Home Forums WoodMart support forum Compare page modification

Compare page modification

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

suyog
    Participant

Hi,

My code got stuck after your 7.0.0 update. I wrote some code to change the compare page table using pluggable function in child theme. But right now it is no where to be found in updated theme.

I found out that the compare template has been changed, now it is working with Ui class. I need to override that class function ‘compare_table’. Can you point me to the direction where I can make changes using child theme.

Also, if possible can you let me steps to roll back theme version temporarily.

Thank You

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In our latest update, we extended our compare functionality and changed the code structure. Unfortunately, PHP classes are not overridable in the child theme.

Kind Regards

suyog
    Participant

Hi,

I know, I can’t override class and I don’t want to override the class. I just want to override class function, to be precised Ui class function name compare compare_table in child theme. This functionality is possible when we extend that particular class. I tried that like` add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’, function() {
    class a extends Ui{

}});`

but it always gives Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Ui' not found error occurs

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

There is no way to override a PHP class with your custom code, unfortunately.

Kind Regards

suyog
    Participant

Okay if that the case can you let me know how to roll back to 6.5.5 version of your theme

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Send us your email and we will send you our previous version of the theme.

Kind Regards

suyog
    Participant

You can send that on vaibhav.softinator@gmail.com

And one more request. If Possible, in your upcoming update make compare table editable to show meta fields. Using action hook or pluggable function. (Just a suggestion)

Thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have sent you our WoodMart 6.5.4 version via email.

Kind Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)