Home Forums WoodMart support forum CLS performance, DOM elements

CLS performance, DOM elements

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lino.peverada
    Participant

Hi guys, I really love your theme!! It’s so cool and user friendly. I’m working on pagespeed to optimize my website. Your blog section “WordPress performance optimization. The ultimate guide in 2022” (https://xtemos.com/wordpress-performance-optimization-the-ultimate-guide-in-2021/) is well explained. I’ve installed WP Rocket, Smush PRO to compress images and CDN and added cloudflare for caching. I’ve uninstalled revolution slider because slows quite a lot our site. I’m really happy with the results (81 on mobile and 99 on desktop).
    I can still optimize CLS for mobile in order to perform a little better. I have those recommendations, but I don’t understand how to fix them. Could you help me please? (image attached)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

As we can see, the main reason for such CLS timing is the large CSS file. You need to check all your plugins and make sure that you don’t have any unnecessary CSS files loaded on the page. We can’t analyze them because they are bundled into one file at the moment with WP Rocket.

Kind Regards

lino.peverada
    Participant

ok, I’ve iterated by disactivating certain WP Rocket options. I realized “revolution slider” was automatically reactivated due to an update (I think). I deactivated it and score was better.
    Others things I’ve changed
    – OFF “Combine css files”
    – ON “Optimize CSS delivery” with the option “Remove unused CSS”.
    – ON Excluded Javascript files with this rule

/jquery-?[0-9.](.*)(.min|.slim|.slim.min)?.js
    js-(before|after)
    (?:/wp-content/|/wp-includes/)(.*)

Now my score is 93 on mobile and 100 on desktop 😊 that’s so cool

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you sorted it out. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)