Home Forums Basel support forum Woocommerce Product Bundles – Variation Swatches

Woocommerce Product Bundles – Variation Swatches

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

acaro
    Participant

Hi I have installed Product Bundles a Woocommerce made plugin. I encountered a problem where the variation swatches from the Basel theme do not work when selecting the options for a product within a bundle.

Can you please help with this?

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Please contact the plugin support on this issue. We do not know the build of the plugin.

Best Regards

acaro
    Participant

Hi,

This is not a 3rd party plugin, it is made by Woocommerce and your theme is a “WooCommerce Integrated Theme” so its expected to work with all Woocommerce features. I did contact them bellow is their response. Please figure out a way to make it compatible as many other Woocommerce themes are. There are other issues too but this is a main one. Thanks.

“There is a chance that your active theme does not support custom product types, such as Product Bundles and therefore does not display variation swatches for bundled items. Most theme authors who advertise WooCommerce support are committed to fixing extension compatibility issues like this one — however, the only way to find out is to contact them directly and see if they can provide a fix/workaround..”

“Alternatively, if your theme authors can provide a technical explanation of the issue and/or are aware of a small tweak/change we can make to make Product Bundles compatible as well, we’d be happy to consider their suggestions!”

Hello,

I have misunderstood you. I thought you meant the additional plugin.

Please provide your site admin access for checking into the private area.

Best Regards

acaro
    Participant

Hi it is an additional plugin but it is made and released by Woocommerce, Product Bundles.

I have added the admin information bellow.

Thanks!

Hello,

The default Woocommerce does not have a bundle product. There is a grouped product. As I suspected your plugin is not compatible with swatches. I have checked a variable product it works properly.

Try to create a default grouped product.

Best Regards

acaro
    Participant

Hi as it has been stated several times before, Product Bundles is an official plugin released by Woocommerce (follow the URL above). It extends the Woocommerce functionality and adds features for example the ‘bundled product’. Basel as a “WooCommerce Integrated Theme” should be compatible with all Woocommerce functionality even paid features; but especially this one because it specifically extends the core e-commerce functionality. Please forward this ticket to Artem Temos.

Furthermore you are incorrect this official Woocommerce plugin is compatible with swatches; it is the Basel theme that is not compatible with bundled products. With the WP default theme ‘Twenty Seventeen’ and this FREE 3rd party Woocommerce plugin, which adds the swatches functionality, the product bundled products work perfectly. The swatches work, the variation image changes perfectly when selecting a new variation, clicking the product photo displays it in full with no errors, editing the bundle in the cart works, this ticket submitted by a different customer is not an issue, etc.. All problems when using Basel Xtemos theme. All this can be seen working properly in the site link provided bellow.

So you would like me to go with a free plugin and free WP theme to accomplish this? Please look into this further and I would really appreciate a response to this from Artem Temos, assuming he is the creator.

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please send us your admin and FTP access so we can check the problem?

Thank you

acaro
    Participant

Hi Artem Temos,

I appreciate the response I have submitted the admin info bellow.

Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see, the plugin you used for swatches is integrated with the bundle’s plugin and it is not just a compatibility issue. It is required more deep integration, especially for this plugin since it overrides standard WooCommerce functionality. Currently, we don’t have a quick way to integrate our theme with this plugin but we will consider this in the future.

acaro
    Participant

Hi,

I have included FTP access bellow as requested before, if you could please take a look one last time with all the files.

How can I disable swatches from the backend or theme, so I can achieve this using a plugin? Even better is there a way to disable swatches for specific products?

Thank you for all the help

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We already answered your question before and the FTP is no longer required.
    To disable swatches you need to go through all the attribute terms and clear our theme’s custom values for images and colors.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)