Home Forums WoodMart support forum Elementor Mega Menu List widget + WPML

Elementor Mega Menu List widget + WPML

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

reinwz
    Participant

Hello,

i’m using Woodmart + Elementor + WPML.
    I try to create a Mega Menu in multiple Language. I’m using the “Woodmart Elementor – Mega Menu List” Widget.
    Looks like WPML doesn’t recognize the “subtitle-links” anymore.

Everything worked well some weeks ago. It also worked after updates but doesnt works on new-HTML-Blocks and edited-HTML Blocks.

As you can see in the screenshots:
    Main-title-Link works, Sub-title-Links doesn’t show up.

is there a known issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It is a known WPML + Elementor compatibility issue that they are going to fix soon. Unfortunately, there is no solution for this yet. Try to contact WPML support for help.

Kind Regards

reinwz
    Participant

Hello again,

i contacted WPML Support.
    They are thinking about the “woodmart” elementor widget, that you should use the Standard-links function from elementor and not ur own one – see translation below:

“The problem itself would be avoidable if the Woodmart authors used the Elementor dropdown selector feature instead of entering the absolute URL. So when you type & select the URL (like in other native Elementor widgets), WPML automatically associates the URL with the translated variant and saves the user from actually translating it.”

Can you please check or tell me how i can fix this for our site?
    Or do you know when “fix soon” will be 😉

thanks

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We don’t quite understand what does it mean “dropdown selector feature instead of entering the absolute URL”. We are using Elementor standard control for the link as shown on the screenshot. Like in other native Elementor widgets. https://gyazo.com/4ad5fb7c4f66baa36fd9a215b8a38390

Kind Regards

reinwz
    Participant

Hello,

i don’t know mayself because i’m just the costumer between 2 plugin-developers and a page builder.
    just translated.

In my oppinion as customer: woodmart + WPML + Elementor should work together.
    Does Mega-Menu elementor widget by woodmart work with WPML in the newest version? We are the only one with this?
    What are my possibilities to solve this problem? If anyone would tell us what to do, we can try to solve this.

If you have any news for us or what we can try or workaround, please let me know. Thanks!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We don’t understand what should do in this case. We also already contacted the WPML team for help on this matter and they told us that they know about the compatibility problem between WPML and Elementor https://gyazo.com/0dce0034614dbad8a515bb6df81f021c

Kind Regards

reinwz
    Participant

Thanks for the info!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You are welcome! Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about this.

Kind Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)