Home Forums WoodMart support forum WoodMart 6.0 update beta test

WoodMart 6.0 update beta test

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 145 total)
  • Author

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

I don’t understand the preset system ?
    When I click on on add new preset, doesn’t work.
    See video

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Can you explain the “White Label”?
    I’m not understanding the purpose of those options, is it to kind of removing trace of other or dummy brands and content?

+ I see we can upload logo and icons. What’s the added value compared to the favicons on WordPress > Appearance > Customizer?

+ you can probably split the White Label in 3 parts (just to be less crowded in 1 screen)
    – General
    – Dashboard
    – Appearance

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Mobile bottom navbar doesn’t show custom icons properly.

On current prod version, icons are properly sized and displayed
    but beta doesn’t show well

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

On mobile version, the header bottom layer is showing some issues.
    See video

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Issues of responsiveness described in the video below

> regression, changing screen resolution/type doesn’t react properly in responsiveness

> header content doesn’t return to proper location if switching resolution/Device

roadlink
    Participant

some icons are missing now. https://prnt.sc/10wh8lf

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

After update, a particular button (within an HTML block) has changed format altough I want to keep that particular defined format. I don’t want to waste time refixing it everywhere that I defined it in HTML Block.

Attachments:

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Same issue #276669
    When upaded 2nd beta version, it showed old version number

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Line space height is now different on footer. Why? See video

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Header disappears sometimes + footer icons wrongly oversized

Attachments:

dido76bg
    Participant

Hi!

See my console log in private. The same is in live site.
    What about the “Mobile optimizations” in page settings?

msadiq999
    Participant

Hello
    Please share beta version
    My email

we-created
    Participant

hi, please share the beta version, thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello, beta testers!

We want to say thank you for being involved in our update process. We have fixed most of the issues reported and here we send you another beta archive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QuBdBZ8rvUxsXkgmuznbsdqXSj2-D2dn/view?usp=sharing

Here are also our answers to some of your questions:

In this second beta version, it’s normal that the presets went to the bottom of the settings page now?

It seems to be a cache problem. Try to clear your browser cache and test how it works.

8. User-scalable issue is here. Reported some times ago.

This issue is not a part of our 6.0 update. We will review it for our next update.

I don’t understand the preset system ?
    When I click on on add new preset, doesn’t work.
    See video

Try to clear your browser cache and test again. Our presets system allows you to override any settings on particular website pages, product categories, tags, etc.

Can you explain the “White Label”?

You can replace all branding names “WoodMart”, “Xtemos” with your own. You can replace all related logo images either. A very useful feature for web-agencies that want to hide the information about our theme from their clients.

On mobile version, the header bottom layer is showing some issues.

It looks like the problem with your custom CSS is not compatible with the latest version.

Issues of responsiveness described in the video below

It is our experimental mobile optimization function and you can disable it in Theme Settings -> Performance. This option allows us to reduce the DOM size on mobile devices. Your customers will not see any problems with that on real devices.

some icons are missing now. https://prnt.sc/10wh8lf

Your website has some cache plugin and we see that our font icons file are still outdated. You need to clear the cache properly.

Header disappears sometimes + footer icons wrongly oversized

We are not able to reproduce the problem. Can you please provide us with some steps to reproduce this?

See my console log in private. The same is in live site.
    What about the “Mobile optimizations” in page settings?

We can’t reproduce this problem either. Are you able to create a staging website where we can see this problem?

Kind Regards

nvybvl
    Participant

My email here

roadlink
    Participant

Thanks for update. It solved some issues.

I was using this additional css to remove opacity from on hover product.

.woodmart-hover-quick .woodmart-add-btn>a {
        opacity: 1;
    }

I realize now that it doesn’t work with 6.0.
    Any suggestion?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi @nvybvl @itai @msadiq999

You can download our beta version here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QuBdBZ8rvUxsXkgmuznbsdqXSj2-D2dn/view?usp=sharing

And here its changelog

• ADDED: Elementor templates library with more than 300 ready to use elements
    • ADDED: “White label” options (screenshot)
    • ADDED: Theme options presets (screenshot)
    • ADDED: Portfolio AJAX links
    • PERFORMANCE: CSS generator now works automatically. We have splitted entire CSS and JS into files and load them only where they are needed
    • PERFORMANCE: Separate page for mobile devices option (screenshot)
    • PERFORMANCE: “AJAX Dropdowns” local storage cache
    • PERFORMANCE: Added option to load optimized “Elementor frontend” CSS file (screenshot)
    • PERFORMANCE: Added option to disable “Contact form 7” plugin CSS and JS files (screenshot)
    • PERFORMANCE: Added options to disable Elementor icons and Elementor animations CSS files (screenshot)
    • PERFORMANCE: Optimized Google fonts loading
    • PERFORMANCE: Added “System font stack” to typography select (screenshot)
    • PERFORMANCE: Added “Imagify” plugin compatibility
    • PERFORMANCE: Added options to preload “woodmart-icon.woff” and “woodmart-icon.woff2” fonts (screenshot)
    • ADDED: “Hide empty” option to product “Brands” element
    • ADDED: Option to set a number of days to keep your products marked as “New” after creation (screenshot)
    • ADDED: Translations for product attribute fields (screenshot)
    • ADDED: Option “Init carousel on scroll” for element “AJAX Products tabs” (WPBakery)
    • ADDED: Element “Navigation anchor” for better one page navigation (Elementor)
    • ADDED: Portfolio images size option to theme settings and element (screenshot)
    • ADDED: Option to select page title tag (screenshot)
    • ADDED: “Order by” to product filters element (screenshot)
    • ADDED: “noopener” and “noreferrer” parameter for “rel” attribute to social links
    • ADDED: Compatibility “Yoast SEO” custom page title with our PJAX functionality
    • ADDED: “Thumbnails image width” option to change single product gallery thumbnail images width (screenshot)
    • ADDED: Shop tools option to our “Product element” and shop tools compatibility for “Woocommerce Products” shortcode (screenshot)
    • ADDED: Option to “Logo” element for adding width and height attributes (screenshot)
    • ADDED: Option to increase AJAX variation threshold (screenshot)
    • ADDED: Instagram fake images option (screenshot)
    • ADDED: Categories to “HTML block” post type
    • ADDED: Additional theme styling for the WCFM – WooCommerce Multivendor Marketplace registration, vendor and store listing pages
    • ADDED: Additional theme styling for the Dokan dashboard, vendor and store listing pages
    • ADDED: Translations context for “On” string in blog post date meta
    • ADDED: rel=”nofollow” for links with href=”#”
    • CSS: We have removed a lot of CSS selectors and now we use CSS variables
    • CSS: Most of our CSS classes that started with “woodmart-” now start with “wd-“
    • CSS: Combined action buttons styles (burger, close and filter animated buttons replaced with font icon)
    • CSS: Combined popup styles
    • CSS: Form style classes “.form-style-rounded”, “.form-style-semi-rounded”, “form-border-width-1” removed from body tag
    • CSS: Nanoscroller library replaced with pure CSS scrollbar
    • CSS: Removed unused Photoswipe library styles
    • CSS: Removed unused Magnific popup library styles
    • CSS: Font icon HTML tag <i> changed to <span> due to the accessibility issues
    • CSS: Refactored list styles. <ul> and <ol> list icons and spacing styles now set globally and removed in specific places with html list structure (menus, pagination, widgets, etc.)
    • CSS: Refactored forms style
    • CSS: Refactored page title style
    • CSS: Refactored search form style
    • CSS: Refactored search results style
    • CSS: Refactored all header elements
    • CSS: Refactored all navigations style
    • CSS: Refactored dropdown menu style
    • CSS: Refactored off canvas sidebar
    • CSS: Refactored action button on product hovers.
    • CSS: Polyfill script for css variables IE browsers support
    • FIXED: The problem with the inability to save the number of products on the store page
    • FIXED: Deprecated jQuery functions
    • FIXED: CSS generator file path
    • FIXED: PHP error “Uncaught TypeError: implode()” in “variation-gallery-new.php”
    • FIXED: PHP error “Call to undefined function wp_body_open()”
    • FIXED: Js methods have been redesigned to run only when the user starts to interact with the element for which the script is needed
    • FIXED: Single product brand without image (screenshot)
    • FIXED: Sales label for variation product displaying as individual (screenshot)
    • FIXED: Image gallery element with masonry view in Elementor backend
    • FIXED: Incorrect header if an earlier deleted header is selected in the page settings
    • FIXED: Single product “360 view” images load only when you click on the icon
    • FIXED: WPB Google map element API key issue
    • FIXED: Inability to leave a comment for a product without selecting a rating
    • FIXED: Problem with non-initialized field Select2 in theme settings
    • FIXED: External links in “Banner” and “Menu price” elements (Elementor)
    • FIXED: “YITH Multi-Vendor” plugin sidebar compatibility issue
    • FIXED: “Product filters” element problem displaying all attributes on all category pages
    • FIXED: “Related projects” now shows projects by category of current project
    • FIXED: “Lazy loading” with WooCommerce email images
    • FIXED: “Additional variations gallery” thumbnails size not proportional
    • FIXED: Share your Wishlist issue
    • FIXED: Load WPBakery templates from frontend editor (screenshot)
    • FIXED: “WCFM Marketplace” product per view and per page filters issue (screenshot)
    • FIXED: “WCFM Marketplace” all products per page issue
    • FIXED: Instagram element PHP error
    • FIXED: Empty menu element PHP error
    • FIXED: Promo banner link double page open
    • FIXED: Header not sticky when the user did not log in
    • FIXED: Disappearance of categories from the shop page title
    • FIXED: “Scroll top on variation select” option if the variation has no image
    • FIXED: “Sticky add to cart” option with Elementor pro single product custom template
    • FIXED: “Infobox” element issue with “Open in new window” option
    • FIXED: Safari browser password manager issue
    • FIXED: Scroll to top and arrows buttons with RTL language translated site.
    • FIXED: Product navigation dropdown on mobile devices
    • FIXED: Contact Form 7 5.4 notices
    • FIXED: Notices background and color setting
    • FIXED: Gutenberg editor list block styles
    • FIXED: Quick shop label align
    • FIXED: Small accessibility Issues
    • IMPROVED: Force “Dokan” plugin pages to use Font Awesome 5 icons from “Elementor” or “WPBakery” page editors
    • IMPROVED: “WPML” language and currency switcher refactored
    • IMPROVED: “WPCS – WordPress Currency Switcher” switcher refactored
    • IMPROVED: “Load more” button now change URL to the current page on load content
    • IMPROVED: “Number of categories” option can now open and close additional categories (screenshot)
    • IMPROVED: After entering incorrectly through the side login form, you will remain on the same page and receive an error message in the side form (screenshot)
    • IMPROVED: “HTML Block” and “Woodmart slide” post type now public queryable only if the user is logged in
    • IMPROVED: “Product category next to title” option now ordering categories from parent to child
    • IMPROVED: Compatibility our Elementor elements with WPML translations
    • IMPROVED: “Reset default” button moved to a separate section
    • UPDATED: Woodmart Core plugin 1.0.28 – Added “ABSPATH” check to plugin files
    • UPDATED: Google maps API version from 3.41 to 3.44
    • UPDATED: Outdated WooCommerce template files
    • UPDATED: wpml-config.xml file
    • DEV: Added filter ‘woodmart_html_block_access’ to change access to HTML block edit page
    • DEV: Added filter ‘woodmart_product_element_query_args’
    • DEV: Added filter ‘woodmart_three_sixty_framerate’ for change framerate in “360 element”
    • DEV: Added filter ‘woodmart_get_prev_product_same_term’
    • DEV: Added filter ‘woodmart_wc_default_product_cat’ if you specify a value of “true” then the default category will not be displayed (screenshot)
    • REMOVED: “Call to action” option from menu item settings (screenshot)
    • REMOVED: Deprecated moment.js library
    • DEPRECATED: “Sticky notifications” option
    • DEPRECATED: “AJAX” source type for Instagram element

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello @roadlink,

Yes, most of our woodmart- prefixes are replaced with wd- so you need to double-check all your custom CSS. Some HTML structure might be changed a bit also.

Kind Regards

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Why not defining a minimum WordPress & PHP version?

Attachments:

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

About #277244, this is something big 😮 ! and I don’t see it in the changelog, you should add it

Frankly I’m not convinced this was necessary or if it will be welcomed by all users. Such kind of change means that I will have to review 1 by 1 every single code that I have added in my CSS, replace it and ensure it’s still working. Honestly I don’t like it because I have hundreds and hundreds of lines of Custom CSS.

I would understand that if you delete a class or replace a class by another, that’s one thing. However, renaming all classes to gain just 5 letters, I’m not convinced by that. Anyway, now it’s done but I wonder how all users will react, especially that it may lead to many more support ticket to you asking why custom css is now not working anymore (just like roadlink did 🙂 )

I have a suggestion, would you be able to add “Find and replace” in the Custom CSS (like it exist in a Word/Notepad) ? With this, you would kill this issue immediately

Jeriss Cloud Center
    Participant

Two issues raised earlier :

1) Why do I see “Elementor Performance” settings ENABLED while I do not use Elementor? Those settings should be disabled if I do not use Elementor.

2) Why do I see on mobile this < in the header bottom? This is not at all there on my current Prod version. Images a & b.

And one suggestion :

3) I see that you have done great work in this new v6 and I thank you so much. However I would suggest maybe reconsidering this idea of major releases. Why? Because it’s too much breaking, it’s breaking lots of things at once and people wouldn’t be necessarily ready to make such kind of big jump every release. That’s why WordPress and WooCommerce are now doing smaller releases, incremental changes over time (a bit in a Agile way) to avoid making too huge changes at once. Even for me who always keep everything up to date on my site, I’m a bit scared to make the update here because too many things need to be considered, adjusted, reviewed.

Attachments:

pedal
    Participant

Hello dear, I wanna try it as well.

metuza
    Participant

Here my testresults from a mostly clean install and no caching:

1. promo-banner elements has a change in title and subtitle fontsize on screen below 1200 is now so small that it is impossible to read.

2. SVG images has dissapeared from my info-box elements. Settings all ok, images is there, but they does not appear in frontend.

3. Product styles (archive pages) needs to be checked for mobile devices, icons and buttons dissapear or they are small and difficult to see. The Quick hover effects for products has the add to cart button in main theme color as before but cart-icon is missing, just a blue button.

4. Attribute swatches on single products should have some styling, atleast border around as sometimes they just looks a little messed up.

5. UL / LI elements seems to have no left margin so the circle / bullet is placed within container padding to the left, left of all other text. Also line-heigh (margin-bottom) seems a little big.

6. If UL element used within another UL element den LI elements within first UL should have a bullet and LI elements witin second UL should have a circle o.

7. The most right category in page title area opens its second child to the right on hover and outside of screen. The last or the most right category should open second child to the left to avoid this.

8. Search and account icon positioned in header no longer has a text like SEARCH | MY ACCOUNT. Only icons appear.

9. If we display child-categories together with products in archive pages and products grid has border set then there is no border on products close to category grid, left and top border is missing.

10. A little big line-height (margin-bottom) on product metas in single products.

But great job folks 🙂

Brgds
    Rune

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello @metuza,

Thank you very much for your feedback. By the way, are you able to send us a link to your staging website where we can see these issues live?

Thank you in advance.

metuza
    Participant

Yes, you can see my staging site her, see private content.

Brgds
    Rune

metuza
    Participant

Just be aware that some links on my staging site still can redirect you to my live site her, https://www.arctic-fritid.no so keep an eye with your browser addressbar 😉

metuza
    Participant

1. promo-banner elements has a change in title and subtitle fontsize on screen below 1200 is now so small that it is impossible to read. This can be seen on frontpage, the 2 promobanners on top.

2. SVG images has dissapeared from my info-box elements. Settings all ok, images is there, but they does not appear in frontend. They are all OK again after i removed IP redirect in my .htaccess.

3. Product styles (archive pages) needs to be checked for mobile devices, icons and buttons dissapear or they are small and difficult to see. The Quick hover effects for products has the add to cart button in main theme color as before but cart-icon is missing, just a blue button.
    This can be seen in my shop page at: /butikk/

4. Attribute swatches on single products should have some styling, atleast border around as sometimes they just looks a little messed up. Can be seen here: /produkt/friluftsliv/turklaer-og-fjellsko/tur-og-fjellsko/igloo-vinterstovler-30c/

5. UL / LI elements seems to have no left margin so the circle / bullet is placed within container padding to the left, left of all other text. Also line-heigh (margin-bottom) seems a little big. Se productdescription here: /produkt/videreforedling/marinader-og-urter/seilaksfarge-10g/

6. If UL element used within another UL element den LI elements within first UL should have a bullet and LI elements witin second UL should have a circle o. Same as above.

7. The most right category in page title area opens its second child to the right on hover and outside of screen. The last or the most right category should open second child to the left to avoid this. Can be seen in shop pages if hovering STANGBYGGING and one of its child.

8. Search and account icon positioned in header no longer has a text like SEARCH | MY ACCOUNT. Only icons appear.

9. If we display child-categories together with products in archive pages and products grid has border set then there is no border on products close to category grid, left and top border is missing. Can be seen here: /produktkategori/friluftsliv/

10. A little big line-height (margin-bottom) on product metas in single products.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello, Beta-testers 🙂

We greatly appreciate your time testing our new update. You help us a lot and all our team thanks you for your efforts!

Yes, our CSS classes update can be really painful if your websites have a lot of custom CSS. But without that, we are not able to move forward and optimize our theme code and performance. We had to rework and standardized our CSS classes to be able to reduce the whole style.css file. Currently, it is less by 20% but after these changes, we are able to push the optimization forward and reduce its size even more in the future.

Anyway, to avoid all these problems after the update we have a new idea that wants to discuss with you. What if we add an extra option like “Use deprecated CSS classes” that will add both new CSS classes and old ones. By doing this, all your custom CSS will continue to work without any problems. And at the same time, our optimized CSS with new classes will work as well. And then, you can revise your custom CSS and replace old CSS classes at any time in the future to turn off the outdated classes option. Obviously, all new installations will have this option turned off and never see those deprecated classes.
    We will also prepare a full list of these classes for you to simplify the update process.

Want to hear your opinion about this.

Thank you in advance.

dido76bg
    Participant

It is a good idea for those who have a lot of custom css base on old style.css but what about the loading size.
    I think that it will be better to write that in css “.woodmart” is changed with “.wdm” for example and every one (developer or designer) has to check the custom code.
    I never update a production site. Always check on staging or local.

Can you make the necessery changes so the search button on mobile to act like the one on desctop. See the link on my test site.

roadlink
    Participant

I agree with dido, we all use dev/staging site.
    we can try before launch.

Also, I just realized that I also have some issues mentioned by metuza.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘WoodMart 6.0 update beta test’ is closed to new replies.