Home Forums WoodMart support forum how to remove the buy button from a specific category (urgent)

how to remove the buy button from a specific category (urgent)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

guimajor.major
    Participant

Hi I need to launch my bike shop but I just need to remove the buy button for a specific brand from the Specialized brand as I am not authorized to sell online for that brand yet. I sent a print for you to understand better, it only serves to remove the purchase button from the brand, thus leaving it visible only for the customer to view but not being able to make the purchase. Could you help me to remove or hide this buy button, through a css code or some plugin or functionality? Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi,

I saw the screenshot you attached. Sorry but there is no option in Theme Settings for that. Because the products are WooCommerce functionality and our theme doesn’t influence them.

You can try adding the following Custom CSS code in the Global Custom CSS area under Theme Settings >> Custom CSS.

.product-template-default.single.single-product.postid-49  .product-image-summary .cart {
    display: none;
    }

Note: The above CSS will hide the add to cart and quantity button from the product whose id will be “49” and it will hide it from the single product page only it will not work for the shop page.
    You can set the product id according to your needs.

Best Regards.

guimajor.major
    Participant

Hello, thank you very much for the tip, but when I put the code nothing changed, I did what you recommended, but it still continues, I understand almost nothing about programming, could you help me? I can pass my wordprees login.
    I already tried watching some videos on YT but none of them helped me, just remove the buy button for a specific brand, I saw that there is a feature to disable purchases on the site, would you be able to do this only for the specific SPECIALIZED brand?

Hello,

We are really Sorry for the earlier misunderstanding in this regard.

So, the change that you mentioned you want to achieve could be possible by using the Theme’s Layout Builder. Using the Theme’s Layout Builder under the Dashboard > Layouts > you can create a Custom Layout for Product archive or Single Product whichever you like > and in that Layout you don’t have to add Cart Form element through which the Add to Cart button along with Quantity shows > after you have made the Layout, you can save it and add the Condition on it for the specific Brand that you are mentioning.

Please see the following Video for reference to know about this: https://www.veed.io/view/b3e33bd9-0f8b-409d-b42a-41552b6cd2b8

Further, you can read more about the Layout Builder here:
    https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/woodmart-woocommerce-layout-builder/
    https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/single-product-page-builder/

Best Regards.

guimajor.major
    Participant

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly, I have one more question, how do I withdraw the purchase of this brand? Because this solution only works for the product page, but I can still “”buy” the product (in the screenshot below), I’m asking this because I still don’t have authorization to sell Specialized products online, I can only sell them physically.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

We are glad that we could be of some help 🙂

Yes, the issue on the Archive pages will appear certainly because the Products appearing there individually aren’t controlled in a manner that you can specifically hide the Add to Cart button on them and we certainly can’t think of any alternative from WooCommerce end in this regard too unfortunately.

So, the best possible way right now in this regard is to set all the Products of this specific Brand term as Draft so that they won’t show on the Site. But if you want to show just not the Add to Cart button then try setting them as Out of Stock so that instead of Add to Cart, it will show Read More on them which leads to the Single Product page. If the Products are in increasing number then you can do this by using the Bulk Edit option of WooCommerce end. So, this is the best possible way right now.

Best Regards.

guimajor.major
    Participant

So, however, wouldn’t you be able to enable catalago mode for this brand in particular?

Hello,

Sorry to say but right now the Catalog Mode is available to enable in general for all under the Dashboard > Theme Settings > Shop > Catalog mode.

Although, you can create specific Theme Settings preset under the WoodMart Theme for the Theme Settings if you want with specific conditions defined. Here is the guide to that: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/theme-settings-presets/

In this specific condition defined Preset, you can try enabling the Catalog Mode for specific Attribute. If this works out for you.

Hope this helps !

Best Regards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)