Home Forums WoodMart support forum Tidying Up the Layout

Tidying Up the Layout

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

DavidGeran
    Participant

Hi,

A couple of quick questions:

1. On the categories page I want to move the categories list from the header to the left-hand side menu so just the current category title features. Current design shows all categories in the header area e.g. https://www.youraromatherapy.co.uk/bottles-jars-caps/.

2. On the Privacy Policy page the blog page left-hand side menu appears. How can I edit this menu, and how can I set the page to not display the menu? https://www.youraromatherapy.co.uk/privacy-policy/

Many thanks for your help!

Hello,

1. Sorry to say I did not understand your concern about what you are talking about moving categories position.
    If you want to add a categories menu in the sidebar then go to Appearance > Menu add the categories widgets in the shop page widget area. If you add categories in the header Then add the “Browse Categories” button from Go to WoodMart -> Header builder ->add the “Categories” element and do changes there.

2. To edit the sidebar you need to Go to Appearance >> Widgets >> Main widget area. Or you can delete the sidebar from the page from the edit page >> Sidebar options at the bottom.

Best Regards.

DavidGeran
    Participant

Hi Aizaz,

Sorry I should have made that clearer! So my current category page looks like https://www.youraromatherapy.co.uk/essential-oil-burners/ (see on pc or laptop)… and I want to get to the attached design.

So that means removing the category page banner & large page title, moving the category list from its current position to the side panel & enlarging / repositioning the breadcrumb – see attached.

I appreciate that’s more of a design consultancy question, if you can point me in the direction of the areas I need to edit I can do the rest.

Many thanks once again for your help, the website is nearly complete!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Go to Theme Setting > Product Archive > Page title > disable the option page title.

Then go to Appearance > Widgets > Add the product categories widgets in the shop page widget area.
    https://ibb.co/TLQSHzg

Best Regards.

DavidGeran
    Participant

Awesome!

I’ve added product categories to the shop widget & removed them from the header.

How do I remove that back arrow that preceeds the category header title – marked in the attached image?

How do I include product category icon images in the widget nav – if you hover above SHOP nav option next to the shop logo at the top of the page, the drop down menu shows my categories list with their associated images.

Attachments:

Hello,

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

.wd-back-btn.wd-style-icon>a {
    	display: none !important;
    	}

If you mean the Product Categories widget, there is no option to add an icon. You can use the sticky navigation for categories or use the browse categories elements in the header builder.

Best Regards.

DavidGeran
    Participant

Thank you, it’s almost there.

I’ve added some code that replaces the word “Cart” with “Basket” for our UK audience.

However the only instance of Shopping Cart I cannot find to change is when viewed with a mobile, the slide out basket still has “Shopping Cart” at the top – can you advise how to change to “Shopping Basket”?

Attachments:

DavidGeran
    Participant

All sorted, I had to wait for the cache to clear.

Thanks for all of your help!

Hello,

You are Most Welcome.

We are glad that you managed to solve the problem yourself. You are Great!!!

Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you! You can always reach us at any time. We are always here to help you.

Have a wonderful day.

Topic Closed.
    Best Regards.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tidying Up the Layout’ is closed to new replies.