Home Forums Basel support forum Expanding Parent Categories In Widget

Expanding Parent Categories In Widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

netbaron00
    Participant

Forgive me for asking this question, I tried to search the other posts and that almost came up with a solution.

I have the “woocommerce product categories” option active on the “shop page widget area” and the “main widget area”.

Is there a way to have only the current category the visitor is on be expanded to show the children subcategories in that area?

I located this code you provided in another solution:

.categories-accordion-on .widget_product_categories .current-cat-parent .children,
    .categories-accordion-on .widget_product_categories .current-cat .children {
        display: block!important;
    }

However this expands every category that has a child sub-category (instead of just the one that is currently being viewed)?

Thanks for any help or direction you can provide!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

As we can see, it works well for you and display subcategories of the current one https://gyazo.com/c22fdf70b36d55f541db00ad5c0b1df1
    Could you please send a screenshot of how it should work?

Regards

netbaron00
    Participant

What happens in the current state is that if a menu is broken down by (once expanded):

Main Cat
    – Sub 1
    – Sub 2

when a user clicks on Sub 1 or Sub 2 the page will reload (as it should) and that current menu primary “Main Cat” will show active by changing color, but will also fully collapse.

I would like the user to see all the options under the Main Cat, so the menu would still display as:

Main Cat
    – Sub 1
    – Sub 2

At that point the “Main Cat” would still display as active with the color change, and the sub category without collapsing down.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

But it works in the way you describe it for us https://gyazo.com/fce7003f455a3f19472cdaae46529152

netbaron00
    Participant

Each time you clicked on a category or subcategory the entire navigation collapsed.

I would like to to stay open without having to toggle. I have attached a picture, sorry for my lack of explanation.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, but it can work for the first level only. It can’t be changed with CSS.

netbaron00
    Participant

Ah – gotcha. Well thanks for the heads up. I’ll post the solution for others once I get it figured out!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, you are welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)