Home Forums WoodMart support forum Moved: Reply To: Prefooter Product Carousel

Moved: Reply To: Prefooter Product Carousel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

meccio
    Participant

Thank you, I get it now.

I would like to make something similar to this Prefooter section of the demo, but instead of the various brands I’d have a few products.

I would like a clickable name of the product, ideally that changes to a specific color when hovering (different for each product), that when clicked takes you to that specific product page.

What’s the best way to achieve something like that? And which element should I use?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

1. Create HTML blog https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/html-blocks-2/#pre-footer

2. Add Product Grid/Carousel element and configure https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/product-grid-carousel-element/

3. Enable hover effect and upload images to the product gallery https://prnt.sc/ratv57 in the Theme Settings > Shop page > Product styles.

If you want to show brands, add a Brand element into the HTML block instead of the Product Grid https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/faq-guides/how-to-setup-brands/

Best Regards

meccio
    Participant

Thank you and I apologize, did not mean to post this question twice. But I did not find the original one where I had posted it.

I’m following your instructions and I have a question.

I do not want a picture of the actual product, just the name (text) exactly like you do in the demo with the brands.

Is that possible?

Regards

Hello,

There is no element that would display the product by title in a carousel. I would recommend you considering the Promo banner element. You can create banners, assign a link (links to your products) and then configure banners to display as a carousel. The disadvantage of this way is the necessity to add products manually.

I have closed the previous topic and moved the recent one into a separate topic for convenience.

Best Regards

meccio
    Participant

“The disadvantage of this way is the necessity to add products manually.”

Do you mean add the products manually to the Prefooter I would create? If that’s the case, that is exactly what I am trying to achieve.

I just want 5 or 6 different pieces of text, as in:
    Product 1, Product 2, Product 3, Product 4, Product 5 each linked to its product page.

They could either be Images (which would be just the name of the product) or simply the name in the form of text. Ideally with an hovering effect, (just a change of color).

The “Front end” final result should be exactly like you do in the demo with the various brands.

Thank you and best regards.

Hello,

You would better to try Promo banner without image background. You can make a banner carousel as well.

Best Regards

meccio
    Participant

Hello, could you give me precise instructions on how to set up the Promo Banner + Carousel to achieve the result I explained to you earlier?

I’ve been trying with no luck.

Thank you.

Hello,

1. Create HTML block.

2. Add Promo banner as you add any elements in WP Bakery cart.

3. Enter the element and configure, if you do not need the background to insert a transparent png.

4. Add the HTML block into Pre-footer. https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/html-blocks-2/#pre-footer

Best Regards

meccio
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me, but I was able to do that.

I just don’t know how to configure the Promo banner element to achieve what I need.

Hello,

Most likely the Promo banner would not provide the view exactly as you want.

1. Create HTML block,

2. Insert Promo banner elements and configure, provide the screen what you have and describe what you want, perhaps I will be able to suggest the solution.

Best Regards

meccio
    Participant

Image 1 is what I would like as the end result.
    Just Instead of the various brands, I’d have some text, they could be images, which I would add manually.

As in:
    Product 1, Product 2, Product 3, Product 4, Product 5 each linked to a product page.

Ideally with an hovering effect, (just a change of color).

If anything isn’t clear please let me know and I’ll do my best to explain it better.

Image 2 is where I’m at.

Is that correct? should I have 5 Promo Banners or 1 with a Carousel (which I don’t know how to make).

Regards

Attachments:

meccio
    Participant

It seems like image 2 is missing, don’t know why but pretty much every time I try to add more than 1 image I get an error stating that the site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Anyway I’ll add it here. Please check the above reply as well.

Attachments:

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access and HTML ID.

Best Regards

meccio
    Participant

Hello,

I still need to add the products and images.

Are you able to set the prefooter up with dummy content or do you prefer to wait until I finish adding the products?

Thank you!

Hello,

If you have at least 10-15 products it is ok. As I understand you do not show images in the prefooter, you want only product title. You can provide I will check and advise.

Best Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)