Home Forums Basel support forum Social Media links

Social Media links

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

nizzar
    Participant

Thank you for being so prompt with all your help. Very glad to be working with you!

Another question…and I have tried to look for answer.

In the “Join our Newsletter” section of the main website section and in the footer of the website (under the logo), we have some social media icons (Facebook, Twitter, Mail, Pinterest, LinkedIn).
    1.) How can I configure which social media I want to/do not want to have at both of these above locations?
    For example – I would like to remove LinkedIn and add Instagram and Tumblr.
    2.) Insert links. So for example, when someone clicks on Facebook, it takes them to our facebook page. When someone clicks on Twitter icon, it takes them to our Twitter feed?

Sorry for the newb questions and many thanks for your help!

Hello,

You can configure one and the same set of icons for all the places. It is not possible to show one set in the footer and another in the header.

Set the max set and hide with CSS those you do not want to show. We shall help with CSS if you need it.

You can find the tab for Social profile in the Theme Setting.

There is a social icon element in WP Bakery chart and it allows to set either share or follow function.

Best Regards

nizzar
    Participant

Hello Elise,

Something seems to be off.
    If you visit my website, you will notice:

1.) Under the “Join our Newsletter” social grouping, we have – Facebook, Twitter, Mail, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest. When you click on Facebook and Instagram links (These two are the only ones configured right now), they take you to corresponding links. I have selected the “follow” option from the WP Bakery chart
    I would like to only show – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Mail. Hide rest of all other social options.

2.) In the Footer though, only Facebook, Twitter and Mail are appearing and when you click on them, they take you to a generic page, not the specified links.
    I would like this Footer Social section be identical to the above in every respect.

Help please.
    Thanks

nizzar
    Participant

Hello Again,

So, I was able to get the social working absolutely perfectly in the body of the website.
    Just don’t know how to do the same in the footer.
    Kindly have a look (and clicks) at the “Join our Newsletter” section – (which is working perfectly now) and in the Footer (right under the logo) which does not show the same social buttons, nor function like the above section.

Thanks!

Hello,

The icons under Newsletter are set of following icons. Almost all the social networks are followed, however, not all can share. The footer icons are for sharing. Taking into consideration, that Instagram does not share and mail does not either that is why these icons are not shown.

Best Regards

nizzar
    Participant

Hello,

1. But I am trying to configure these social networks for “follow” function, not share. So that should not be a problem.

2.) Contrary to what you are saying, the Mail icon IS showing up in the footer. Did you even visit the website to see what I am talking about?

Many thanks for your time.

Hello,

I have visited your site before writing the reply. I inspected the code and figured out the reason why the set of icons is different.

If you show the icons by means of the Social network element, you will find the option to set “Follow” or “Share” https://gyazo.com/636ee8eb1243b9a85094f02c27108eb1

If you insert the shortcode you can find the description and instruction inside the Theme Settings: https://prnt.sc/qsnuryv and https://prnt.sc/qsnuwj

Configurate your [social_buttons] shortcode. You can leave the field empty to remove the particular link. Note that there are two types of social buttons. First one is SHARE buttons [social_buttons type="share"]. It displays icons that share your page in social media. And the second one is FOLLOW buttons [social_buttons type="follow"]. Simply displays links to your social profiles. You can configure both types here.

Inset the appropriate shortcode to the Footer widget.

Best regards

nizzar
    Participant

How do I EDIT/CONFIGURE [social_buttons] shortcode as it says here?
    https://prnt.sc/qsnuwj

Hello,

There are two types of shortcodes: [social_buttons type="share"] and [social_buttons type="follow"] They are not editable.

You need to configure the share buttons in the Theme Settings (enable or disable) and follow socials are in the Theme settings to insert the link for those you want to show and leave empty for those you do not want.

Best Regards

nizzar
    Participant

Understood. Done. Thanks!

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Social Media links’ is closed to new replies.