Home Forums WoodMart support forum Reduce Java Script and CSS size

Reduce Java Script and CSS size

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

daniel@limeworks.us
    Participant

Hi my website performance is good, but I would like to speed it up. Can you help with reducing the java script size and CSS size? Also, I have been getting a 503 error on the site occasionally and I believe it may be theme related.

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Hello,

In general, our theme is already optimized and don’t have too many resources to make your website slow. Most likely, your website performance suffers from the content you have added to your website. It may happen in case of too many plugins, large not optimized images or other resources. So we suggest you to remove unnecessary plugins, install some kind of JS & CSS optimizing plugins like Better WordPress Minify and a caching plugin like WP Super Cache or use WP Rocket for both tasks. Also, you can use GTmetrix tool to see what makes your website slow and optimize these parts of your website.

As for the 503 error, 500 Internal Error is a generic error and says about some issue on the server and can be caused by different things. Anyway, to understand its nature you need to see your server error logs or enable PHP error display on the website. If you can’t do this, you need to contact your hosting provider for help in this question. Here is an article that may help you understand the error better http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-the-internal-server-error-in-wordpress/

Regards

daniel@limeworks.us
    Participant

Ok thanks, for the feedback. Also if you go to the site at the moment. Drop down arrows are missing. Can you help fix this?

Artem Temos
    Keymaster

Try to clear your browser cache and check how it works. It seems to be fine https://gyazo.com/81fb89fac97c162a7615b2c2874e8569

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)