Home Forums WoodMart support forum Need a clickable button with link

Need a clickable button with link

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

kalonji1
    Participant

I’m trying to put a clickable button (one that ideally responds to a mouse hover) which takes you to a link when clicked/pressed but the only way I can find to do this is by putting in an image with a link attached but its not looking like a button.
    Other means dont appear to be suitable that I can find, can you help please?
    Thanks!

kalonji1
    Participant

Further to this, whenever I use a button, it won’t let me add a product page? Please see example for the problem I get, it always tries to make me leave the page

kalonji1
    Participant

Couldn’t attach the file it was too big, please see the private link for the example

kalonji1
    Participant

It’s taking me to the ‘posts’ page whenever I add a link..

Hello,

There are two Button elements in the WP Bakery Chart, you can choose either. http://prntscr.com/ml7kr0 and http://prntscr.com/ml7kx9 Try both, compare the option and chose the one you like. Both have the option to insert the link.

Best Regards

kalonji1
    Participant

Hi thanks for your reply, I’m getting the same issue on both the WP button and the Theme button. When I try to apply a link it won’t work, it wants to leave the page as per the previous attached image.
    I’ve tried this on both safari and Firefox thinking maybe it would work but nope!
    Please help!

kalonji1
    Participant

Just to confirm too, the page its taking me to when I try to apply a link, is the ‘posts’ page? It literally makes no sense. Maybe there needs to be some code or something prior to the link to let it know what to do? confused.

Hello,

Please provide your site admin access to the private area. Also, provide page URL where you have inserted the button element and URL which you want to assign to the button.

Best Regards

kalonji1
    Participant

Thanks, info in private area.

kalonji1
    Participant

In addition to that, you’ll see on my hompage under the silver revolution, there are 3 call to action type things, they can’t have links attached to them either?

Hope you can sort this, thanks!

kalonji1
    Participant

that was meant to be slider revolution*

Hello,

Yes, your WP Bakery page builder is not available in the backend on the page and do not work correctly. Please deactivate all the plugins not related to the theme and switch to the parent theme.

Best Regards

kalonji1
    Participant

I need to use the child theme to prevent overwriting of certain Woocommerce documents. Is there no way I can get links to work on the button?

Hello,

First of all, we need to detect what causes the problem. So, deactivate all the pluigns not related to the theme and check. If the problem has been solved, you will not need to deactivate your child theme, if you still have the problem it means you have an incorrect customization code. In this case, you will either deactivate the child theme or correct the customization code.

Best Regards

kalonji1
    Participant

I’ve deactivated everthing and its not working. Please note that this was also not working before switching to the child theme.
    Please help 🙁

Hello,

Please confirm the permit to switch to the parent theme and deactivate the plugins for the period of checking what can take 20m minutes.

Best Regards

kalonji1
    Participant

Hi, sure go for it. Hope it works!

Hello,

I see you are using the out-to-dated theme, please update https://xtemos.com/docs/woodmart/update-theme-2/ and check again.

Best Regard

kalonji1
    Participant

Hi, just updated the theme.. same problem!

Thanks,

kalonji1
    Participant

So I dont know if this helps but maybe you can help me manually sort this? I have the buttons on the homepage as previously discussed and also the buttons on the subscription page I asked about too, I have taken the code from both of the elements in the backend for 2 of the elements, can you tell me please where or how I would amend them to add links to make them functional? I just want to get this sorted.. thanks!

Homepage element html:

|||” title=”Silkworm
    Pre-packs” title_desktop_text_size=”34″ title_tablet_text_size=”32″ title_mobile_text_size=”26″ btn_text=”Buy Now” subtitle=”Livefood”][/promo_banner][promo_banner image=”3478″ content_width=”60″ woodmart_color_scheme=”dark” btn_position=”static” btn_color=”alt” btn_style=”link” btn_size=”small” subtitle_color=”primary” subtitle_style=”background” title_size=”custom” font_weight=”700″ content_text_size=”medium” vertical_alignment=”middle” link=”url:%23|||

Subscription page button html

[/vc_column_text][contact-form-7 id="402" title="Contact Us"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][woodmart_button color="custom" style="3d" shape="semi-round" size="extra-large" title="One Delivery Per Week" bg_color="#1e73be" bg_color_hover="#e54ec9"][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][woodmart_button color="custom" style="3d" shape="semi-round" size="extra-large" title="One Delivery Every 2 weeks" bg_color="#1e73be" bg_color_hover="#e54ec9"][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][woodmart_button color="custom" style="3d" shape="semi-round" size="extra-large" title="One Delivery Per Month" bg_color="#1e73be" bg_color_hover="#e54ec9"][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Hope you can help 🙁 otherwise I hope, now that I have updated the theme, you can resolve the issue somehow for me?

Hello,

You need to switch to editor mode https://gyazo.com/1637f8977b07b7c471a6c9000bf7b74d

Then edit the button https://gyazo.com/025811baa57c28e01806ad5e016d6f70 You can choose from the drop-down or just insert your URL

Best Regards

kalonji1
    Participant

It works, thank you! Crisis over.

kalonji1
    Participant

Have you taken off my child theme and reverted to the original theme? Please can you confirm any changes that have been made, so that I can revert back to what I need. thank you

Hello,

I did not touch the theme. It is the child theme now. I have deactivated WooCommerce Blocks. You can activate plugins one by one and check your site

Best Regards

kalonji1
    Participant

ok thanks, should I reactivate Woocommerce blocks? Is this something I need or am currently using?
    Thanks,

Hello,

This plugin does not relate to the theme if you do not need, delete it.

Best Regards

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)