Home Forums WoodMart support forum Foreign Currency problem with free shipping bar

Foreign Currency problem with free shipping bar

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

t.simkina
    Participant

Hello,

there is a multicurrency setting in WooCommece (WooCommerce – Settings – Multi-currency). It activates currency switching for enabled currencies. In my case, about 4 currencies were active, also Euro. I am viewing the website from Germany. Switching happens automatically.

In Theme Settings – Shop – Free Shipping bar, there is a possibility to choose a custom value for a bonus. This custom value is supposed to have the default currency from WooCommerce settings (in my case dollar).
    Viewing the site from Germy results in the appearance of the absolute value without currency conversion. With my $199 setting, I would expect the German version about 190 euros, but the absolute number 199 shows up (199 Euro). So with Yen enabled and viewing from Japan would result in 199 Yen which is $1,33.

In my opinion, it could be a bug, could you please check? You can only reproduce this with multi-currency active and viewing from a different country.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We tried to visit your website using VPN but the currency is always the same https://monosnap.com/file/sbKRsZ9dUl3YC8Oq1M016NsIzyUOxI
    How can we reproduce this issue properly?

Kind Regards

t.simkina
    Participant

Hello Artem,
    I have deactivated the multi-currency because of the many issues it causes with the theme (mini cart is also a problem). Do you have the possibility to test somewhere else?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Could you please clarify what plugin you use for multicurrency?

t.simkina
    Participant

This is just a standard feature within WooCommerce, no plugin is necessary. I have attached a screenshot. the automatic switch was active.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

t.simkina
    Participant

By the way, may I ask if there is a possibility to add a manual currency switcher in the theme? Like it is described here for storefront theme: https://woo.com/document/woopayments/currencies/multi-currency-setup/#store-settings “If you have our Storefront theme active, you’ll see a second option: Add a currency switcher to the Storefront theme. Enabling this setting will put a small currency switcher widget in the breadcrumbs section of Storefront, or any child theme of Storefront.” If yes, I haven’t found it…

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Please, send us your admin and FTP access so we can check this issue on your website.

t.simkina
    Participant

Hello Artem,
    I have a shop which is life. I can provide you credentials from my test shop, but it is not optimal because of WooCommerce connection doubling. It is not good if you change settings there. This issue is easy to test. Could you please connect a WooCommerce account, make free shipping bar setting and visit via VPN?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to add the following PHP code snippet to the child theme functions.php file to fix this

if ( ! function_exists( 'woodmart_wcpay_convert_price_limit' ) ) {
        /**
         * Converse shipping progress bar limit.
         * @param float $limit
         * @return float
         */
        function woodmart_wcpay_convert_price_limit( $limit ) {
           if ( ! defined( 'WCPAY_VERSION_NUMBER' ) || ! class_exists( 'WCPay\MultiCurrency\MultiCurrency' ) ) {
              return $limit;
           }

$limit *= WCPay\MultiCurrency\MultiCurrency::instance()->get_selected_currency()->get_rate();

return $limit;
        }

add_action( 'woodmart_shipping_progress_bar_amount', 'woodmart_wcpay_convert_price_limit' );
    }

t.simkina
    Participant

Thank you very much, I will try this.

t.simkina
    Participant

Could you plase also answer this question above:
    “By the way, may I ask if there is a possibility to add a manual currency switcher in the theme? Like it is described here for storefront theme: https://woo.com/document/woopayments/currencies/multi-currency-setup/#store-settings “If you have our Storefront theme active, you’ll see a second option: Add a currency switcher to the Storefront theme. Enabling this setting will put a small currency switcher widget in the breadcrumbs section of Storefront, or any child theme of Storefront.” If yes, I haven’t found it…”

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

It looks like this element is available on Storefront theme only. WoodMart doesn’t have a dedicated option for this.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)