Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woodmart not working with Matomo

Woodmart not working with Matomo

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello,

we are trying to set up Matomo for Analytics in the woodmart theme in a Server 2 Server setup. For this a php script needs to be placed on every site, see here: https://www.gaminghouse.community/en/articles-1002/matomo-server-side-tracking-131

Currently we only use the homepage – with index.php and the blog. I’ve implemented the script in the index.php and the blog-header.php site. However the site seems to crash after that, as only the cropped version of the content can be seen. After that we have used the child theme, however as there are no sites within the child theme, the only option is to put it in the parent theme files. For now we had to take it off, so the website functions properly.

Please tell us where to place the script, so it can load on every page.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not?

Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello,

I just activated the twentytwenty theme on another domain and installed Matomo Server. I placed the script in the index.php and it does not crash. It seems to working properly.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, send us your admin and FTP access from that website so we can check it. Also, clarify how to confirm that the code is working correctly so we can switch between themes and see the difference.

Kind Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello,

sure, could you please give me an email where I can send this too, as I do not want to post it online here?

So we know that it worked, as we received Visitor Logs already in Matomo, that was when we used the parent theme. We now switched to the child theme, we then installed Matomo again. And we pasted the code in the parent files again, as there are no child files available to write in.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can use the Private content field on the forum to post your sensitive content. It will be visible to our moderators only.

Kind Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello,

I do not feel comfortable posting in in the box, unless you can delete the whole post afterwards. I do not see any way that this post including the private content will be deleted afterwards. I also do not know who is a moderator and can see this.

Please confirm first that this post will be deleted after the support is completed.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Of course, we will delete the topic if you want. Alternatively, you can use the contact form on this page https://themeforest.net/user/xtemos

Kind Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello, okay I hereby send it.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, send us your admin access as well. Also, how can we verify that this code works with the default theme?

Kind Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello,

okay hereby a WordPress admin access.

The only way to verify is, to see it in Matomo directly, so when we see visit entries, then the code is placed correctly.
    I can check it in Matomo, once you’ve implemented it – because it’s a 2FA Login.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your admin URL. Also, you need to switch to the default theme so we can see the code in action. And we have to see in real-time if the code works or no.

Kind Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hi, hereby the Admin URL. What do you mean by the default theme, do you mean the parent theme?
    I activated the cookie tracking in Matomo now. So once the code works you will find 3 Matomo cookies. Then you know that it works.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

By default theme we mean WordPress Twenty Twenty Two theme for example. You need to test if the code works with other themes to understand if there is something wrong with WoodMart or not.

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello, yes that is what I already tested, see my post – so it seems to be the Woodmart theme #487311:

Hello,

I just activated the twentytwenty theme on another domain and installed Matomo Server. I placed the script in the index.php and it does not crash. It seems to working properly.

Kind regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

So can we switch to the default theme on this website to see how the code works?

Kind Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello, yes so we just made a backup with the woodmart theme. You can switch now.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

OK, now clarify where you placed the code in the default theme, and let us know how can we see that the code actually works.

Kind Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello, I pasted the script in the index.php. Though this seems not to be the original theme you took, as it looks different with some code on the top. Anyways on the screenshot you can find the cookies that are now being tracked. However the site left and right is cropped. Could you please tell us where to place the code? Also we need to switch the site online again as this is the live instance..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

But there is no such file in the default theme. Check the screenshot https://gyazo.com/49c218acd4fd5fc5939321d793267d59

Kind Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello, yes in this folder there is no index.php file so from my understanding the codes needs to be placed within here. If you think it belongs somewhere else, please tell me so I can do it. Alternatively I already gave you the code, so you can test it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

RallyRookie
    Participant

Hello, we need to put our website back live with the woodmart theme. Let me know if you have solution.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

By adding it to the index.php file you add it to your website globally. It doesn’t matter what theme is active. You can activate Woodmart theme now and the code will work in the same way it works now with the default theme.

Kind Regards

RallyRookie
    Participant

Okay, well that doesn’t really help to understand why the template crashes on the left and right side.
    Anyways please delete this whole thread.

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We don’t quite understand what you mean by “template crashes on the left and right side”. This code shouldn’t affect the template at all.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)