Home Forums WoodMart support forum List Style not showing bullets anymore

List Style not showing bullets anymore

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

mjwilson
    Participant

Hello –

We have list styles in all of our product pages, that show a “•” (bullet), when using the

tags.

An entry looks like this in the text area of the product listing:

Hematite Properties:

• Enhances willpower and reliability
    • Helps overcome addictions
    • Grounds and protects you
    • Treats any form of overindulgence
    • Stimulates concentration and focus
    • Harmonizes mind, body, and spirit
    • Dissolves negativity
    • Boosts self esteem
    • Provides pain relief
    • Helps with leg cramps, anxiety and insomnia

I am attaching a screen shot to show that the bullets have now been replaced with “carats” and the spacing has opened up as well (there is single spacing between bullets and the spacing is larger here.)

Bullets WERE showing on our product pages earlier today, but now these “carats” are showing.

We can’t seem to find anything in the CSS area that could cause this.

Can you help?

Thanks.

Mj

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

mjwilson
    Participant

Here is how the bullets should look on the page:

• Enhances willpower and reliability
    • Helps overcome addictions
    • Grounds and protects you
    • Treats any form of overindulgence
    • Stimulates concentration and focus
    • Harmonizes mind, body, and spirit
    • Dissolves negativity
    • Boosts self esteem
    • Provides pain relief
    • Helps with leg cramps, anxiety and insomnia

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings.

.comments-area .comment-body ul>li, .entry-content>ol ul>li, .entry-content>ul ul>li, .entry-content>ul>li, .header-banner-container>ol ul>li, .header-banner-container>ul ul>li, .header-banner-container>ul>li, .hover-content-inner>ol ul>li, .hover-content-inner>ul ul>li, .hover-content-inner>ul>li, .order-list ul>li, .portfolio-single-content>ol ul>li, .portfolio-single-content>ul ul>li, .portfolio-single-content>ul>li, .textwidget>ol:not(.menu) ul>li, .textwidget>ul:not(.menu) ul>li, .textwidget>ul:not(.menu)>li, .unordered-list ul>li, .unordered-list>li, .wc-tab-inner>div>ol ul>li, .wc-tab-inner>div>ul ul>li, .wc-tab-inner>div>ul>li, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ol ul>li, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ul ul>li, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ul>li, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ol ul>li, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ul ul>li, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ul>li, .woodmart-entry-content>ol ul>li, .woodmart-entry-content>ul ul>li, .woodmart-entry-content>ul>li, .woodmart-text-block>ol ul>li, .woodmart-text-block>ul ul>li, .woodmart-text-block>ul>li, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ol ul>li, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ul ul>li, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ul>li {
    	list-style: square!important;
    }

.comments-area .comment-body ul>li:before, .entry-content>ol ul>li:before, .entry-content>ul ul>li:before, .entry-content>ul>li:before, .header-banner-container>ol ul>li:before, .header-banner-container>ul ul>li:before, .header-banner-container>ul>li:before, .hover-content-inner>ol ul>li:before, .hover-content-inner>ul ul>li:before, .hover-content-inner>ul>li:before, .order-list ul>li:before, .portfolio-single-content>ol ul>li:before, .portfolio-single-content>ul ul>li:before, .portfolio-single-content>ul>li:before, .textwidget>ol:not(.menu) ul>li:before, .textwidget>ul:not(.menu) ul>li:before, .textwidget>ul:not(.menu)>li:before, .unordered-list ul>li:before, .unordered-list>li:before, .wc-tab-inner>div>ol ul>li:before, .wc-tab-inner>div>ul ul>li:before, .wc-tab-inner>div>ul>li:before, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ol ul>li:before, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ul ul>li:before, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ul>li:before, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ol ul>li:before, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ul ul>li:before, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ul>li:before, .woodmart-entry-content>ol ul>li:before, .woodmart-entry-content>ul ul>li:before, .woodmart-entry-content>ul>li:before, .woodmart-text-block>ol ul>li:before, .woodmart-text-block>ul ul>li:before, .woodmart-text-block>ul>li:before, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ol ul>li:before, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ul ul>li:before, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ul>li:before {
    	content:none!important;
    }

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

mjwilson
    Participant

Thanks for the code! It worked but the spacing is still off.

Bulleted lists should show like my sample above, with single line spacing.

After adding the code the spacing is still larger than single line spacing. I will attach a screen shot below.

Thanks.

Mj

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Strange, but we can’t see your website at the moment and check the problem. Do you have any problems with your hosting server?

mjwilson
    Participant

Hi. Sorry about that. My hosting company took down my websites, late last night, due to finding malware! We are working to fix it now. Have to get it fixed before they let our sites come back online.

Mj

mjwilson
    Participant

PS – Every time I log in to your site it redirects me to a “404 Page Not Found” error!

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Which login form did you use for that?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we fixed the form. Thank you for the report.

mjwilson
    Participant

Hello – I added a response to this ticket, last night (1/19), and my response doesn’t show here at all!

How did my response go MIA?!

Anyhow, my website is back online. The space between bullet points still exists. Can you let me know how we can fix this issue?

Thanks.

Here is a link to a page showing the extra spacing on the bullet list:

https://dev.healingstonesforyou.com/product/azurite-with-malachite-celestial-bracelet-hsfy01021703/

Eric Watson
    Participant

Hello,

Try to add the following code snippet to the Custom CSS area in Theme Settings.

.comments-area .comment-body ul>li, .entry-content>ol ul>li, .entry-content>ul ul>li, .entry-content>ul>li, .header-banner-container>ol ul>li, .header-banner-container>ul ul>li, .header-banner-container>ul>li, .hover-content-inner>ol ul>li, .hover-content-inner>ul ul>li, .hover-content-inner>ul>li, .order-list ul>li, .portfolio-single-content>ol ul>li, .portfolio-single-content>ul ul>li, .portfolio-single-content>ul>li, .textwidget>ol:not(.menu) ul>li, .textwidget>ul:not(.menu) ul>li, .textwidget>ul:not(.menu)>li, .unordered-list ul>li, .unordered-list>li, .wc-tab-inner>div>ol ul>li, .wc-tab-inner>div>ul ul>li, .wc-tab-inner>div>ul>li, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ol ul>li, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ul ul>li, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ul>li, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ol ul>li, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ul ul>li, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ul>li, .woodmart-entry-content>ol ul>li, .woodmart-entry-content>ul ul>li, .woodmart-entry-content>ul>li, .woodmart-text-block>ol ul>li, .woodmart-text-block>ul ul>li, .woodmart-text-block>ul>li, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ol ul>li, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ul ul>li, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ul>li {
        text-indent: -5px;
    }

Kind Regards
    XTemos Studio

mjwilson
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll try that and let you know how it works.

Mj

mjwilson
    Participant

Forgot to ask – Artem had sent different code before (see above), when instead of bullets, a different symbol was showing, in the bullet list.

Should this new code you sent “replace” the code he sent me earlier, or be added in addition to it?

This seems like a lot of code to fix bulleted lists, which is/should be a pretty simple feature to add?

Thanks.

Mj

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

You can try to replace the initial code with this one

list-style: square!important;
            text-indent: -5px;
    }

.comments-area .comment-body ul>li:before, .entry-content>ol ul>li:before, .entry-content>ul ul>li:before, .entry-content>ul>li:before, .header-banner-container>ol ul>li:before, .header-banner-container>ul ul>li:before, .header-banner-container>ul>li:before, .hover-content-inner>ol ul>li:before, .hover-content-inner>ul ul>li:before, .hover-content-inner>ul>li:before, .order-list ul>li:before, .portfolio-single-content>ol ul>li:before, .portfolio-single-content>ul ul>li:before, .portfolio-single-content>ul>li:before, .textwidget>ol:not(.menu) ul>li:before, .textwidget>ul:not(.menu) ul>li:before, .textwidget>ul:not(.menu)>li:before, .unordered-list ul>li:before, .unordered-list>li:before, .wc-tab-inner>div>ol ul>li:before, .wc-tab-inner>div>ul ul>li:before, .wc-tab-inner>div>ul>li:before, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ol ul>li:before, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ul ul>li:before, .woocommerce-product-details__short-description>ul>li:before, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ol ul>li:before, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ul ul>li:before, .woocommerce-terms-and-conditions>ul>li:before, .woodmart-entry-content>ol ul>li:before, .woodmart-entry-content>ul ul>li:before, .woodmart-entry-content>ul>li:before, .woodmart-text-block>ol ul>li:before, .woodmart-text-block>ul ul>li:before, .woodmart-text-block>ul>li:before, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ol ul>li:before, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ul ul>li:before, .wpb_text_column .wpb_wrapper>ul>li:before {
    	content:none!important;
    }

mjwilson
    Participant

Thanks Artem – I will try it and let you know.

Glad I asked!

mjwilson
    Participant

Hi Artem –

That new bunch of code you sent, just changed the bullets back to the original “brackets,” so that didn’t work.

We changed the code back to the previous code you sent (back to the bullets), but still have the extra spacing issue between bullet points.

Why is bulleted text not working correctly, without all this code? That is kind of a basic feature in WordPress or any text editor.

Thanks.

Mj

mjwilson
    Participant

Never mind.

We just fixed your code and tightened up the line spacing.

Thanks.

Mj

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

OK, we are glad that you fixed it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)