Home Forums WoodMart support forum Variable product do not show in Google product feed

Variable product do not show in Google product feed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

b.brenner
    Participant

Hello, I use the plugin WooCommerce Google Product Feed by Ademti.
    The woodmart theme has the option to show only variations on the shop page excluding the main parent product. I activated this option because to show the different product variations on the shop page is crucial for our business. And if we show all product variants on the shop page, we have to hide the parent products (so that we don’t show everything twice). Unfortunately hiding the parent products causes that there are no variable products shown in the product feed. I contacted the Ademti support for help and this is the information I got:
    “… the issue is that the Woodmart code is filtering all queries indiscriminately, and not targeting just those for the main shop pages. Specifically, the filtering they’re doing on the posts_clauses, and pre_get_posts should check $query->is_main_query() before deciding to make any changes. I’d suggest reaching out to the developer of the theme and ask them to resolve that – it should be fairly straightforward I would have thought.”
    Could you please solve this – or recommend me a Google product feed plugin that works fine with the woodmart theme and product variations.
    Best regards!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, send us your admin and FTP access so we can check it. Also, let us know how exactly can we see this problem with real product examples on your website.

Kind Regards

b.brenner
    Participant

Hello, I just got a snippet from the Ademti support which seems to fix the issue: https://gist.github.com/leewillis77/e9f9cf6c26f391314319b5195787d9e8

But please have a look. If you think the snippet is okay, I would use it. But maybe you have an even better solution.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Yes, this snippet seems to be correct and it disables our theme’s functionality in the plugin scope only.

Kind Regards

b.brenner
    Participant

Now what does that mean? Don’t need to customize your theme’s functionality in the plugins section for plugins to work as expected without using snippets in the child theme?
    Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The snippet provided by the plugin developers seems to fix the compatibility between our theme and this plugin. So you can use this snippet to make the plugin work as expected.

b.brenner
    Participant

Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Variable product do not show in Google product feed’ is closed to new replies.