Home Forums WoodMart support forum WAVE error: Linked image missing alternative text

WAVE error: Linked image missing alternative text

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

afoukis
    Participant

I have this error “Linked image missing alternative text” and I have to fix so to provide better experience to disabled users according to wave (https://wave.webaim.org)
    Pls can you help me ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Seems that your images don’t have an alternative text in Dashboard -> Media -> Library.

https://prnt.sc/xDHKrOxpX7az

You should define it for each image that has this error and check the issue again.

In the meantime, feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Kind Regards

afoukis
    Participant

Thanks a lot !!!

There are and other alerts, can you check them?
    – 2 X Unlabeled form control with title
    <input type=”text” class=”s” placeholder=”Search for products” value=”” name=”s” aria-label=”Search” title=”Search for products”>
    – 1 X Redundant link
    – 10 X Very small text
    – 17 X Redundant title text

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to check all the alerts one by one and fix them in your Dashboard. Some of them related to small text, so you need to increase the font size. Others tell you about the title and alt tags for your image. You can change these texts in the Media library.

Kind Regards

afoukis
    Participant

I know how to change the alt text in Media library, but it is not about alt text
    I’m asking about the other errors

Pls can you explain how to fix them one by one ?
    – 2 X Unlabeled form control with title => I don’t know how to fix it
    <input type=”text” class=”s” placeholder=”Search for products” value=”” name=”s” aria-label=”Search” title=”Search for products”>

1 X Redundant link => I don’t know how to fix it

10 X Very small text => Ι have added to Custom CSS:
    .wd-tools-element.wd-design-2 .wd-tools-count, .wd-tools-element.wd-design-5 .wd-tools-count {font-size: 14px;}
    but some times shows = “9px;” and others times “14px;”. Why, is it a bug ?

– 17 X Redundant title text => I can’t fix it
    Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Our search form doesn’t have a label, only input (as you can see on your website). That is why you can’t fix the first issue.

You need to remove the compare element from the header since you don’t have a compare page configured. Or follow our documentation to setup the compare page https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/compare/

Very small text is not about numbers in the header. It finds hidden text labels there and shows this alert. You can simply ignore it.

Check your footer icons for example and correct according to the error text https://gyazo.com/591a797a36b879c94c4220d325e0fc1f

Kind Regards

afoukis
    Participant

Thanks

Last error:
    “Anchor contains no text. Repair: Add text to the a element or the title attribute of the a element or, if an image is used within the anchor, add Alt text to the image.”
    Pls can you check it?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We don’t see this notice. Could you please send us a screenshot?

Kind Regards

afoukis
    Participant

Screenshot

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This error comes from WPML because language switcher flags don’t contain any texts. They contain images.

afoukis
    Participant

Any chance you can help me fix this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You need to consult with the WPML team for help on this matter because this is not related to our theme.

Kind Regards

afoukis
    Participant

ok thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘WAVE error: Linked image missing alternative text’ is closed to new replies.