Home Forums WoodMart support forum Product Attributes

Product Attributes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

BPP
    Participant

Hi Woodmart Support

I have some questions about the way woodmart is handling the product attributes from woocommerce.
    We sell print-products on our website and they do all have a «size» («Format» in german)-attribute.

This information needs to be visible along the whole buying process starting from the product-single page over the cart, checkout and then on the confirmation mails sent to us and to the customer.

Currently this is currently only the case for the variable products in our range.
    As you can see in the screenshot for these Products the value of the «size»-attribute is appended to the product name which is bad because it does not belong there and the text gets way too long.

The example on the Screenshot looks like this:
    Trauerkarte Appenzell Innerrhoden Seealpsee – 4-seitig | 180 × 115 mm

Instead the attribute should be on a separate line like this:
    Trauerkarte Appenzell Innerrhoden Seealpsee
    Format: 4-seitig | 180 × 115 mm

For the «simple» Products this information is not displayed at all.

Please assist us in fixing this, it seems like a pretty common requirement for a shop.

We have customized the Shop-Pages using Elementor but i have no influence on what information is displayed on the Product Tables and neither there seems to be an element that i could use to list the product attributes beneath the Product Name.

Kind regards
    Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello,

Woodmart offers visual customization of the attribute, at the same time the attributes work in the same way as they work in Woocommere by default.

Please check this manual to show the variation as a separate simple product: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/linked-variations/

In addition, default variable products can have swatches instead of default drop-down: https://xtemos.com/docs-topic/variable-products-and-swatches/

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards

BPP
    Participant

Hi Elise

Thank you for the links but i think those won’t adress the problems i was talking about.

My main issue is that the Product Attributes don’t show up anywhere on the Shop pages and mails for the simple products. I can’t imagine that’s standard woocommerce behaviour, how would you build a functional shop without this?

Our production-team needs to see what product attributes are assigned to each of the ordered poducts, that’s crucial.

Kind regards
    Chris

Hello,

Please make the full backup of your site and check the issue on the Storefront theme to detect if our theme causes the problem. Storefront is a free theme developed by WooСommerce.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)