Home Forums WoodMart support forum Update from Basel theme to Woodmart

Update from Basel theme to Woodmart

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tjcham
    Participant

We want to move a site from Basel to Woodmart, but it seems that the core plugin won’t activate. Also we see in the shortcode that a Basel site seems to have a lot of specific “Basel” references. Is this going to be a big job to change the theme over to Woodmart?

Hello,

Basel and WoodMart are visually similar, however, all the functionality is different. That is why you will have to do the great jot to migrate.

I would recommend you to create a staging platform where you will install WoodMart and recreate your site there, then move your ready site to live platform.

The good news is that the Header builder would easily and quickly help to recreate the header of your site. https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/header-builder/ And if you will need any help, you are welcome to contact and we shall suggest how to configure.

Another tool that would help you to improve your site is the template library. WoodMart has the comprehensive template library which would help you to insert ready nice templates and you will be able to build your own based on them https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/templates-library/

Best Regards

adavenue
    Participant

You didn’t answer her question. The woodmart core plugin won’t activate. I have the same issue. I am already in staging with Basel, I want to migrate to Woodmont and the plugin is giving me the following error message: Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
    Fatal error: Cannot declare class OAuthConsumer, because the name is already in use in /nas/content/live/limitlessstage/wp-content/plugins/woodmart-core/vendor/opauth/twitteroauth/OAuth.php on line 12.

I can NOT do a clean install as this is an existing ecommerce site that already has products and order history for two years that I’d like to keep.

adavenue
    Participant

I resaved my permalinks and tried to activate the Woodmart Core 1.0.28 and now got a new error message:
    Fatal error: Cannot declare class OAuthSignatureMethod_HMAC_SHA1, because the name is already in use in /nas/content/live/limitlessstage/wp-content/plugins/woodmart-core/vendor/opauth/twitteroauth/OAuth.php on line 0

adavenue
    Participant

I have found the problem: conflict is between your 2 themes, precisely between “XTEMOS Post Types plugin” and “Woodmart Core”. Meaning that Xtemos needs to be deactivated first, before activating Woodmart Core. All good now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Update from Basel theme to Woodmart’ is closed to new replies.