Home Forums WoodMart support forum Instagram API questions

Instagram API questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

boosterbast
    Participant

I am trying to set up the instagram API connection via Theme Settings -> General -> Instagram API. However the process described in https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/how-to-setup-instagram-api/ seems outdated.

Two questions:
    1. When settings up the instagram API. Is the connection directly to my wordpress website? Because it seems that it is going via xtemos.com? How does this work? I prefer the connection to be directly to my website and not via xtemos.

2. When connecting the via Theme Settings -> General -> Instagram API I need to enter Instagram Account ID. I have tried several things but it does not seem to work. What exactly do I have to enther here? It is not described in your manual.

Please update your manual to reflect the actual situation.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

We have removed this unnecessary field from the APP. So now it should work exactly as per our instructions in the documentation. Note that our server doesn’t store any information about your account or about your website.

Kind Regards

boosterbast
    Participant

Hi Artem,

Thanks for the reply. It still does not work. When I finish the setup dialog I get the following: Select your facebook account:
    But there is nothing too select.

With regards to storing informtion on your server? Does that mean that the API connection is directly to my website?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please, provide us with your admin access so we can log in and check this on your side.

Thank you in advance.

boosterbast
    Participant

I see on the forum that other people are having the same issue.

In my opinion the solution is not to give you admin acces. The solution should start with xtemos updating the actual instructions to the current way of working. The steps you show on your website is outdated.
    Perhaps if you delete your own instagram connection and set it up again following how it currently works on facebook/instagram it will not work with your own instagram either.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to apply the patch #553397 in Dashboard -> WoodMart -> Patcher and connect your account again. Let me know if it helps.

boosterbast
    Participant

Thanks. The patched has fixed the problem.:)

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, you are welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)