Home Forums WoodMart support forum Activitaing woodmart theme broke my site and payment gateway integration

Activitaing woodmart theme broke my site and payment gateway integration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Farkhanda
    Participant

I switched from flatsome theme to woodmart theme and during the activation, while the required plugins were being installed by the wizard, the site broke and woocommerce deativated. Reactivation of woocommerce was also not happening
    Switched back to Flatsome theme and its fine
    Why did the Woodmart theme activation deactivated the woocommerce plugin?
    Please help me fix and setup woodmart theme

Hello,

Please restore your site from the backup till you switched to WoodMart and provide the site admin access, insert the site credentials into the Private content below the message area so that I could help you to switch to WoodMart correctly.

Best Regards

Farkhanda
    Participant

HI
    please find the credentials in the private content area

Hello,

You need to delete the plugins related to the previous theme, then enter each page and clear the pages from this code: https://gyazo.com/2b3325ae01eae283f96e57d4385643c9 You will have to recreate all the pages content from scratch. Neither Elementor or WP bakery builder is compatible with the previous builder.

You can use WoodMart template library offering awesome blocks to upload and fill with your content: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/templates-library

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Farkhanda
    Participant

Hi
    I would like to ask if the products, shop page and checkout page also have to be built from scratch? And what about the payment plugin which didn’t come with the previous theme? The theme is also affecting that. Since this is the only plugin which is going to be used as a payment method, I cant delete it. Please help us through the stage of switching to your theme as I am scared I will break the smoothly functioning website just for theme

Hello,

Please try to consider these steps:

1. Create a staging platform with net WordPress installation;

2. Install the theme, related plugins.

3. Export the content from your existing site and import it to the staging site by means of Tools > Export/ Import. You need to clear all your pages from the code generated by the previous theme before export-import.

4 Configure the staging site, install and configure all the payment plugins and then move the staging site to the live site.

This way would allow configuring the site without stopping or damaging your live site.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)