Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woocommerce translations

Woocommerce translations

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

akitsikop
    Participant

Hello team!
    I am using Woodmart as a Theme combined with Woocommerce and Locotranslate to translate the shop pages.
    Can you please point me to the right direction reagarding the following?
    I see two entries in the Locotranslate page – One says “custom” and the other says “System”. The custom one has only 1% translated and the System one is 100% translated.
    I want all Woocommerce pages to be translated but they are not. What can I do to sort the tranlation files out?
    Thank you in advance!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hung Pham
    Keymaster

Hi akitsikop,

Thanks for reaching to us.

+ In order to change / translate words. Please make sure you synced the strings first before changing / translating WooCommerce, WoodMart Core plugins and WoodMart theme. You can refer to article

https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/theme-translation/
    https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-make-woodmart-multilingual-with-wpml/

+ You are also need to select the language for the backend and theme settings for admin from the admin user profile, please edit the user’s profile and then select the language for that user it will show the same on the backend.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

akitsikop
    Participant

Thank you for your reply.
    Unfortunately this is not solving my problem.
    Do I need to manually translate everything through LocoTranslate?
    When I changed the language to Greek, everything was translated (theme and part of the woocommerce). But I need to understand why there is a system and a custom translation file and why there are more strings in the custom file which are not translated.

Please check with the credentials I put on my last email on the private section and see if this normal and what I can do to translate things automatically. thank you!

akitsikop
    Participant

To describe the issue a little bit better I am attaching some screenshots.
    The First one shows that the Log in string is not translated.
    However, in the Woocommerce system translation it is translated (2nd screenshot) but in the custom one it is not translated.(3rd screenshot).
    Can you please explain?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

akitsikop
    Participant

Οκ I found that the Login string can be changed through my Woodmart theme locotranslate file.
    Is this a good practice though? Do the theme strings (if same) override the Woocommerce strings? Please explain 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)