Home Forums WoodMart support forum Issue with CDN relating to Woodmart resizing of images.

Issue with CDN relating to Woodmart resizing of images.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

silkoutlet
    Participant

Hi there,
    I have an issue with the smush pro CDN not allowing the theme to serve images properly due to the theme settings which I hope can be solved in the settings? I have another website using Woodmart and it has no issues with the smush pro CDN so I would like to know where I can change settings to fix this please?

This is the response from the CDN team at smush suggesting the solution:

The issue seems to be coming from the page “img” markup, which most likely comes from the theme.

If you look into the page source code, you will notice that Smush CDN actually does serve smaller image sizes that should fit the container better.

However, the page uses so called “responsive images” which means that out of all the images provided – the browser decided which one to use.

That would work perfectly fine, but then there’s an additional attribute for the “img” tag for those reported images. For example the first image in GTMetrix results has:

sizes=”(max-width: 0px) 100vw, 0px”

Which is problematic, and something that would have to be checked on the theme level, so the theme either wouldn’t specify that or would select “better” sizes based on the screen resolution.

I see that you’re using Woodmart theme, you might need to consult their support about how to disable/fix the “responsive image” feature.

Thanks, Tom

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Could you please check how it works with some default WordPress themes like TwentyTwenty or WooCommerce Storefront to understand is it our theme issue or not? So-called “Responsive images” is a built in WordPress functionality and our theme doesn’t influence it.

Regards

silkoutlet
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply, please check the results on the twenty twenty theme, they are showing A for page speed now, it appears the issue would be with the theme possibly, im not sure? I dont have this issue with the Woodmart theme on my other website so I assume there could be an issue?
    I’ve provided admin access in the private area so you can take a look if required, thanks.

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.silkwormstoreoutlet.co.uk/5NYElLBD

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Sorry, I meant check that particular problem with images and its attributes that was mentioned in the reply

That would work perfectly fine, but then there’s an additional attribute for the “img” tag for those reported images. For example the first image in GTMetrix results has:

sizes=”(max-width: 0px) 100vw, 0px”

The default theme has such attributes as well so what exactly is wrong about our theme?

silkoutlet
    Participant

Hi,

so what exactly is wrong about our theme?

I dont know? CDN works with the standard theme but not with Woodmart, maybe there are settings wrong or something?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

The report from Gtmetrix says nothing about CDN in your examples. Probably, it works in the same way with a default theme and with WoodMart. Maybe there is something wrong with the plugin. Personally, we use WP Rocket and it has CDN function as well. You can see how it works on our demo for example.

silkoutlet
    Participant

Please see this example for the CDN issues: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.silkwormstoreoutlet.co.uk/xotcj3v5

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

This report says that CDN is not enabled for any of the JS and CSS files, not from our theme only https://gyazo.com/0c78a36888a3808e3962d420334efd70

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)