Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woodmart Theme can’t be translated with Loco Translate

Woodmart Theme can’t be translated with Loco Translate

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

altimod.limited
    Participant

Hello WoodMart Support Team,

I am experiencing issues with translating certain strings in WooCommerce, specifically when using the WoodMart theme in conjunction with Loco Translate. Despite following standard translation procedures, some strings, notably “Addresses” in the WooCommerce My Account section, are not being updated on the front end of my site. Below are the key details and steps I’ve already taken:

Issue Description:

Unable to translate certain WooCommerce strings, particularly “Addresses” in the My Account section.
    The problem is observed on the front end; the admin panel shows the translations correctly.
    Troubleshooting Done:

Cleared all types of caches (WordPress, browser, server).
    Ensured the .po and .mo files are updated and in the correct directory (wp-content/languages/plugins/).
    Checked for any potential conflicts by deactivating other plugins and switching to a default WordPress theme temporarily.
    Tried using WordPress hooks (gettext) to manually change the string, but the issue persists.
    Verified that the site’s language settings match the target translation language.
    Specific Questions:

Are there known compatibility issues between WoodMart and Loco Translate that could affect translating WooCommerce strings?
    Does WoodMart override WooCommerce templates in a way that could interfere with standard translation methods?
    Are there recommended best practices or alternative methods for translating WooCommerce strings while using the WoodMart theme?
    Additional Context:

Using the latest versions of WordPress, WooCommerce, WoodMart theme, and Loco Translate.
    The issue is critical as it impacts the user experience for non-English speakers on my site.
    I would greatly appreciate any guidance or solutions you could provide to resolve these translation issues.

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,

Hello,

Can you please share the WP admin login details of your site so I will check and give you the possible solution.

Best Regards.

altimod.limited
    Participant

Please check the details

Hello,

Sorry to say I have been unable to login to your site due to 403 – Forbidden. Please give the site access so i will further check and give you a possible solution.

Best Regards.

altimod.limited
    Participant

Sorry for the inconvenience. The site is live now again you can log in using the credentials above. Thanks in advance.

altimod.limited
    Participant

Thank a lot for your help and support. After the change you made it worked. Now I can translate the specific word “Addresses” . However other strings such as for example “My account” in the dashboard part can’t be translated and some other strings as well. What is the exact problem? How can I fix this issue for good? So that I never experience this problem again? Please help so that I can translate the whole site, all strings without any problem. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

All the words are available in the below links, if you will not find those words in the below links, just let me know those words:

https://altimod.az/wp-admin/admin.php?path=languages%2Floco%2Fthemes%2Fwoodmart-az.po&bundle=woodmart&domain=woodmart&page=loco-theme&action=file-edit

https://altimod.az/wp-admin/admin.php?path=languages%2Floco%2Fplugins%2Fwoocommerce-az.po&bundle=woocommerce%2Fwoocommerce.php&domain=woocommerce&page=loco-plugin&action=file-edit

Also, the word My account is the page title, you should edit the page and change the page title into your language:
    https://ibb.co/WFLzsyq

Best Regards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)