Home Forums Basel support forum WP 4.7 / PHP 7 / Theme Issues

WP 4.7 / PHP 7 / Theme Issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Further to my comment on themeforest:

We are using Kinsta hosting. I updated to WP 4.7 and unfortunately after that I could not access the admin or site, getting a HTTP500 error.

After I contacted the host (Kinsta) regarding it, this was their reply:

Hi Adam,

I see a HTTP500 error, which is usually connected to a theme or plugin related coding issue. Currently, the theme is causing the problem, here’s the log entry from the error log:

2017/01/02 07:40:21 [error] 394#0: *1565 FastCGI sent in stderr: “PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_escape_string() in /www/vinciliving_642/public/wp-content/themes/basel-child/functions.php:60
    Stack trace:
    #0 /www/vinciliving_642/public/wp-settings.php(423): include()
    #1 /www/vinciliving_642/public/wp-config.php(46): require_once(‘/www/vincilivin…’)
    #2 /www/vinciliving_642/public/wp-load.php(37): require_once(‘/www/vincilivin…’)
    #3 /www/vinciliving_642/public/wp-admin/admin.php(31): require_once(‘/www/vincilivin…’)
    #4 /www/vinciliving_642/public/wp-admin/index.php(10): require_once(‘/www/vincilivin…’)
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /www/vinciliving_642/public/wp-content/themes/basel-child/functions.php on line 60” while reading response header from upstream, client: 80.98.118.118, server: vinciliving.kinsta.com, request: “GET /wp-admin/ HTTP/1.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php7-fpm-vinciliving.sock:”, host: “vinciliving.kinsta.com”

Please check the child theme. I’ve changed the site to HHVM, it’s loading now, but I suggest to check the theme and switch the site back to PHP7. It’s more stable and secure.

Could you please advise a fix so we can switch the site back to PHP7 as suggested by the hosting company.

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our theme and contacting us.

As seen from the error log you have an error thrown from the child theme and it means that you have added some wrong code to its functions.php. In particular, we see there usage of mysql_escape_string that is deprecated and removed in PHP 7.
    So try to remove all your customization from child theme or restore original files. Our theme is fully compatible with PHP 7.

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)