Home Forums WoodMart support forum Upgrading to version 6

Upgrading to version 6

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

parkerdeano
    Participant

When I go to: Update the theme via Appearance -> Themes or manually.

…there is no link to update to version 6.

Where exactly do I click to upgrade this to the latest version?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Make sure that you have activated your theme with the purchase code. Read an instruction here https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/update-theme-2/
    Also, try to check for updates in Dashboard -> Updates.

Kind Regards

parkerdeano
    Participant

I have activated the theme with the purchase code, and on the theme dashboard there is still no upgrade link showing.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to go to Dashboard -> Updates and click on the “Check again” button.

parkerdeano
    Participant

I went back and the link had appeared. Thanks.

parkerdeano
    Participant

Doing a speed test now I notice the script blocking is much improved as you say.

But the LCP or for the page content to render is taking longer, resulting now in a slightly lower score on GTmetrix.

Is there a reason for this, or something else I should do?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

We see that there are still a lot of improvements to be made on your website. We recommend you install WP Rocket and combine and all JS and CSS files. Then your LCP should be increased. Also, turn off unnecessary plugins and scripts. For example, Slider revolution is not used but loads ~1MB of resources on all your website pages.

Kind Regards

parkerdeano
    Participant

I already have WP fastest cache, if this is also good enough? With combine CSS & JS enabled.

I’ve noticed some edits I made before have disappeared after upgrading this. The left arrow nexto the page titles has come back, and the sort by dropdown has sort by latest which I removed before.

Also sometimes when I go to a category page I am getting the error: “There has been a critical error on this website. Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.”

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. As we can see, CSS and JS files are not optimized well.

2. We have refactored most of our CSS code so you might need to review all the custom CSS that you wrote before.

3. Where we can see this critical error on your website?

parkerdeano
    Participant

I see you’ve got a new version to download again. How do I update to the latest version without losing changes I’ve already made to the site?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

The update process is the same as before. You can read our tutorial here https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/update-theme-2/
    Any changes made in Theme Settings or content will not be lost.

Kind Regards

parkerdeano
    Participant

Ok. Would I be correct n thinking its worth updating regularly then as we’d have to reconfigure /design everything each time.

There was only an update less than 2 weeks ago. Is it usual to have the updates this often?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is our patch update that fixes a few critical issues after our major 6.0 update. We don’t intend to release new updates every week purposely.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)