Home Forums WoodMart support forum INSTALLATION

INSTALLATION

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

pearlpepper
    Participant

Hello. For new users, it is not clear in the documentation and installation video what the difference between these two points is and what the checkbox is for.

You can:
    – write here why you need a field on the right and left, as well as a checkbox
    – write this in the documentation on the installation page (in detail) what will happen if you press each of the buttons
    – write this in more detail during installation

You force people to install the theme 2-3 times to find out what the difference is. Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

pearlpepper
    Participant

Or you can add more result images after clicking each of their buttons in the documentation.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your suggestion we are just working on documentation and we will update and add the necessary information.

The left column installs the base version that is necessary if you want to upload a demo from the right drop-down.

Best Regards

pearlpepper
    Participant

I didn’t get it. In the right column, we select the demo we want to install. Why do you need a left one? What’s the difference if left and right are loading demo content?

pearlpepper
    Participant

I understood. The left column sets the default theme and the right one sets a different theme. But it is possible to revert to the default body in the left column
    Right?

Hello,

Import Demo Content
    As soon as the theme has been installed with the required plugins, the Dashboard gets Theme Settings and Woodmart tabs. The Theme Settings Tab provides all the options to configure the site as per the business needs.

WoodMart tab contains:

Base Import – opportunity to upload the full demo as it is;

Additional pages – opportunity to upload certain pages design from demos;

Header builder – special building tool allowing to create and configure the Header with a various set of elements;

Theme license – the tab for license activation;

CSS generator – CSS optimization tool;

To upload the full demo, navigate to Base Import and upload Basic or full import. This is a compulsory step for demo uploading. You will find the right block with “Activate Base Version” Pressing the button will upload the Base version which is provided HERE

After installation of the Base Version, the left block with Demo versions drop-down becomes available. Choose the Demo from the drop-down and press the button “Set up version”

Have you seeded this part of the manual? This instruction is attached with the image: https://xtemos.com/wp-content/uploads/screenshots/woodmart/import.gif

Please describe the steps you have problems at, give the details how to reproduce?

Best Regards

pearlpepper
    Participant

I read your documentation and there is very little detailed information in it and it is not clear why a column is needed on the left and on the right. As I wrote above, you should think about how to write in more detail and give more images of the results if you click the button on the right or left.

P.S. While I was waiting for an answer, I understood what the difference was, but please do it for other users so that they can do a quick installation.

P.P.S. The GIF you gave I saw in your documentation too, but it’s very short. It is necessary to show how the user installs one demo version, and then another. You can see the installation of only one demo page on your GIF. You can make it 5 seconds longer and then users will understand the difference.

pearlpepper
    Participant

Also I have another question and want to write it here so as not to create a new topic. I read that you recently made a custom slider for your theme. Do I understand correctly that after installing the demo data, all the data is already in your slider? Because I see Slider Revolution has no slides. Did I get it right? Why then do you keep giving it along with your topic if it is slow and irrelevant?

Hello,

Please describe your actions step by step how you install, which demo you upload and what you have in the WoodMart slider? What builder do you use?

Best Regards

pearlpepper
    Participant

I have already installed the test version of Woodmart and when I install the production version I want to know how to use your default slider. Is it enough not to install Slider Revolution or the installation will be incorrect without it? I mean to set your template with just your slider.

Hello,

You need to install all the plugins in Appearance > Install plugins, start Woocommerce wizard, and then upload the demo.

Best Regards

pearlpepper
    Participant

Why are you writing this? I am asking something quite different. Read the question I asked.
    I want to know if it is possible to set the default template without using Slider Revolution. Using only your slider. Is it possible during installation to refuse to install Slider Revolution. Also, I do not understand why install it if after installing the demo data there are no slides in it and it is not used in any way.

Hello,

When you upload the base version demo, all the sliders are uploaded: both Slider Revolution and WoodMart Slider.

As soon as you upload and set the demo, you can delete all the content you do not need.

Our documentation clearly states that all the plugins in Appearance > Install plugins are required to upload the demo.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)