Home Forums WoodMart support forum Grouped product not taking me to item pages

Grouped product not taking me to item pages

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

kalonji1
    Participant

Hi, I have a grouped product which wont take me to the product page (variable product) when I click ‘buy now’ on the items as per the image in the private area.
    When I click the product name itself, its taking me to the item pages though, is that normal? Maybe theres a setting I dont have active?
    Thanks!

Hello,

I have test your site, you. It seems some of your third party plugins conflict with the theme or WooCommerce.

Kindly check this issue with some default theme like twenty-nineteen so it will be clear that it is the theme issue or not.

Also deactivate your third party plugins and check back you site.

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

I tested with another theme and it works, not sure why this would be? Is it possible to maybe remove the ‘add to cart’ so customers would have to click the product name to be taken to the product page instead?

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to remove that add to cart button with custom css.
    But when I try to access that page which you shared in screenshot “https://www.silkwormstore.co.uk/add-items-to-livefood-subscription/” it shows me 404 page.

And when I test your shop page now it’s working just fine and when I click on a product from grid it took me to the single product page. Also the variable products working just fine. You can check in this video: https://jmp.sh/2xQc7UQ

It seems that your problem is resolved. You just have to clear your site or browser cache.

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

Please see the product in private, you’ll notice that you cannot click ‘add item to cart’.
    Even though its a variable product which will/should take you to the product page.

Is there something I’ve not got active in the theme settings that is causing this?

Hello,

Are you using any third party plugins to display the list of products inside that page. It seems that you are using a third party plugin because from the url and from the tabs below the page it looks like single product page and within the theme there is no such option to display the list of products inside the single product page.

In case if you are using a third party plugin to display that list of product items, then it’s not a theme issue. You need to contact the plugin author.We provide our dedicated support for the theme only.

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

I’m just using the ‘product page’ widget thing within wp bakery!
    Should I display the items in a different way?

Hello,

I need to check your “Single product page Widget Area”. Kindly provide your login credentials because your prior login details are not working anymore. So I can access and help you out.

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

Ok thanks! Please see the login below,

Most Welcome,

You forget to provide password and just provided the username. Kindly share your password also in the private content.

Screenshot: https://jmp.sh/Kd2X8r2

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

Thanks, please find the password below. The password will only be valid for 2 views or 24 hours.

Most Welcome,

I have test your site as you are using the product type as grouped products and you have a list of products inside the Linked Products tab: https://jmp.sh/2ytvexw

Your add to cart link is not working. It seems some of your third party plugins conflict with the default WooCommerce theme.

Kindly deactivate all of your third party plugins and check back you site.

OR

If you want to hide the “Add to cart” button shown in the grouped products so the user can click the name of products to go to the single product page, then you can use the below CSS code in Theme Settings >> Custom CSS >> Global Custom CSS:

.woocommerce-grouped-product-list group_table .add_to_cart_button{
    display:none;
    }

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

I’ve tried the css but it doesn’t appear to have worked! Could you take a look please?

Hello,

Your problem is resolved. I used the below CSS code in Theme Settings >> Custom CSS >> Global Custom CSS:

.woocommerce-grouped-product-list .product-quantity{
    }

Result: https://jmp.sh/5CBqFGP

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

Hi there,

When you did this, it appeared to allow you to click on the product name as a link to the product, its no longer allowing it! Please see the link below.
    So there is currently no way to access the product :/

Can you please help?

Hello

I have tried to access that page without login but it is not accessible it shows 404 page. And your old credentials are not working.

Kindly provide correct login details so I can access your site and help you out.

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

Hi thanks,

Please find the login below

Hello,

I have test your site after removing my custom code. That link is not gone due to our custom code. Few days ago when I have provided you that code at that time you used linked products. But now you used the “Product page” element in Wp-Bakery section.

Before it was a product page: https://www.silkwormstore.co.uk/product/add-items-to-your-existing-subscription/

But now you used the “”Product page”” element in WordPress custom page:
    https://www.silkwormstore.co.uk/add-items-to-livefood-subscription/

Product detail page and WordPress custom page is two different things. You mixed both of them.
    Kindly deactivate all of third party plugins and then used that custom code which I have provided to you and used the same settings as before. Also when I inspect the single items. The name of the product is just a label and did not contain any link to the product details page

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

Its not a page, I gave you the wrong link. this is the product https://www.silkwormstore.co.uk/product/add-items-to-your-existing-subscription/

Also, please note that it works perfectly with the standard themes.
    It appears to be a theme conflict

kalonji1
    Participant

Also, I dont want to remove the ‘add to cart’ I want the button to work! Please help

Hello,

I have test the grouped products in my test site only the “Select Options” for variable products is not working but the product links are working.

Also the inventory quantity is working. So it is clear that our theme containing the “Add to cart” at the end of products list and it is working fine.

Video for clarification: https://jmp.sh/wmDGuI3

So the conclusion is that your third party plugins might disturb the theme functionality. Just deactivate all the third party plugins and then check.

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

Is it possible that we could make the product item name as a hyper link to the product?
    That would solve my issue as I could just remove the ‘add to cart’ part

kalonji1
    Participant

Please see my staging site, using the standard theme, you can click the ‘select options’ and it loads the page as it should.
    Deactivating themes doesnt resolve the issue, im not sure what to do

kalonji1
    Participant

I have created a staging site. deactivated every single plugin besides wwoodmarts core required plugins and it still doesnt work. Please see details in private below

Hello,

That’s what I describes you that the product name already have a link to the product details page. But in your site that link is not working. That’s why I request you to deactivate all the third party plugins and then check back.

Also you can hide the add to cart button with my provided CSS code in prior replies. You need to put in Theme Settings >> Custom CSS >> Global Custom CSS:

.woocommerce-grouped-product-list .product-quantity{
    }

That CSS code did not remove the hyperlink of product name. That hyperlink not working due to your third party plugins.

I have test your staging site. Still some party plugins activated “CMB2, Redux Framework,WooCommerce Stripe Gateway,WP Control”

Also when I create a test product named as “testing” and then create a group of products it works fine for me. You can check in the below video that the product link is working fine for me and everything working as expected.

Video for clarification: https://jmp.sh/Gs7jfxN

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

Please try creating a grouped product with items ‘33322 and 33300’

I have checked the product you have created and the bottom item which is not in your video called ‘freebies’ does not work.

I have removed the other plugins, still the same issue.
    Anything else we can try?

Hello,

I have created another variable product named as ” Variable product for testing “ with id “33595” and the link for that product which I have recently created is working fine. Check the video: https://jmp.sh/OoLyki9

So it is clear that the issue is with your product “Livefood Subscription Freebies” you might choose some wrong settings for that product because for all the other products inside the group the hyperlink is working fine.

Best Regards.

kalonji1
    Participant

I can’t find an issue with the product, why isn’t it working? Is there something I can do to get this working? I’ve tried all resources and every outlet of help says I must speak only with the theme developers on this issue 🙁

kalonji1
    Participant

Ok so I had a long conversation with woocommerce and they cannot help.
    When you change the theme, boom, the problem goes. When you remove all the plugins, the problem remains. Therefore the fault is with Woodmart.

No issue with a different theme so its a theme issue!
    Please help me to solve this.

Hello

As some variable product links exist inside the group products are not clickable. I have also tested it at my end on my test site again and finds the same issue, So, really sorry for all the inconvenience but this is the small issue in Theme, I am very thankful to you for notifying this issue to me, I am forwarding this to the development department for testing in deep and fixing it with the upcoming future updates of the Theme so till that please be patience.

Best Regards

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)