Home Forums WoodMart support forum Hierarchy-style filters

Hierarchy-style filters

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

oasisart.nl
    Participant

Hi there

I’m looking to use Woodmart on a new website, however there is 1 thing i’m struggling with before going live.

The most important functionality of the website is a hierarchy-type filter widget that configurates with the users car type. I used woodmart filters and I need to be able to first filter on the car brand, then filter on the car model, and after that the construction year.

Off course, after a user selects their car brand, only the available car models of that specific car brand should show up. Otherwise the user has to browse through thousands of random car models just to get to the right one.

However, I can’t manage to do this. What is the best way to accomplish this? With categories & subcategories, attributes or custom taxonomies? There should be a way to accomplish this fairly simple feature.

I tried it with third party software from jetengine/jetsmartfilters but that does not seems to be compatible, or is it?

Really hoping for some kind of solution for this – thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please send me access to the admin dashboard so I investigate what we can do best in this situation?

As for the jetengine/jetsmartfilters plugin, please check how it works with the default theme.

Kind Regards

oasisart.nl
    Participant

Hi Luke,

The problem is that jetsmartfilters hierarchy filters only works with taxonomies. Is it true that the product listings in woodmarts archive pages won’t work with taxonomies?

I would also be fine to do it with Woodmarts filter widget with for example regular product categories/subcategories or hierarchical attributes. However I don’t see the option anywhere, it seems like it’s only possible to show all categories/attributes in the first filter step, and then also show all the subcategories/attributes in the second step.

It has ultimately got to become exactly as the configurator on this webpage: https://bullbarshop.com/
    This webpage also uses Jetsmartfilters

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by oasisart.nl.

Luke Nielsen
    Keymaster

Hello,

You have the ability to show the hierarchy for the categories, please check the below screenshot.

https://monosnap.com/file/byrH5UYGrYfjyOfob0UlPbIFfTU47V

As for the attributes, for now, there is no way to show hierarchy, unfortunately.

Also, in general, product listings in WoodMart archive pages should work with taxonomies.

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)