Home Forums WoodMart support forum additional variation images

additional variation images

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

tanisbr1
    Participant

When i import my products using a CSV (using woocommerce csv import) is there a collumn I can specify that I want more than one variation image? How do I do this and how do i separate the images in the spreadsheet? OR do I have to do all of this individually for each product that has more than one variation image not using my spreadsheet.

Hello,

Product import is the Woocommerce functionality and we do not have any instruction thereon. Please contact the plugins support which you import product with or WooCommerce

Best Regards

tanisbr1
    Participant

Okay but is there a bulk way I can specify additional variation images with your theme instead of going into each product page individually to add an additional image to each variation product?

Hello,

I am afraid, there is no option. Our theme does not have anything for this purpose.

Best Regards

tanisbr1
    Participant

But you do have the ability to add an additional image for a variation, correct?

On January 2, 2019 at 8:18 pm #99560 you commented back to a support question that your theme does have this ability and that:

Our theme has the same functionality built in. http://prntscr.com/m2b5j6

Best Regards

Hello,

Yes, there is an option to add an image to a variation as well as the gallery. However, it is not added automatically.

You need to enter the product and add.

Best Regards

tanisbr1
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I love your theme. My last question on this subject though: Do you have any plans in the future to make this compatible with woocommerce so that a user does not have to go through 40k products one at a time to add a second variation photo and they can do it by uploading their CSV sheet?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This question is more related to WooCommerce Import / Export functionality. Our additional images function stores its data as post data for each variation. So if you can import custom post metadata for each variation then you are able to import these images as well.

tanisbr1
    Participant

I talked to woocommerce as you suggested and they said it is possible for me to upload variation images for your custom theme with their CSV importer. However I need some information from you for your custom theme.

What woocommerce said: since it stores the additional variation images as post_meta data as well, it may be possible to import them by changing the _wc_additional_variation_images in the CSV to whatever key is used by your custom theme (your theme authors should be able to provide the name to use).

Because the meta key for those variation images is specific to the theme you created, so I would need to have you help with that

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It is stored in post meta table with a key woodmart_variation_gallery_data.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)