Home Forums Basel support forum Text on mobile phones

Text on mobile phones

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Ochuko
    Participant

Good morning. I have an issue with the text on mobile phones when you look at products on the shop page. Some of the words are cut out and the attribute colours overlap some parts of the other product. I was just wondering if that could be sorted. This happens on both of my website.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch the parent theme, check the issue, if the problem remains, leave the plugins not activated and provide updated site admin access to the private area

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

I have done that, however it still overlaps on both sites. Would you like access to both sites?

Hello,

Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme leave only these ones:

CMB2
    Contact Form 7
    Mailchimp for WordPress
    Recent Posts Widget Extended
    Redux Framework
    Safe SVG
    Simple Twitter Tweets
    Slider Revolution
    WooCommerce
    WPBakery Page Builder
    XTEMOS Post Types plugin
    YITH WooCommerce Wishlist

Best Regard

Ochuko
    Participant

I have deactivated all the plugins other than the ones that are essential to the theme. I noticed that if Woocommerce isn’t activated, the products on my site will not show up. And when it was all the essential products and Woocommerce, the issue is still there on mobile. The text tends to overlap each other and some of it doesn’t fit.

Hello,

Remove your custom CSS or move it to Desktop so that it would work on the Desktop https://gyazo.com/2684168774a431c937594d5aead9c440

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

Remove which custom css? Would you please point out the custom css so that I can either remove it or put it on the desktop?

Hello,

This code should be in Custom CSS > Desktop

.basel-hover-alt.purchasable .btn-add, .basel-hover-alt.purchasable .price, .basel-hover-alt.purchasable .wrapp-swap {
        height: 32px;
        line-height: 32px;
        text-align: center;
        padding-left: 48px;
    }

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

Just to confirm, all I have to do is put that code in the custom CSS for desktop? Do I need to delete it from the global css?

Hello,

Yes, find and delete from Global and insert into Desktop field.

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

I have found it and i have deleted it from the global custom css and moved it to the desktop. However, in the “what’s new” section on the page the words “select option” is cut off on both desktop and mobile.

Attachments:

Ochuko
    Participant

Sorry the one for the desktop didn’t send. Let me try again.

Attachments:

Hello,

Please deactivate this plugin http://prntscr.com/onbmfy

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

As you can see in the screenshot, part of the word “select option” is still being cut off in the whats new section and i only have the core plugins needed.

Attachments:

Hello,

This code causes the problem, I have hidden

.basel-hover-alt.purchasable .btn-add, .basel-hover-alt.purchasable .price, .basel-hover-alt.purchasable .wrapp-swap {
        height: 32px;
        line-height: 32px;
        text-align: center;
        padding-left: 48px;
    }

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

So am I removing the code? Do I remove it from the custom css> desktop. Didn’t you tell me to remove it from the global custom css and put it in the desktop one? Please specify exactly what I need to do.

Hello,

Remove it. I thought it caused the problem on mobile only, but it breaks the layout on desktop as well

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

Good evening, I have an issue when i send the link as a text. It is meant to show the company logo, instead it shows an image on the front page. How do i sort this out because all the settings for the logo are set and none of them is the image below. The site identity is the company logo but when i send the home page link, it doesn’t show the logo when you send the link so someone.

Attachments:

Hello,

If you want to show the image use a simple image element which allows showing an image with the link or without.

If you want to show text link, use a button and configure https://prnt.sc/osf5xk

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

I do not quite understand. All i want is when i send the link as a message to some one, it appears with the logo and not an image on the homepage.

Ochuko
    Participant

I have done one and i want it to look like the first link in the image i sent. I have changed them from Text to single image and it still won’t show the logo. I have set the logo as the site identity and it still wont show up like the first link.

Attachments:

Ochuko
    Participant

I think the issue is coming from either the site identity or favicon image not working. Because when i try click add to home screen on safari, it doesn’t show the logo.

Hello,

Our theme does not have any options for that. I thought you were trying to show an image with the link on your site.

The issue does not relate to our theme we can not recommend anything.

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

The issue does relate to the theme. I don’t think you understand what I am trying to say. On the “swiftcuts.co.uk” website when I click customise the home page and click site identity, I can set the logo that will appear next to the browser. So when I send the link as a text, it shows the link and it comes up with the logo on top of the link in big. However on my other site “borntoruleonline.com” it doesn’t come up with that. Even though I have set the site identity icon as the logo. And if I go to theme settings and go to general I have set the logo. I don’t know why the logo for the borntoruleonline.com site doesn’t show up when you send it as a link to someone.

Ochuko
    Participant

It is also meant to show the logo here (see screenshot) and it doesn’t.

Attachments:

Hello,

We see that you have entered the information to jatpack in order to show both logo and text.https://prnt.sc/otd2y9 The other site does not have such information.

The logo which is set in the Header is not displayed in the link. Our theme does not have such an option.

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

Is there a way that I can sort it out so that when I send the link for “borntoruleonline.com” it looks like the other one.

Ochuko
    Participant

So that the logo appears above the link.

Hello,

Our theme does not have such options, please contact the plugin support.

Best Regards

Ochuko
    Participant

I don’t thin you understand what I mean. When I click customise (see screenshot 1) then go to site identity (screenshot 2 and 3) and upload the image and click public. The browsers don’t seem to recognise it. Because after that has been set and I send the link on an iPhone it shows an image of the logo I set as the site identity and then the website address below (see screenshot 4 using my other website as an example of what it should look like once you send the link)

Attachments:
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)