Home Forums Basel support forum White bar at top after changes

White bar at top after changes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ataub2qf
    Participant

Hi,

my client uses Basel Version: 5.7.2 with a child theme.

She reported, that sometimes the page has a white bar at the top. After clearing the cache, it is gone. But it appears later again on different pages.

We tried to reproduce it and now probably found a way: After changing a page (like a product) the white bar appears on the next page view. Sometimes this view is cached and so persistent until cleared…

It looks like the main issue is, that some css is not loaded when the bar appears. The variable basel_page_css is empty and the links like <link rel="stylesheet" id="basel-header-general-css" href="./Erstes Weihnachten Bügelbild personalisierbar für Baby Weihnachtsgnom_files/header-general.min.css" type="text/css" media="all"> are missing (but I doubt it is correct to have those .css files in the product page instead of directly in the theme or plugin… But this is probably just because it is stored locally for comparison…

I have also attached you two versions of the same page (one right, one wrong with the bar) for easier comparison.

How to fix this? Thanks!

• This topic was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by ataub2qf.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Could you kindly provide the product page with the problem, I have viewed a few products and did not catch any problems.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

ataub2qf
    Participant

You can have a look at the staging page to trigger it.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the product page – see there is no white bar at the top
    2. Go to edit product page (may need to login first)
    3. Change something about the product (eg short description, one letter is enough) and save it
    4. Open the product view page again – see there is a white bar at the top
    5. Refresh the page – the white bar is gone
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by ataub2qf.

Hello,

When I try to enter the site, I see this block and access provided does not allow to go on: https://gyazo.com/5d4efde66ab04f4ce6bb32247839de4f

Please provide the full access.

Best Regards

ataub2qf
    Participant

Yes, that is the htaccess password I share with you. Sharing it here again.

Hello,

Please make the code more complicated, the selector should have two or more classes to override the default CSS of the theme: https://monosnap.com/file/lfLjZImVifHtKrWqfOU2ReNeRwilgs

Best Regards

ataub2qf
    Participant

Thanks Elise. It looks like the white bar is gone with that change 🙂

However now the .wrapp-header seem to be displaced on the first save. See attached screenshots for comparison.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please add body before your selectors in the Custom CSS to make your selectors more complicated and override the code in the theme.

Best Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)