Home Forums WoodMart support forum Optimizing Website Google Fonts

Optimizing Website Google Fonts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

CumerKarl
    Participant

Hi!

I’ve hosted the two fonts used locally but in the pagespeed inshights I can see google fonts api loading for 780ms. How to disable that? 🙂 From theme settings-typography I’ve set the locally hosted fonts..

Speed rating for mobile is quite bad- 37/100

Apart from that, what may be causing the long loading time

All the best!

Hello,

If you have uploaded the custom font which is also provided by Google fonts, you need to rename this font in this way, for example: Roboto-local then select and set it.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

CumerKarl
    Participant

That wasn’t my question. Fonts are uploaded and named Lato-Local etc and there’s no problem with the fonts.
    How can I disable from the google Fonts loading when there aren’t any used.
    And the other question re the speed was- why’s the site’s speed score only ~36 on mobile and time to interactive more than 8 sec.
    All the photos are optimized, cache is cleared with a correct plugin and I followed the Xtemos guide on how to optimize the website. Time spent parsing, compiling and executing JS is more then 6 seconds on mobile (screenshot attached). How to solve that issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

It looks like extra Google fonts are loaded by Elementor plugin and not by our theme. To disable them you need to edit any page on your website with Elementor, go to Site Settings -> Global fonts and disable all fonts from there
    https://gyazo.com/ec5ac015dcb0e804bb4ee5f4e0034468
    https://gyazo.com/e59ea162afe66729147fe748a1d612e7

Kind Regards

CumerKarl
    Participant

Alright, thanks! Added this code to theme’s child functions.php and now the page score increased.

Code:
    // Disable Google Fonts in Elementor
    add_filter( ‘elementor/frontend/print_google_fonts’, ‘__return_false’ );

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Great, we are glad that you sorted it out! Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Optimizing Website Google Fonts’ is closed to new replies.