Home Forums WoodMart support forum Woodmart Theme speed

Woodmart Theme speed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

anna-0978
    Participant

Hi,
    I tried the Woodmart theme after crashing my site previously on a completely fresh installation. Measuring over GTMetrix the page size and page speed Woodmart is significantly slower and the page size way higher than the Hestia theme (both with Elementor) which I was using before.

Hestia has 66 page requests with a total page size of 633 KB while Woodmart makes 241 requests with a page size of 3.92 MB. This seems to be related to a LOT of JS requests amongst others.

The page size is almost 8x of the previous one and logically this needs to be penalized by users and search engines. How do I get this down to a reasonable value?

Best,
    Anna

Woodmart:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

The Hestia is lighter because elements and some features from WoodMart don’t work there.

Please confirm the permission for plugins deactivation, and switching to the parent/default theme. As soon as we complete the testing we will enable all back.

Looking forward to collaborating with you!

Kind Regards

anna-0978
    Participant

Hi Luke,
    yes you can delete plugins but as mentioned it’s a fresh and new activation of the Woodmart theme and barely something is activated. On Hestia I had many more plugins activated and the site speed was a lot faster. But Ok if you want to troubleshoot something. What do you need exactly?

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

For now, I just need full access to the admin panel. Please send it via the “Private area” (that is the below message area.)

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

anna-0978
    Participant

Hi Luke,
    Please see below for access.

If you could check another issue besides the speed and webpage size once you are looged in that would be great.
    Under Design->Customizer->Website Information I wanted to change the Website Icon and receive this error message:

“Warning: Undefined array key “padding_tablet” in /is/htdocs/wp1089140_6E5YFLRI6J/www/ice-bathing/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/files/css/base.php on line 776″

-> Seems Elementor related but maybe you can identify how to resolve this.

Many thanks in advance!

Best,
    Anna

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Our theme has 39 main requests which have a weight of 261kB: https://gyazo.com/c7d1131929219f997c68ddf3df4721c2 , each request takes a few kilobytes. Each request is responsible for some feature, you can filter the scripts and we can explain what is responsible for what.

In general, most scripts are loaded from plugins or from WordPress.

So when you turn on the “Hestia” theme, there are no elements, the page is almost empty, therefore it has the lover weight and requests.

Also, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images, or other resources. Please, follow our tutorial since your website speed depends on different factors and you can’t get high scores without basic things like the cache plugin.

https://xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021/

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions or concerns.

Kind Regards

anna-0978
    Participant

Our theme has 39 main requests which have a weight of 261kB: https://gyazo.com/c7d1131929219f997c68ddf3df4721c2 , each request takes a few kilobytes. Each request is responsible for some feature, you can filter the scripts and we can explain what is responsible for what.
    -> What can be saved and where?

So when you turn on the “Hestia” theme, there are no elements, the page is almost empty, therefore it has the lover weight and requests.
    -> What do you mean there are no elements? There was everything I needed including the shop, Elementor, Ultimate Member and many other plugins. It just didn’t look as pretty as the one from Woodmart.

>Also, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images, or other resources. Please, follow our tutorial since your website speed depends on different factors and you can’t get high scores without basic things like the cache plugin.
    -> The content is 100% the same as with Hestia and it had a >90% score in Google Page Speed and a site load of 600kb vs. 4 MB with Woodmart. The load seems to come from the Woodmart template.

So what is the conclusion in this case? How can the template be speeded up? I see these speed issues quite often from your users so it seems really to be related to the template. Can you indicate the scripts that cause the most load and how they can be turned off if optional?

Would look forward to the contact to some other users who have managed to optimize their Woodmart pages. It’s a lot of effort and the webpage speed is the poorest I have observed with any template I’ve tried so far.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

1. Each script is responsible for some feature, if you want to disable e.g. script related to the slider, then disable the slider.

2. We mean elements on the page that load some resources, menus, products, banners, etc.

3. I suggest you follow our optimization article for increasing better performance, do each step: https://xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021/

4. Also, seems that your server is not stable because on the default theme, we can see that site loads more than 13s and It’s not normal for the default theme. On the default theme, the page should load around 1s.

https://gyazo.com/a7a67212d7ae5342275c86ce4a487a48

So you need to check what is wrong with the server because as you see it is not something caused by our theme.

Kind Regards

anna-0978
    Participant

Where can I deactivate the slider and instead have a static image? Woodmart even prompts me to install Slider Revolution (which I have not done). Is there a way to deactivate the default slider Woodmart has?

The issue is that a lot of JS is loaded. Some can be proably disabled but I’m not a pro where and what to disable to speed up the content delivery.

Server is GoDaddy / Host Europe a pretty large company and has always provided stable results for other webpages we run. So I can exclude it is the content or the server because nothing has changed, I run the same server with the Woodmart theme instead of Hestia.

Once again see screenshots attached: Server and Content the same, only the theme switched from Hestia to Woodmart
    LCP: Hestia 1,8 s Woodmart 91 s
    FCP: Hestia 1,5s Woodmart 56 s

The result is super bad and it’s the Woodmart theme, everything else can be excluded as there is nothing there which I have installed on top. On the contrary some plugins missing even. Theme is nice but the speed is a catastrophy unfortunately.

Attachments:

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

The slider can be disabled via Theme Settings -> Other -> Turn off the “Enable custom slider” option.

https://prnt.sc/LRxOFS4Ce_wm

As I mentioned above, in the default theme the page should load around 1s, in your case it was around 13s so please contact hosting support, maybe not all settings are enabled correctly on their side.

Please, follow our tutorial since your website speed depends on different factors and you can’t get high scores without basic things like the cache plugin.

https://xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021/

Kind Regards

anna-0978
    Participant

One more question about the speed part as I’m getting slowly into it and squeezing out a couple of ms with each improvement.

I’m using the OMGF plugin to pre-load CSS files. I see 6 different style sheets (please see screenshots attached). Can you indicate which ones are needed for the theme or is there a best practice on what to pre-load? I think this could help speed up the CSS side of things.

Thanks!

Attachments:

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Judging by your screenshot, I see that there are fonts from Google, in this case, you do not need to use the plugin for disabling them. You can disable Google fonts in 2 ways:

1. Do not select them at all in Theme Settings -> Typography.

2. Use system font stack fonts: https://prnt.sc/XFMid437wjOV

Let me know if you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer them.

Kind Regards

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)