Home Forums WoodMart support forum 502 Errors Since Updating Theme

502 Errors Since Updating Theme

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

WAY&FARER
    Participant

Hey there,

I recently (August 2nd) updated the Woodmart theme on my WP site. I have since been getting 502 errors right throughout the backend, in the WP admin panel.
    The errors seem to go away when the Woodmart Core Plugin is deactivated.

I had the SiteGround hosting support look into this and they seem to think the issues are caused by either the Woodmart theme or Woodmart Core plugin, as they deactivated everything one-by-one to figure it out. They’ve suggested I come to you for some help.

Site: https://www.wayandfarer.com

Can you please help me to figure out what is wrong?

Also, when I logged into Xtemos, it says that my theme is for backpackingandtravel.com – a very old site of mine, which migrated to wayandfarer.com – can this be changed and is that causing any issues?

Thanks in advance. Guy

WAY&FARER
    Participant

Hey guys,

FYI – I’m now getting 502s on the front end too. If I land on a page and it’s a 200, if I refresh, it’s often a 502 & vice versa.

Hoping for some help as I’ve been told it’s theme related.

If there’s anything that I can do on my end, please let me know as I’m pretty desperate to get this figured out.

Cheers, Guy

Hello,

We have submitted the case to our developers and we will get back to you asap.

Best Regards

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, update the theme to the latest version 7.2.5 and apply all patches in WoodMart -> Patcher. Let us know if it helps.

Kind Regards

WAY&FARER
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m already on 7.2.5 and all the patches are applied.

The site was fine until I updated it with the new theme. Now, I’m constantly getting 502s through the backend..

Looking forward to seeing what you think. Would you like my logins so your devs can take a look?

Thanks, Guy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us with your admin and FTP access. We will log in and check what is wrong there. You can leave only the following plugins that are required for our theme:
    WoodMart core
    WooCommerce
    Elementor/WPBakery page builder

Thank you in advance

WAY&FARER
    Participant

Cool, that’d be great, thanks!

I’ve disabled all plugins other than the three that you mentioned.

FTP in private section below 🙂

Thanks for your help! Guy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your admin access as well.

WAY&FARER
    Participant

See below

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Can we switch between themes on your website to see if it is theme-related problem or not?

Kind Regards

WAY&FARER
    Participant

Hey guys,

Guess what?! I’ve just received an email from SiteGround explaining that they have had server issues recently and they think my site was impacted.. They have now fixed it, I’ve tested the site and it seems to be working fine.

Very sorry for wasting your time, but I was told by their support that they thought it was Woodmart, but now their senior support has said they were wrong and it was a fault on their end..

Good news, I guess..

While I have you here, I have something else that I’m hoping you can please help with.

In the WP Admin Panel, I constantly have notices saying my version of WP Barkery is outdated. So, I’ve purchased a WP Bakery License to try and fix it, but I don’t have “persmission” to update it manually. I contacted WP Bakery support and they told me to ask you the following:

“The issue is because the design options at your end are disabled by the theme developer using the theme integration code.
    You can get in touch with the theme developer and get rid of the integration code which is used in the theme. Once done, you can then visit design options and re-save them.”

Are you please able to help me with this? Or do I need to create a new ticket?

Thanks, Guy

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

No problem, we are glad that you sorted it out.

Could you please clarify what steps should we take to reproduce the issue with the WPBakery page builder? It is not quite clear yet.

Kind Regards

WAY&FARER
    Participant

Hey guys,

Sorry for the late response, I didn’t see that you had come back to me asking for more info.

What happens is that when I log into the WP Admin panel, there’s a notice that says “Important notice: You have an outdated version of WPBakery Page Builder Design Options. It is required to review and save it.”
    – when I click “Open Design Options”, it gives a WordPress Error

I went and paid for a WP Bakery License, the problem still occurred, so I contacted WP Bakery support and they said “The issue is because the design options at your end are disabled by the theme developer using the theme integration code.
    You can get in touch with the theme developer and get rid of the integration code which is used in the theme. Once done, you can then visit design options and re-save them.”

Can you please help?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, disable all plugins that are not related to our theme and provide us with your admin access. We will log in and check what is wrong there. You can leave only the following plugins that are required for our theme:
    WoodMart core
    WooCommerce
    WPBakery page builder

Thank you in advance

WAY&FARER
    Participant

Hey there,

This is now done. I have deactivated the plugins, other than what you mentioned.
    Can you please let me know as soon as you’re done, so that I can reactivate them, or please feel free to do so yourelf.

(details in private section)

Thanks in advance. FYI – this ticket is open too:
    https://xtemos.com/forums/topic/main-navigation-drop-down-desktop-no-longer-working/#post-503064

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to do this

add_action( 'vc_settings_page_show_design_tabs', '__return_true');

WAY&FARER
    Participant

Thanks! Do you have any instructions on how I can do this?

WAY&FARER
    Participant

Figured it out.
    I added it to the very end. Please have a look at the screen shot and let me know if I have done something wrong:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

You need to add this code to your child’s theme. Read more information about how to setup a child theme in our documentation https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/setup-child-theme/

Kind Regards

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)