Home Forums WoodMart support forum How to properly activate a theme for testing before installing it on base site?

How to properly activate a theme for testing before installing it on base site?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

natadoshojan
    Participant

Hey!

I got the WOODMART theme for an existing and working site. Before launching it, I would like to test the theme. The documentation says that it is possible to install on a test domain, this was confirmed by support via email before purchase. But I’m not sure if I understand correctly how to activate the theme for testing and whether my case is suitable for this.

As I said, I have a working site. I also have another domain with a clone on which I test before making changes to the production site. Can the theme be activated first on it, and then on the domain of the base site? After all, these are two separate domains. Or would it be correct to make a test site through WP Staging in the main domain directory, activate the theme there, test it and then activate it on the main site? Or will the activation be sequential: first, I activate it on the test domain, check the work, then disable the test domain and connect the main one?

Apologies for the stupid question, but this is my first time dealing with installing a theme. The previous topic was posted on the site by another person. I tried to figure it out with the help of the documentation, but this point is not explained in detail there, and I am afraid to make a mistake when activating.

Thanks in advance for the help of the supports!

Hello,

Thank you very much for choosing our theme and for contacting us.

You can activate one license for two domains of one site: testing and live. A lot of site owners keep two domains to test something before integrating to the live site.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

natadoshojan
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, I still have questions. I understand that we are talking about two domains tied to one site? Or a subdomain of the main domain? In my case, the test domain is not tied to the main website, these are two separate domains and two separate sites, albeit the same. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding the expression.

Is there a more detailed activation manual for the test?

Hello,

We are talking about two different domains related to one site where one domain is the testing platform of the live site. You can activate one and the same license there.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

natadoshojan
    Participant

Ok, thanks

You are welcome! We are here to help.

Wish you a wonderful day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to properly activate a theme for testing before installing it on base site?’ is closed to new replies.