. My home page settings gone. Under the Appearance > Customization all the options are missing.

Let me know if you are able to upgrade the theme with my design and settings.

https://prntscr.com/ukzk4j

Hello,

Your current theme version was very out-to-date. A lot of has been changed. Have you exported the theme settings? Please restore the site from a backup and save the theme settings. I will try again.

All the theme options should be configured in Dashboard > Theme Settings.

The options that are configured in Appearance > Customize are not duplicated to Dashboard > Theme Settings. This is not a bug.

Best Regards

nirajnagar
    Participant

How do i change design settings or shop page to match it with version 4.5? The current shop design settings are showing category name on the image, previously it was at bottom, number of products count is not visible. for me it is wastage of money.

Hello,

Please restore the site from the backup; Export the Theme Settings.

Then deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme;

Delete CMB2 and Redux; https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/faq-guides-2/4-x-5-0-migration-guide/

Update the theme,

Import the theme settings.

When you update the theme on time, you will not have any problems, now updating the theme would take time and forces.

Best Regards

nirajnagar
    Participant

I have restored the 4.5 at the below location. please try to upgrade it with current settings.
    https://prntscr.com/ul5dr3

nirajnagar
    Participant

Dear Support,

I have achieved the settings through Importing settings of 4.5 into 5.3. Can you please check and verify that all is good at the below URL? Once you confirm. I will push it to the live site.

User the same user name and password.

Hello,

I see the theme has been updated as well as all the plugins. Make the full backup of your current live site and move this staging to the live domain.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

As soon as you get the next theme update, please do other with the related plugins to avoid such problems in the future. Always make the full backup of your site and plugins.

Best Regards

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)