Home Forums WoodMart support forum Website slow and broken

Website slow and broken

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m reaching out to you after encountering a series of challenges while attempting to optimize my website.

Here are the details and history of my website:

Initially, my website was hosted on a Hostinger Shared server. However, I experienced slow webpage loading and broken elements. Consequently, I made the decision to migrate to a VPS server. I purchased a Vultr server located in Mumbai, India, as my website, craple.in, primarily caters to customers in India. To effect the transition, I changed the name servers and restored the backup using the Updraft plugin.

Here are the current server specifications:

Server: Vultr
    vCPU/s: 2 vCPUs
    RAM: 4096.00 MB
    Storage: 128 GB NVMe
    PHP: 7.4

Additionally, I have installed the following:

Cyberpanel
    WordPress
    Litespeed cache plugin

Despite my best efforts, which also included following your guide at https://xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021/, I’ve been unable to successfully optimize my website. There have been instances where some pages have experienced header disappearances, but a simple cache clearance and page refresh usually restores them.

From my perspective, the website appears fine when assessed on https://pagespeed.web.dev/ and gtmetrix, with the focus primarily on visibility and elements not breaking in screenshots. However, the loading speed remains sluggish.

The issue becomes more evident when I test the website on https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly and https://www.browserstack.com/responsive. In these cases, the website appears to be completely broken.

I have diligently reviewed my plugins and retained only those that are essential. I have thoroughly tested all elements and even enabled debug mode on the Litespeed cache. Additionally, I’ve disabled all features related to performance. Despite these efforts, the website still appears broken. I’m in desperate need of your assistance to resolve this issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

Hi, Thank you for the fast reply,

I tested with theme (Storefront) and the elements are still broken.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

If it doesn’t work with other themes as well then it is not something related to WoodMart. It looks like there are some problems with your server availability since Google can’t load all the resources.

Kind Regards

Alright, I changed the server, but the problem is still not resolved.

I have a few questions:

On my previous server, “Hostinger,” the PHP version was 8.2. Now that I have a self-managed server, the maximum PHP version is 8.1. Could this be the problem? Before starting the migration process, Updraft gave me a warning that the backup is from 8.2, and I am restoring it to 7.4, etc.

2. Should I go with high performance, High Frequency, Intel or AMD server, It’s confusing.

3. Also about image, Suitable image for this theme is Ubuntu (Which Version?) or Cent OS (Which Version?)

Attachments:

Alright here is an update

I destroy my old server, Install new server, install cyerpanel, install wordpress, Mobile Friendly Test with default theme, everything look fine.

I install woodmart theme, complete setup, and test website, elements broken. please check screenshots.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, keep all plugins disabled and send us your admin access for this website so we can check it too.

Kind Regards

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, it’s admin access, you can disable enable any plugin

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, keep all plugins that are not related to our theme and cache temporarily turned off on your website.

Hi,

I disabled all my plugins not related to theme including security, cache, and Yoast.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We just checked with the default theme and see that some notices are not loaded correctly too. You may not see this on the preview screenshot but you can find them in More information tab https://gyazo.com/03aa7b43490a2bb86338c4b067793daf
    You need to solve this issue first so with the default theme there wouldn’t be any resource loading errors.

Kind Regards

Ok, I got it, atleast you can suggest me, what should I check, it can be a server issue, network or something else?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It looks like a server issue but we can’t say exactly, sorry.

Finally, I got the solution

After extensive research and hard work, I’ve finally found a solution to the issue at hand.

It’s related to Google’s bot, which is struggling to load your resources and is generating JavaScript errors due to an unoptimized WordPress setup.

The key here is to optimize the .css and .js files in WordPress, not the theme itself.

Some individuals opt for plugins to minify, combine, defer, or delay options, which will optimize and cache all CSS and JS files, including those from WordPress, theme, and plugins. However, it’s important to note that this isn’t always the best approach. Instead, consider excluding specific JS or CSS files that are causing issues or disrupting your webpage elements.

In my case, I excluded the CSS and JS files folder, as the theme already provides optimization options. It’s worth mentioning that in their guide, they advise against using JS and CSS optimization personally. It’s a well-optimized theme.

If you are using the LiteSpeed Cache Plugin:

Simply go to LiteSpeed Cache > Page Optimization > Tuning. In the JS Exclude tab, enter this URL: /wp-content/themes/woodmart/js/(.*).js

Now, it’s time to exclude .css files:

Head to LiteSpeed Cache > Page Optimization > Tuning CSS. Enter these URLs:

/wp-content/themes/woodmart/(.).css
    /wp-content/plugins/elementor/(.).css

Good luck! Now you can test everything for yourself. I’ve already conducted numerous tests, including enabling and disabling plugins, changing themes, adjusting LiteSpeed Cache Plugin settings, enabling and disabling Lazy Load Mode, changing servers to OpenLiteSpeed, and trying nearly every possible solution.

However, none of them were effective. This error is originating from WordPress itself, not the server, network, theme, or plugin. I hope this information proves helpful. Thanks.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We are glad that you sorted it out! And thank you for posting your solution here.

Kind Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)