Home Forums WoodMart support forum How do I remove Description & Additional Information

How do I remove Description & Additional Information

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ChairmanPromotions
    Participant

Hi, I am looking to remove the Description and Additional Information from the single product page. If I use css that was previously provided on another topic, I can successfully remove the heading Description and remove the heading Additional Information but the Womens Swing Tank text still remains. I would like to remove the entire row. Thank you

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dido76bg
    Participant

If you want to remove it from all your single products pages it is possible to be done by css or function.

If you want to remove it from a specific single product/s page it is posibble to be done only by function.

Add this in your child theme functions file:

function woo_remove_custom_product_tabs( $tabs ) {
    unset( $tabs[‘description’] );
    unset( $tabs[‘additional_information’] );
    return $tabs;
    }
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_product_tabs’, ‘woo_remove_custom_product_tabs’, 98 );

With css – just set display:none;

ChairmanPromotions
    Participant

Is it possible to add to theme css instead of the function.php file?

dido76bg
    Participant

It is better to use and add modifications in your child theme files – finctions.php and style.css.

According to me it is better to use function but if you want to do it with css code than add this to your chid theme style.css or in theme setting custom css section:

.tabs-layout-tabs .tabs li.description_tab,.tabs-layout-tabs .tabs li.additional_information_tab{display:none !important}

ChairmanPromotions
    Participant

I applied that code to the theme css to see how this works and it removed the description and additional information but the actual description remained. So thank you for that, is there a way to remove that also?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dido76bg
    Participant

Replace previous css with this one:

.tabs-layout-tabs .tabs li.description_tab,.tabs-layout-tabs .tabs li.additional_information_tab,.woodmart-tab-wrapper #tab-description,,.woodmart-tab-wrapper #tab-additional_information {display:none !important}

And one more time – it is better to use functions because you can add conditions. With css the code is still there. It is just not visible for the customer.

function woo_remove_custom_product_tabs( $tabs ) {
    unset( $tabs[‘description’] );
    unset( $tabs[‘additional_information’] );
    return $tabs;
    }
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_product_tabs’, ‘woo_remove_custom_product_tabs’, 98 );

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

If you want to remove these tabs on all the products,

Description – is the main description on the product page. If you clean the product description it would disappear.

Additional tab (with the attributes) enter each attribute in the product page and disable showing on the product page to hide.

Additional tab (Shipping information) You can clean all the fields in the Theme Settings > Product page > Tabs: https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/html-blocks-2/#shipment_delivery

If you want to hide on a certain product, please add this code to the product page:

.product-tabs-wrapper{
    display:none;
    }

Best Regards

ChairmanPromotions
    Participant

Hello. I am trying to follow up with this. For reasons I cannot explain there is no child theme for the website we are working on. I had a previous developer that I am unable to get in touch with apply code to the backend of the site that would remove both the content and the actual heading for Description and Additional Information. Having to go into each and every product to make this work is a situation that we are not able to do (over 500 products). I just want the entire section removed so that Description and Additional information does not display globally. Can you advise, I am not having much luck getting back in touch with the developer I had previously used for the correct code. Thank you for any help.

Hello,

Please add this code to the Theme Settings > Custom CSS > Global:

.product-tabs-wrapper{
    display:none;
    }

This code would remove the tabs from all the products.

Best Regards

ChairmanPromotions
    Participant

This seems to have worked perfectly. Thank you very much. Have a great day.

You are welcome! If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)