Home Forums Basel support forum Image/ Label Swatches Missing When Updating 4.6 to 4.7

Image/ Label Swatches Missing When Updating 4.6 to 4.7

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

acaro
    Participant

Hi Support,

The attribute swatches images all get removed when updating from 4.6.0 -> 4.6.1 or 4.6.0 -> 4.7.0. The attribute labels when selecting “enable swatch”, instead of drop-downs, also get removed. After reverting back from 4.7.0 or 4.6.1 back to 4.6.0 all attribute swatches appear normally again.

Only Basel theme plugins and Woocommerce are installed. Can you please see what is going on?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

As I see this is a staging site. Please create a testing attribute with three-four items and enable swatches, please set the previous theme version I will update and check

I have checked a few items from the color and do not see that swatches have been enabled.

Best Regard

acaro
    Participant

Hi Elise,

Like said above when reverting back to 4.6.0 the swatches appear again, the site has now been reverted to 4.6.0 and swatches have appeared (although I did not add any new “testing” ones they just appeared as they were added previously). If you update the theme to 4.7.0 or 4.6.1 you will see the swatches disappear and as you say “do not see that swatches have been enabled”. If you revert to 4.6.0 they will appear again.

Admin access was provided in the first ticket please give it a try.

Thanks!

Hello,

In order to test and reproduce the problem, please upload your backup where colors are swatches, provide FTP and phpmyadmin access to the private area

Best Regards

acaro
    Participant

Hi,

Admin access is bellow like requested.

Right now Basel 4.6 is installed and swatches work perfectly, if you update it to 4.6.1 or 4.7 the swatches will disappear. Reverting back to 4.6 will fix the problem.

Please let me know how to fix this with out having to redo all the swatches every update.

Thank you!

Hello,

The swatched do not work selectively: https://gyazo.com/5fd4f4e8e5c8fd6bf8e898dc4906d254

Have you customized the theme?

Best Regards

acaro
    Participant

No only the child theme was customized, the current Basel theme is the active one. When I saved one of the color attributes as a swatch label then some others also turned to labels randomly..

You are welcome to reinstall the theme or do whatever you like on the staging site to test it.

Thanks

Hello,

Please delete the parent theme and upload and install not customized. Then enable the swatches I will test. Navigate to Dashboard -> Products -> Attributes -> Color -> Configure items, enable swatch as shown http://prntscr.com/jskm29

Best Regards

acaro
    Participant

You installed version 4.7 with the admin privileges provided… So how could I possibly customize it?? As I said above I did NOT customize the parent theme. But I have installed v 4.6 once again NOT modified or customized.

The swatches now work perfectly as seen in the private link shared bellow… when you install 4.7 you will see they will not. Please do what ever necessary to the site to test.

Thanks

Also your notification emails always end up in spam so I cannot tell when you respond..

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Since 4.6.1 we have reworked our swatches functionality and fixed important performance issues. Unfortunately, that leads to the problem that you need to specify your swatches data again after the update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)