Home Forums Basel support forum Widgets won't open / SOS!

Widgets won't open / SOS!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

kwoodberry
    Participant

Hey there… I was having some issues with being able to ‘open’ the widgets and put in text / make edits. I disabled all plugins, and cleared cache, and still have the problem. When I try to ‘open’ a Text or a Custom HTML widget, I can’t access the text box. Can you please help me figure out how to fix my widgets?! Thank you!

On another note, I have a pagination question… When you click on page 2, page 1 loads again, and then eventually page 2 comes up. If you go back to 1, page 2 loads first, and then page 1. It’s confusing for a user, who thinks something is broken. Is there a way I can edit this? THANK YOU!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress theme like twentysixteen to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Our AJAX requests have a timeout of 5 seconds and if they don’t get a response from the server at this time the page will be loaded in a natural way. If you need, we can give you an instruction how to increase this time to 10 or 15 seconds but it is not a solution and you can try to disable this function completely.

Kind Regards
    Xtemos

kwoodberry
    Participant

OK – when I switched to twenty seventeen, the pagination worked AND the widgets were accessible. YIKES!
    Any ideas?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us your admin access so we can check it?

As for the pagination, we already answered this question

Our AJAX requests have a timeout of 5 seconds and if they don’t get a response from the server at this time the page will be loaded in a natural way. If you need, we can give you an instruction how to increase this time to 10 or 15 seconds but it is not a solution and you can try to disable this function completely.

kwoodberry
    Participant

Great. Thank you. Credentials below.
    With this done, the pagination is working fine (and the site is loading FAST) – but I still can’t access my widgets by putting in custom code! So bizarre.
    Thanks again.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We tested your website but didn’t notice any problems with widgets https://gyazo.com/b8e8ef6647d8a04a4548cecf1d86fb8b

kwoodberry
    Participant

I FOUND THE CULPRIT!
    I had added this to my functions file to make the site run faster…

function defer_parsing_of_js ( $url ) {
    if ( FALSE === strpos( $url, ‘.js’ ) ) return $url;
    if ( strpos( $url, ‘jquery.js’ ) ) return $url;
    return “$url’ defer “;
    }
    add_filter( ‘clean_url’, ‘defer_parsing_of_js’, 11, 1 );

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you sorted it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)