Home Forums WoodMart support forum Version 7.0.4 The Version causes big bug

Version 7.0.4 The Version causes big bug

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

kamran1331
    Participant

Hello,
    under wp-content/themes/woodmart-child/woocommerce/checkout/form-checkout.php i have my code. After i Do Update Version 7.0.4 i have Error on the Page car. (All my code from this tamplate will be Copyed in DB +- i _options(option_id,option_name,option_value,autoload`) VALUES )

I am using WPLM and this Error is on the DE (main) only.
    What is enother: that is on DE Check-out and Car Page i am using PRESET. I think that is on the backgtoung somethink wath do the Error. But you can test it.

Backup from Database before Update i can Show you too.
    Hope you will find the bug.

kamran1331
    Participant

some news?

Hello,

Sorry for the delay.

As I see you use the child theme, it means the template has been customized. Most likely this customization causes the error.

Please check how it works on the parent theme, and let us know if the problem persists.

Best Regards

kamran1331
    Participant

How should I test this with Parent theme if the changes are in Child theme? What’s the point? Should I make changes in WooCommerce plugin now?

kamran1331
    Participant

You only answer once a day? And when do we get to the point that you look at this problem, it’s a bug. And it’s a good thing I didn’t do this update live.

I ask you to look at this as soon as possible. Because I need to continue to develop this website. I can’t wait forever.

Hello,

When you write a new message, your post goes to the top among the recent ones.

We process correspondence from the earliest to the most recent. That is why the delay occurred.

You can activate the central theme in the Dashboard> Appearance > Themes.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

kamran1331
    Participant

Did you get me all the data to see this error on the site. Get database and site data. And now, instead of fixing the bug, you are stalling and forcing me to test, an unnecessary thing. From the fact that right now I will switch to the main topic and there will not be this error, what’s the point? The error occurred just on the topic because my code from Woocommerce was in Child Folder.
    Please deal with the error, or explain what exactly you want me to test.

kamran1331
    Participant

So after changing the theme to main theme, of course now I don’t see my changes in checkout, but in shopping cart page the previous change that landed in database after update are still visible.
    Herewith I ask you again to look at this error a little bit more, because I can’t work any further. Such errors in the future can ruin the whole website. It must be fixed.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

As we can see from your error log, it is caused by the custom code made by you or your developer in the child theme.

Note that any customization made in the child theme is made at your own risk and you have to maintain it after each update of the theme or installed plugins. If you don’t want to face such a situation you would better never update the theme at all. Because we can’t add new features and not touch anything in the code. It is simply impossible.
    This information is stated in our documentation as well https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/setup-child-theme/

Kind Regards

kamran1331
    Participant

So you have a bug that copies the data in the database and you don’t want to fix it, but you make me not update the theme? Is this normal? The error came after the update, so the update has a bug / error that you want to fix. What is the problem?
    You have an error which is incorrectly processing the data, please fix it.
    The error comes exactly from Preset and I can’t just not make any changes, then what do I need your theme for if I can’t use the features?

kamran1331
    Participant

And wich Error log you mean? I dont see this Error in Error log.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You have a bug with the custom code you added to the child theme, right? It means that you added the code on your own risk and must maintain it. It is out of our theme support scope. You can read more in Envato support policy. https://themeforest.net/page/item_support_policy
    An error log is about the first message. It looks like a custom code, sorry.

Kind Regards

kamran1331
    Participant

I have only html code adjustments and that has no effect. The fact is that without preset this error does not happen it has something to do with preset. My code changes are only HTML changes.

So again my changes are in checkout. Your update has brought my changes into database and shows in cart page which I have not touched except to create a preset.
    You can’t just say now that it has something to do with child theme.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please send us the custom code you have in the child theme so we can take a look?

Kind Regards

kamran1331
    Participant

Yes of course, thank you very much.

kamran1331
    Participant

Again in Private the full code

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We see the problem. Your custom code is somehow on the cart page but we can’t understand why. To find the reason for this you have to perform a few tests:

1. Disable all plugins temporarily.

2. Remove the custom code from the child theme functions.php file

Please, disable plugins and then we will test how it works without code in the functions.php. We also need your FTP access.

Kind Regards

kamran1331
    Participant

But now is this code in Database, i need to make firstly rolback from Database yes? And need Version again from Woodmart 7.0.3. And than test it without plugins, i have understood you right?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We are not sure if it is in the database so no need to rollback at this moment. Keep the WoodMart 7.0.4 version.

kamran1331
    Participant

SELECT * FROM GW0Hf_options where option_value like “%php esc_attr_e( ‘Next’,%”;

PhpMyAdmin Login you have, we can delete this, and than show again in Cart Page if that is gone.

And if that is gone, the point i can give you FTP, rollback everethink and we can make it again, new one. Or? Good idea 😀 ?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean. We are not sure how you added that code so we can’t say how to delete it.
    First, we need to check where is it coming from as we already mentioned.

Kind Regards

kamran1331
    Participant

Sory I thought you have already looked at my database, here screenshots of the code what is currently in shopping cart is stored in database. I’m sure if I delete these lines from the database, the display in the shopping cart will change.
    But I don’t know why this code ended up in the database.
    I just want you to have all the information I have already found.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Tyr to simply delete this record from the database. It will not affect anything. Let me know about the result.

kamran1331
    Participant

ok, i have deleted the cart pake is not OK. show screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

kamran1331
    Participant

Sorry for my text, i want say the page is now OK. I have deleted it from Database and now in OK. But, we must find why this was in Database

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t know why it was in the database. It looked like you added it to the Custom CSS or any other field in Theme Settings.

Kind Regards

kamran1331
    Participant

ok, but that is not the case. How would you like to analyse this now?
    Should I take the version of Woodmart 7.0.3, reset my database, deactivate all plug-ins. Creating for you FTP access and you test the moment that it lands in the database after the update? Or how would you like to test it? We must fix it. You see that this Problem is not because of my code only.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Just let me know if the issue appears again. Then we will check it via FTP.

Kind Regards

kamran1331
    Participant

Ok so I should do it all and report back to them if it shows up again without other plugins? Right?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Yes, just continue working on your website and contact me if you see this custom code on the cart page again.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)