Home Forums Space themes support forum TETHYS THEME – UPDATED NEEDED! URGENT!

TETHYS THEME – UPDATED NEEDED! URGENT!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

zenia
    Participant

Hi there, there have been many many errors on our site because of the TETHYS theme not being updated in 6 months. I request kindly that the TEHTYS theme be prioritized and updated to accommodate Elementor’s new updates AND wordpress’s new update. If this theme is not going to be prioritized, then please suggest another theme that you care more for that will emulate the same movements as TETHYS. Our website is shop.aliveandshine.com.

I would not have chosen TETHYS if I knew it was not a priority theme. But now I cannot take ANY orders at all and my shop is inoperable.

Is there a way there can be a compatibility update to make sure things work with the new WordPress update and Elementor/Elementor Pro updates? Basically, when you update Elementor (not Elementor Pro) it will have “update database” banner, but it will not update the database; it stays stuck. and then when you say “update now” it will say critical error for the website; and the website itself begins to crash. Elementor Pro updates without an issue; but the main Elementor has this error. Now there are many glitches within the site; like when someone ads something to cart, on the right side the “cart” is supposed to appear; but now it’s blank. So I can’t get any sales!

PLEASE update the TETHYS theme to fix these errors and to be compatible with the new version of Elementor and WordPress. How do we prioritize this theme?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

zenia
    Participant

Because of the lack of response I’ve had to revert my site to an old backup where I had not updated my plugins. Please let me know what to do; because for now I am scared to update my plugins again due to those errors.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Our theme didn’t get any similar reports before. All the reported bugs are fixed asap. We are also working on a new update that will be released in a few weeks.

Please, provide us with your correct admin password so we can check what is wrong with your website. https://gyazo.com/d1b063c1c99948316708764a5e52647e

Thank you in advance.

zenia
    Participant

Hi there, the password should work now. When we would update elementor or what not, the colors would change on the home page; shipping would get weird, the cart bar would be blank, the “critical error” would happen, etc. just a lot of weird glitches. Please let me know what to do. I had a few devs observe, they said it seems like the theme is running into this error. Right now I have reverted to an old backup that somewhat worked. The errors will show up when you update Elementor / Elementor Pro and WordPress. Though this error occurred before wordpress update as well. Please see the original site as a reference so you are aware of issues/glitches that occur. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you!

We tried debugging with:

ini_set(‘display_errors’,’on’);
    ini_set(‘error_reporting’, E_ALL );
    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);
    define(‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, true);

Which did solve the elementor bug, but then the cart menu on the right side would go blank (picture attached); so I had to revert it back to before the updates of Elementor, Elementor Pro, and WordPress Update. So now everything isn’t updated and it’s fresh, so that the site is operational. I have made a backup.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It seems to be a conflict between the Elementor PRO plugin and WooCommerce. We have already checked and it doesnโ€™t work also with a default Storefront WooCommerce theme. You need to contact Elementor PRO developers for help on this matter.
    Let us know if have any further questions.

Kind Regards

zenia
    Participant

Thank you for checking. I will contact them again; as I was told it was due to the theme. Regardless; due to all the data breaches lately with WooCommerce and Elementor; I think TETHYS should probably get an update since it has been 6 months. I will respond shortly once I get a response from Elementor PRO/Elementor. From what I was told last; they said the conflict was within TETHYS.

Also, I had a few devs work on the shop site and editing the theme; do you see anything within the code that could also be causing issues? That should be removed?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are working on a new update that will be released next month.

This issue can’t be caused by the code from your developers since it is already confirmed by Elementor developers.

Kind Regards

zenia
    Participant

Hello! I spoke to Elementor as you requested. It seems as though the fatal error (according to them) is on the theme’s end; but the cart issue (cart not showing up) is Elementor’s problem they are trying to fix that is affecting other sites as well. They did request that I speak to you (the theme) and state that there are definitely some issues the theme has with the new updates. Below is their reply to this issue; if you have a moment to take a look. Thank you so much!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Their message to me:

Hello Zenia,

Hope you are doing well.

Regarding the data updater, the issue seems to be caused due to the theme; as soon as I changed the theme to the default theme and tried to update the data, it worked without any issue.

I have recorded one detailed screencast for you please check: https://www.loom.com/share/5926170290194936917a3a3508d34674

Here in the support channel, we are only able to provide support to Elementor and its issues- Support Scope. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do as we do not have control of the themeโ€™s code or are aware of its features.

So further regarding the empty menu cart, this is the bug from our end with the latest Elementor version. Our developers are working on it and this will be fixed soon. As of now, the workaround is to use the Hello Elementor theme or use the Elementor’s menu cart widget.

Just a note, always open a new ticket for the new issues to avoid confusion and delayed response.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

Regards,
    Priya/Elementor

—-

Thank you so much! I love this theme; and I love XTEMOS, so I absolutely would love if this issue could be resolved. Their suggestions are to change the theme entirely; because of the cart issue; but I do want to remain loyal to this theme if I can. ๐Ÿ™‚ <3

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have fixed this issue on your website. Please, check how it works now.

Kind Regards

zenia
    Participant

Hi, it seems to be okay right now; however there’s an update with elementor; do you think I will run into an issue? Will your fixing have an effect on that? Thank you so much my friend! ๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, you a free to update it to the latest version. This bug shouldn’t appear after the update.

Kind Regards

zenia
    Participant

I updated Elementor: This error is still showing up… The side menu blank issue isn’t happening at the moment though. Which is nice. But the error is still here. What do I do? (see image)

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Do you mean that when you click the button on your screenshot you still get errors?

Kind Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)