Home Forums WoodMart support forum WoodMart 6.0 update beta test

WoodMart 6.0 update beta test

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • Author

metuza
    Participant

Another bug found. When I deactivate the header banner it only removes the banner itself and leave a empty blank space above header. Tested in several browsers and to make sure it dissapeared totally, also the empty space i had to close the banner in frontend using the closing X before i deactivated in settings. Then it also closed the empty space. Seems like a cookie issue.

metuza
    Participant

Wierd behavior for single product images. The small gallery images doe no longer have the correct height, they are streched and does not look good. Also if you select a variant product it loads the variant image in a different, more correct height.

See my staging site with the problems her:
    https://www.arctic-fritid.com/produkt/videreforedling/kaldroyking/hobbyroykeriet-normann/

And see my production site using the old woodmart here:
    https://www.arctic-fritid.no/produkt/videreforedling/kaldroyking/hobbyroykeriet-normann/

Note the different in image quality, staging site has very bad quality for thumbnails.

Brgds
    Rune

metuza
    Participant

More bugs.. If you click to enlarge the main image in single products it opens as normally in the image viewer (lightbox or whatever). In Firefox and Edge browsers everything works as normal, you can close image again with no issues. But in chrome and safari when clicking outside image or the X button you get redirected to another page, home or shop…

metuza
    Participant

Latest post, issue with photoswipe popup closure was caused by a plugin, so not an issue with Woodmart.

Brgds
    Rune

metuza
    Participant

Ok, I think i am done testing mostly everything and now after moved back all custom functions, custom CSS and activated all plugins i have only the 4 before mentioned issues left, and these are as the following:

1. When i deactivate header banner it removed the banner itself but does not remove the area where the banner was positioned above header. I can even go into header banner settings and increase / decrease the height of that area, still it is not active.

2. The list / grid view issue in product archive pages. Grid view button is missing so you you can not change back if you change view. In settings i am using “Grid / list”.

3. The missing MY ACCOUNT / USERNAME to the right of account icon in header. When checking console the text is there but deactivated by this CSS, even it is active in header settings:
    .wd-account-style-icon .wd-tools-text {
    display: none;
    }

4. Gallery images in single products looks very bad, it seems like the images does no longer have the correct height, quality is bad (compared with my live site). Also if you select a variant product it loads the variant image in a different, more correct height.

I see images is set at 100x100px which i am not using for any image settings. I am using more like 100×80 or 1000×800 and the reason for this is that you get a perfect image size to share on ie. facebook.

See my staging site with the problems her:
    https://www.arctic-fritid.com/produkt/videreforedling/kaldroyking/hobbyroykeriet-normann/

And see my production site using the old woodmart here:
    https://www.arctic-fritid.no/produkt/videreforedling/kaldroyking/hobbyroykeriet-normann/

Note the different in image quality, staging site has very bad quality for thumbnails.

Brgds
    Rune

metuza
    Participant

Just done several pagespeed test with google pagespeed and this looks very promising. I have better results +- on my staging site using v6+ than my production site using the old version.

My staging site does not use any cahcing or CDN while my production site use wp rocket and sucuri CDN. So it will be very interesting to see the result when i move my staging site content live in my production site, it looks very promising 🙂

Rune

dido76bg
    Participant

Some woocmmerce scrips are loaded in footer even if woocommerce is not installed.(woocommerceNotices.min.js and woocommerceWrappTable.min.js)

Scripts mobileSearchIcon.min.js and mobileNavigation.min.js are loaded in desctop version.

Want to be able to desabe woodmart font sitewide.

Regards

metuza
    Participant

I have tried to play with the single products image settings just to see if i could get some better or more landscape look images but the “Thumbnails image width” does not seems to work, no changes registered, thumbnail still 100×100.

Rune

dido76bg
    Participant

Changing the default page title size for single page or post is not working.
    Bug when scrolling on mobile with sticky footer on (closing X in bottom right corner).
    Please add blog pagination and mobile search full screen.

Regards

metuza
    Participant

Congratulations 🙂 I couldnt wait for the next update so i just moved in the old version image files for single products main image and thumbnails, so i got a fix for the ugly gallery images. Then i updated my live site with the v6+.

Emptied cache, transients, transient cache, optimized DB and also browser cache in my 3 test browsers. Everything was working ok except for the header banner issue, grid / list view and the contact form (using contact form 7) which sometimes does not act as a popup, it is open in page so i must refresh page to get it working ok. Had the same issue in staging site, seems like some JS does not work 100%.

Anyway, I activated WP Rocket cache and Sucuri CDN and once again emptied ALL cache before preloading it again.

Then i have found that header banner does not open/show up, the minicart icon in header does not work 100%, does not show the counter and it has wrong text color. Also contact form 7 popup is open, fully visible in page. So in total it seems like some JS and CSS is not properly loaded.

So i have to purge cache for actual pages, ie. contact page. Then banner appear and contact form is again working as a normal popup on same page. Then to make minicart icon working ok i have to add items to cart and when i empty cart again after that icon works properly.

Also i see that after emptied cache i need to preload cache using mobile to make sure the new option for reduce DOM in mobile should work, it then seems like it also reduce dom for desktop so i get 94 score with pagespeed. If i preload cache using desktop then mobile has the same higher number of doms as desktop.

Anyway, you are in the right direction and webpagetest show all green A, gtmetrix is as usual unstable and has everything between 65 to 95. Google pagespeed is up mostly 20%.

Brgds
    Rune

roadlink
    Participant

Hi @metuza,
    Contact form 7 load it’s script to all pages. I suggest to use another one.
    Also perfmatters and it’s script manager can help a lot.

I don’t use wp rocket. I have perfmatters , cloudflare and got 100 point on desktop, 95-98 points on mobile. just fyi.

metuza
    Participant

Hi @roadlink

I used perfmatters some years ago before i jumped over to wp rocket. But maybe perfmatter has been better now. I am using woocommerce on almost all pages of my shop so a script manager would not be of much help. Also I have 49 active plugins and a very heavy frontpage. With sucuri cdn and server located in netherland my site loads here (locally) in just milliseconds, very fast still the pagespeed test is not the best.

In regards to contact form 7 you can easily loads its script or even activate the plugin only when needed using a little plugin filter (mu plugin).

If you have seen my frontpage you will see it is very heavy, but still loads in MS locally.

Brgds
    Rune

roadlink
    Participant

Thanks Metuza,

“In regards to contact form 7 you can easily loads its script or even activate the plugin only when needed using a little plugin filter (mu plugin).”

That is very interesting for me. Do you mind to share more info or a source maybe?

metuza
    Participant

Yes roadlink, this is the code (mu plugin) i am using to deactivate contactform7 and 2 other related plugins on ALL pages except from my contact us (kontakt-oss) and about us (om-oss) pages as these 2 pagess uses contactform 7.

If you dont have the “mu-plugins” folder in your “wp-content” folder you have to create it, then create a file into the “mu-plugins” folder and name it ie. “plugin-filter.php” and paste the below code into that file.

Make sure to edit this line with your pages where you use contactform 7:
    $array = array( 'kontakt-oss', 'om-oss' );

<?php

// Exit if accessed directly
    if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) exit;

/**
     * Plugin Name: AFAS Plugin Filter
     * Description: Deactivate plugins on specific pages or posts.
     * Author:      Rune Kristoffersen
     * Author URI:  https://www.arctic-fritid.no
     * License:     GNU General Public License v3 or later
     * License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
     */

require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/pluggable.php');
    include_once( ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/includes/plugin.php' );

$request_uri = parse_url( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], PHP_URL_PATH );

$is_admin = strpos( $request_uri, '/wp-admin/' );

if( false === $is_admin || strpos( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], '/wp-cron.php' ) !== false ) {

add_filter( 'option_active_plugins', function( $plugins ) {

global $request_uri;
    	$url = explode( '/', $request_uri );

$array = array( 'kontakt-oss', 'om-oss' );

$plugins_not_needed = array();

if ( isset( $url[1] ) && ! in_array( $url[1], $array ) ) {
                $plugins_not_needed[] = 'cf7-conditional-fields/contact-form-7-conditional-fields.php';
                $plugins_not_needed[] = 'contact-form-7/wp-contact-form-7.php';
                $plugins_not_needed[] = 'really-simple-captcha/really-simple-captcha.php';
    	}

foreach ( $plugins_not_needed as $plugin ) {
                    $key = array_search( $plugin, $plugins );
                    if ( false !== $key ) {
                        unset( $plugins[ $key ] );
                    }
                }

return $plugins;

} );

}

I also found this link with some more information:
    https://kinsta.com/blog/disable-wordpress-plugins-loading/

Brgds
    Rune

roadlink
    Participant

Thank you.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We need a few clarifications about the issues reported.

To @metuza

1. When i deactivate header banner it removed the banner itself but does not remove the area where the banner was positioned above header. I can even go into header banner settings and increase / decrease the height of that area, still it is not active.

Could you send us your admin and FTP access because we can’t reproduce this on our side?

To @dido76bg

Bug when scrolling on mobile with sticky footer on (closing X in bottom right corner).

We don’t quite understand what do you mean here. Could you please provide us some screenshots or explanations what do you mean here?

Thank you

dido76bg
    Participant

Hi!

Here is the screenshot from my mobile.

It is not only when the sticky footer is enabled.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry, but we still can’t see any problems with the footer https://prnt.sc/114oikc

Could you please test with different mobile devices?

Kind Regards

metuza
    Participant

Hello,

In regards to the header banner issue you can test whatever you want in my stanging site. See the private section.

Brgds
    Rune

dido76bg
    Participant

I have tested it with two more devices with different OS.

The X is still there.

Try to scroll down and you will see the white field at the bottom with X in the right.

https://slodkapodunav.bgfresh.com/

metuza
    Participant

@dido76bg, i was into your site from desktop, pad and iphone and can not see any empty space / white area with an X in your footer. All looks ok.

Tried to empty your browsers cache?

Brgds
    Rune

dido76bg
    Participant

It is not an empty space.
    It is white space that shows for a while when you are scrolling down.
    Only on mobile.
    Tested with EMUI an IOS.
    Look at the captured video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg3G3EMexBc

metuza
    Participant

Yes, i can see it now in your site and also all my sites, it is this div for the search that is popping up now and then: <div class=”wd-search-full-screen wd-fill”></div>

Brgds
    Rune

dido76bg
    Participant

You are wright. It is caosed by the full screen search. When I moved to dropdown everything is OK.
    But it is a bug.

metuza
    Participant

Until a fix is in place you should be able to fix it using this custom css:

@media all and (max-width: 1025px) {
        .wd-search-full-screen {
        }
    }

dido76bg
    Participant

I have gave up to use v.6 on a production site.
    Too many bugs and I have a project to do with a deadline so I have returned to v.5.3.6.
    Version 6 is much better but I really don’t have time right now.
    I am just marking the custom code so wen I move to v.6 to be easier to migrate.
    I am using fullscreen search on mobile too. Just don’t like the menu redirection.

Hope v6 to be released soon and then I will try to implement it with an e-commerce site.

metuza
    Participant

@dido76bg, I am up and running using v6+ on my ecommerce site, waiting for 2-3 smaller issues to get fixed but has done temporary fix myself. It works very well and it is damn fast compared with the old one, locally it loads in just MS with 49 active plugins and lots of images (a heavy frontpage). https://www.arctic-fritid.no

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello all,

We have prepared a new beta archive and fixed almost all reported bugs so you can download it here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ET1w8ZBzAZUQNp2B9exd9B7XBL2CF78m/view?usp=sharing

Also our commends regarding some of the points:

@gevcen

1. Deprecated CSS classes are indeed applied now in this new version but I do not find the setting itself “Add deprecated css classes”

This option is enabled by default. We will add an ability to turn it off in the final version.

2. I think it would be good to have a setting “purge cache” (or Dev Mode?) in Performance section to give us control on what is cached in the theme, even if cache is cleared on content update. This is not blocking for the release but a nice to have for the future

It is cleared on Theme Settings “Save” action. We will consider adding an extra option for this as well.

@metuza

Wierd behavior for single product images. The small gallery images doe no longer have the correct height, they are streched and does not look good. Also if you select a variant product it loads the variant image in a different, more correct height.

We have a new option for this so you can control your product images thumbnails in Theme Settings
    https://prnt.sc/114kwfh
    IMPORTANT: You will need to regenerate all thumbnails after this change.

So then i have only 2 issues left before i can move v6+ to my live site and that is the MY ACCOUNT / USERNAME text to the right og my account icon in header. I have checked header settings and it is set to show icon and username.

You don’t have this on your staging because it lacks your custom CSS from live website https://prnt.sc/114w8el

Kind Regards

metuza
    Participant

Yes I have added a custom css in my live site to get it back as it was before v6 (my live site is also on v6). In the header settings you can set to show only icon or icon incl. username.

But this option does not work with v6 because of this CSS:

wd-account-style-icon .wd-tools-text {
    } 

So it is ofcourse an issue in v6 in which i have solved using this:

wd-account-style-icon .wd-tools-text {
    display: inline-block;
    }

But it should not be necessary to use custom css as long as there is a setting that should enable it in header.

Brgds
    Rune

dido76bg
    Participant

I will test later to see how is the new beta.

Thanks!

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘WoodMart 6.0 update beta test’ is closed to new replies.