Home Forums Basel support forum Social login issue

Social login issue

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Giulio
    Participant

Hi there, I just updated to last version of Basel. Finally the social login 🙂 Amazing! I copied and pasted all datas that I already was using on a social login plugin, but it do not work. I can’t see any field to login with Facebook. Can you help me please?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

Read the detailed instruction about this in our documentation https://xtemos.com/docs/basel/faq-guides-2/configure-facebook-login/

Regards

Giulio
    Participant

Take a look please.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Did you follow the steps from the guide? You must specify your API keys in Theme Settings as well.

Giulio
    Participant

LOL, I know obviously.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access so we can check it?

Thank you in advance

Giulio
    Participant

This is the right web site.

Giulio
    Participant

I can’t do it right now, because I got a lot of people on the web site. And I can’t create a staging site right now. Do you know about some problem with WP Fastest Cache?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

At least, disable optimizations and caching plugins.

Giulio
    Participant

What do you suggest?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Firstly, you need to specify the redirect link as we wrote in the tutorial, including int_callback at the end.

Giulio
    Participant

Ok, now it works on the site with WoodMart (and WP Fastest Cache actived). Now we should find why it do not work on Basel 😕

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to compare configurations of Facebook apps for both Basel and WoodMart to see the difference.

Giulio
    Participant

Unfortunately I already done. There isn’t differences on Facebook and also on WordPress cache plugin. On the web site where it not works there are many plugins, but they works with WooCommerce or something similar. Nothing that should impact on login page 😕

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But if you have an error on the Facebook side, it happens because of some problem with your APP’s configuration. It doesn’t depend on plugins installed.

Giulio
    Participant

As I told you before, I solve the issue on WoodMart, but it is installed on another web site. It is not the same web site where there is Basel. Please take a look to the code. Do you see the code that should work with social login? I link to you the web site that do not work.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But we asked you to disable all cache plugins first, then we will enter your admin dashboard and check why it doesn’t work.

Giulio
    Participant

I know man and I thank you so much, but as I told you I can’t deactivate all plugins now because I have a lot of people inside the web site. And I can’t create a staging site right now. For that reason I asked you if you can take a look to the code to check if the codes for social login is there or not 🙂

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The code is not there since there are not those buttons at all. We assume that it is cached or something wrong with the configuration.

Giulio
    Participant

I’m disabling all features, but nothing change. However please keep on mind that on the other web site the social login works perfectly with all WP Fastest Cache features on. I already deleted the cache on WP Fastest Cache and also all transient options. The cache of the provider is disabled. I really do not know what I can do more.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, disable it completely and provide us your admin and FTP access. We can’t know what the problem without these steps.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Also, be sure that you update the Xtemos post types plugin in Appearance -> Install plugins.

Giulio
    Participant

Ah-a! Now it works, I had not update that plugin 😀 Yeeeee!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that it is solved 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)