Home Forums WoodMart support forum Couple of problems with new install

Couple of problems with new install

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author

mjwilson
    Participant

Hello –

I just bought my second copy of Woodmart, because I liked it so much!

That being said, we are having some “odd” issues, which didn’t happen on our first install.

I figured I would list them all here, rather than opening new tickets for each one.

#1 – Most of my items are “on sale”, yet that sale icon is driving me crazy! Is there any way to remove the round “SALE” icon, off each product?

#2 – Is there any way to get the “year” to show on blog posts? I am moving over a blog that I have had for 8-10 years, so “Nov 5” isn’t going to work for me! I don’t need the year showing in the “stylized” version, but if it could show in the blog post itself, that would be good, since the same dates occur every year!

#3 – There is this weird sub-footer showing up that never showed up on our other site. I am attaching two screen shots to show you. It is asking for “brand attributes” and it tells you where to set it, but you can’t get rid of it. You can choose categories, which I did to show you, but I need that whole area to disappear.

#4 – All products are showing up alphabetically on product pages. I used to have this site on Open Cart, which would show the most recently added items, on the top of the page. Which meant the older items were pushed “down” on pages. Does Woo only sort alphabetically? That would kind of defeat the purpose of showing “new” items first, to customers.

#5 – Mailchimp problems – I created a large newsletter sign up area, on the main page and I also have another sign up area in the footer. When I “sign up” on the large main form, it dumps the “acknowledgement” to the bottom of the page, in white text, which doesn’t show up. When I use the sign up in the footer, that shows up in grey text, randomly on the bottom of the page. Isn’t the acknowledgement supposed to show in a colored bar somewhere? Like how using the Contact Form works? Also, is there a way to make the email address box larger, so people can see what they are typing?

Also, both versions of the Mailchimp Sign up box, gets screwed up in mobile view.

That’s it for now!

I’ve attached photos and I will give you the login info for my site, in case you need it, since it isn’t “live” yet.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, add your second purchase code in your account section on our website so we can verify it.

1. Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings to remove this label completely

.onsale {
    	display: none!important;
    }

2. Try to edit the file content.php and change this line

'date' => false, to 'date' => 1, (two occurances)

And also use this CSS code

li.meta-date {
        font-size: 14px;
    }

3. You can edit your prefooter area content in Theme Settings -> Footer.

4. You can set your products order in Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize -> WooCommerce -> Products catalog.

5. Could you please attach a screenshot of the notice problem for this form?
    As for the aligment, try to remove this code from the form while editing it https://gyazo.com/9a11f95099c7b4f6fb6137d7c121953d

Regards

mjwilson
    Participant

Hi –

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just added the new purchase code.

For #1, #2 and #4 above, thanks, I will try that code.

For #3 – There was some code “[html_block id="258"]” in the “HTML before footer” that we didn’t put in there! How odd! I got rid of it, and that line is now gone. (This never showed on the first website we used your theme on!)

For #5 – I couldn’t give you a screen shot because the type is so faint! You can’t really even see it. That’s why I gave you login info, so you could go try it for yourself, and see what I was talking about, and also see how it is “breaking” in mobile view.

I have taken screen shots now to show how the acknowledgement shows up when using the Contact form, versus the Mailchimp sign up areas. I also show how those mailchimp forms “break” in mobile view. This will only let me upload four pics, so I will respond again, with the additional pics.

Attachments:

mjwilson
    Participant

Here are two more screenshots.

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hi,

As we said, try to remove this code from the form while editing it https://gyazo.com/9a11f95099c7b4f6fb6137d7c121953d

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings to fix this issue

body .mc4wp-notice {
        background-color: #E0B252;
    }

body .mc4wp-notice:before {
        content: "\f071";
    }

Regards

mjwilson
    Participant

Hello – Thanks for the fixes. We are trying to apply them but have an issue with the blog “dates” issue (#2 above.)

You said: Try to edit the file content.php and change this line

‘date’ => false, to ‘date’ => 1, (two occurances)

And also use this CSS code

li.meta-date {
    font-size: 14px;
    }

We did that, and it shows “some” dates, but not all of them. Seems to go “on and off”, shows one date, then skips a date, shows a date, skips a date, then shows two dates in a row and then skips two. This is happening on every page.

I am using the “chess” layout. Could that be the problem?

Thanks for any info.

mjwilson
    Participant

Update: The dates ARE showing, when you click in to a single post itself, but the dates are “spotty” when just viewing a blog page (with the multiple entries.)

I changed it to the default layout and it did the same thing.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

In this situation are you able to provide us your FTP access so we could troubleshoot it and provide you with a solution?

mjwilson
    Participant

Sure I can give you ftp access.

I think I already gave you log in info to my cpanel as well?

Info is below.

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to fix this

function woodmart_post_meta( $atts = array() ) {
    		extract(shortcode_atts(array(
    			'author'     => 1,
    			'author_ava' => 0,
    			'date'     => 1,
    			'cats'     => 0,
    			'tags'     => 0,
    			'labels'   => 0,
    			'short_labels' => false,
    			'edit'     => 1,
    			'comments' => 1,
    			'limit_cats' => 0
    		), $atts));
    		?>
    			<ul class="entry-meta-list">
    				<?php if( get_post_type() === 'post' ): ?>

<?php // Is sticky ?>

<?php if( is_sticky() ): ?>
    						<li class="meta-featured-post"><?php esc_html_e( 'Featured', 'woodmart' ) ?></li>
    					<?php endif; ?>

<?php // Author ?>
    					<?php if ($author == 1): ?>
    						<li class="meta-author">
    							<?php if ( $labels == 1 && ! $short_labels ): ?>
    								<?php esc_html_e('Posted by', 'woodmart'); ?>
    							<?php elseif($labels == 1 && $short_labels): ?>
    								<?php esc_html_e('By', 'woodmart'); ?>
    							<?php endif; ?>
    							<?php if ( $author_ava == 1 ): ?>
    								<?php echo get_avatar( get_the_author_meta( 'ID' ), 32 ); ?>
    							<?php endif; ?>
    							<a href="<?php echo esc_url( get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta( 'ID' ) ) ); ?>" rel="author"><?php echo get_the_author(); ?></a>
    						</li>
    					<?php endif ?>
    					<?php // Date ?>
    					<?php if( $date == 1): ?><li class="meta-date"><?php echo get_the_date(); ?></li><?php endif ?>
    					<?php // Categories ?>
    					<?php if(get_the_category_list( ', ' ) && $cats == 1): ?>
    						<li class="meta-categories"><?php echo get_the_category_list( ', ' ); ?></li>
    					<?php endif; ?>
    					<?php // Tags ?>
    					<?php if(get_the_tag_list( '', ', ' ) && $tags == 1): ?>
    						<li class="meta-tags"><?php echo get_the_tag_list( '', ', ' ); ?></li>
    					<?php endif; ?>
    					<?php // Comments ?>
    					<?php if( $comments && comments_open() ): ?>
    						<li><span class="meta-reply">
    							<?php 
    								$comment_link_template = '<span class="comments-count">%s</span> <span class="comments-count-label">%s</span>';
    							 ?>
    							<?php comments_popup_link( 
    								sprintf( $comment_link_template, '0', esc_html__( 'comments', 'woodmart' ) ),
    								sprintf( $comment_link_template, '1', esc_html__( 'comment', 'woodmart' ) ),
    								sprintf( $comment_link_template, '%', esc_html__( 'comments', 'woodmart' ) )
    							); ?>
    						</span></li>
    					<?php endif; ?>
    					<?php // Edit link ?>
    					<?php if( is_user_logged_in() && $edit == 1 ): ?>
    						<!--li><?php edit_post_link( esc_html__( 'Edit', 'woodmart' ), '<span class="edit-link">', '</span>' ); ?></li-->
    					<?php endif; ?>
    				<?php endif; ?>
    			</ul>
    		<?php
    	}

mjwilson
    Participant

Ok. Guess we have to create that damn child theme!

A couple of other issues, as we are finishing this website up.

#1 – A couple of blog posts are showing “related posts” on the bottom, but the others aren’t! Here are the only two posts showing “related posts”:

http://luxepurses.com/dev/bottega-veneta-intrecciato-large-hobo-in-royal/
    and
    http://luxepurses.com/dev/prada-nappa-borchie-studded-wallet/

#2 – Inside the blog posts, the Pinterest icon has gone “wonky.” It was working but sometime today, it started appearing above the line of other icons. I removed the email link, to create ore room, but that didn’t work. My husband fixed it, (in the CSS code), to make it line up with the other icons, but the stylized “P” is missing from inside the circle! Check out any blog post to see what I mean, and I will attach a screen shot.

#3 – We don’t have many bulleted lists in this website (as we did in the last) but one list does show up on a page and also in one blog post. When using the

• list function, it causes the type size to get larger, within the bullet points. You can see it happening here: http://luxepurses.com/dev/sell-your-bag/

#4 – Back to the Mailchimp issues. My husband managed to make the layout look good in the web view, but when you go to a mobile view, the formatting still goes wonky and the type and boxes do not center. Is this a big deal? Not really, but your demo sites all show the mailchimp areas formatting “correctly” in mobile view, so I don’t know why ours aren’t?

Thanks for any info.

Mj

Attachments:

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

1. We just visited these links and related posts are shown on both.

2. Our pinterest button seems to be modified by some of the installed plugins and that is why it looks incorrect.

3. Try to use this CSS code to make it smaller

.wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ul>li {
    	font-size: 15px;
    }

4. But the code we mentioned is still there. You just need to remove it to make it look like our demo.

Regards

mjwilson
    Participant

#1 – Right, related posts SHOW on those two posts, but they do NOT show on any other post! I don’t want them to show, so why are they only showing on the two posts I sent you, and nowhere else?!

#2 – How would the Pinterest button get modified by a plug in? We haven’t added any plugins recently. It just started to go wonky yesterday. At first it didn’t “line up” with the other buttons, and now it is missing the “P”.

#3 – That worked, thanks!

#4 – I DID remove that code! And the formatting is still “off.” My husband worked on the code, to get it to center on the web page, but it still doesn’t work in mobile view. This is how the code looks in the mailchimp form, where I changed it yesterday:

<p>
    <label>
    <input name=”_mc4wp_lists[]” type=”checkbox” value=”404142c4a5″ checked=”true”> <span>Luxe Purses Newsletter</span>
    </label>
    </p>
    <p>
    <label>Email address: </label>
    <input type=”email” name=”EMAIL” placeholder=”Your email address” required />
    </p>

<p>
    <input type=”submit” value=”Sign up” />
    </p>

mjwilson
    Participant

Back again:

#1 – Blog post issue – I just went and looked and “related posts” were turned on, within the theme settings. This makes the issue MORE of a problem, in that only two posts had those “related posts” showing, and no other posts did, which meant nine years of posts were missing the “related posts”! No big deal, I turned it off, because I didn’t want those to show anyway.

#2 – Pinterest button – I went and looked and I had added two new plugins this week, one to bring over blog images and one that you suggested, which we needed to “update” your theme. I deactivated both plugins, and when you “refresh” a blog post, the “normal” “P” will show for a moment, but then it resorts back to an offset “little” “P.” The other plugins that are activated have been there since the beginning. Any other ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

2. If you see that this button is changed when your page is loaded it means that it’s being replaced with some JS code that comes with some of the installed plugins or widgets.

4. But the code you sent here in the reply still has the part we asked to remove https://gyazo.com/ec0d0c613f02de5a4d317d86b81bc00e

Regards

mjwilson
    Participant

#4 – I thought I just had to remove the top line, which I did.

I guess I have to remove the bottom part too? I will try and let you know.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Just remove the first <p> tag and its content.

mjwilson
    Participant

I guess I am just not understanding this.

Am I supposed to remove ALL the info in that link you sent me? If I do, then how does the Mailchimp form know how or who to send the email addresses to, since the form shows my mailchimp account number and the “code” to identify my Mailchimp account.

This is the ONLY code in the Mailchimp area, so if I remove it, how do the sign up forms even work?

MJ

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

As we can see from your message, here is a code that you have

<p>
    <label>
    <input name=”_mc4wp_lists[]” type=”checkbox” value=”404142c4a5″ checked=”true”> <span>Luxe Purses Newsletter</span>
    </label>
    </p>
    <p>
    </p>
    ​
    <p>
    </p>

Try to leave this part only

<p>
    </p>
    ​
    <p>
    </p>

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Anyway, the form doesn’t look correct on mobile devices because of this custom CSS code https://gyazo.com/827d94e95757639cb17e0aaebb96fa99

mjwilson
    Participant

#1 – But, isn’t the following: “value=”404142c4a5″ our Mailchimp account number?

By only using the code you listed above, how does Mailchimp “know” which “account” the person is signing up for?! What you are showing is an email placeholder and a generic submit value. It doesn’t “Go” anywhere without any “defining” info in it.

#2 – Our code above is not what is breaking the sign up form in mobile view. It looked worse before we entered that code. Feel free to delete the code yourself, and then check out the mobile view. It looks terrible. Which is why I wrote you about it in the first place.

We used your Newsletter layouts for both the larger sign up box and the one in the footer and both look terrible in mobile view (before our code was added.) That’s what I originally said when I opened this ticket. In your demo sites, your mail sign up boxes DO look good in mobile view, and center correctly. In “real life” they aren’t working correctly, and the “fix” can’t be to remove all the info needed to get email addresses to our MC account.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Here is how it looks without that code https://gyazo.com/3eefe2ba05692c61ef539c52adaa9a57

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try also reorder the form’s code like this

<p>
    </p>
    ​
    <p>
    </p>

<p style="display: none;">
    <label>
    </label>
    </p>

mjwilson
    Participant

Hmm…It didn’t look that way, before we added our code, but I believe you and we will try it your way again!

I will have my husband fix this in the morning. I can’t even think straight anymore and need to go to bed (4:25 am here!)

Thanks for all the info.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sure, have a good night 🙂 If you will still have any difficulties – write us and we will check it again.

mjwilson
    Participant

Reordering the above code didn’t work at all. It now shows “words” in the form fields, and it still isn’t “centered” like your sample demos show.

Here are four screen shots.

Attachments:

mjwilson
    Participant

I also added the php code snippet, as you mentioned in #42163, above, and that didn’t work.

No dates are showing now in the blog at all.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

We have corrected the form’s code for you. Could you please check how it looks now? You will need to remove the custom CSS you added previously as well.

mjwilson
    Participant

I don’t know what you are referring to, with your answer, because this is about two separate issues, and neither of them have been “corrected.”

Issue #1 – (43663 above) – This issue is about the Mailchimp sign up boxes. You told me to “reorder” the code, which I did, and it didn’t work. I provided four screen shots above, (in 43663) to show you how it looks AFTER your “fix.” It does look like you have somehow removed the “words” that started showing up, but the forms STILL look like crap, in the mobile view AND it still isn’t “centered” in the main website view. The spot where you enter your email address, and the submit button should be CENTERED, as it shows in your demo, and not just drifting off to the side, because that looks like a mistake or that the code is broken. Do I need to send you a screen shot of how this form looks in your demo site? I also removed that code you mentioned and that didn’t help anything either.

Issue #2 – (43668 above) – This issue is about dates not showing up in the blog posts. You gave me a whole string of code, to put in the child theme, and that didn’t work at all. Before we added the child theme, we DID have blog dates showing up “sporadically” (you had me add some small code, which did then show dates “inside” the posts, but only showed sporadically on the main blog page. Now, with the child theme loaded, NO dates are showing anywhere, and we did add your long code to the css file of the child theme.

Thanks.

mjwilson
    Participant

Here are screen shots from your Minimalism theme that shows the mailchimp sign up boxes “centered”, in both the main website view, and the mobile view.

They do not look this way on my website at all.

Attachments:
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 71 total)